Sofirn C01 for 2020

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't find any reference to a C01 pro in terms of production lights, it may have been the pre release name for the c01s

Flashlike

Enlightened
The Sofirn C01 for 2020 just has one level of brightness -- correct? I'd prefer at least two levels like some of the previous ones had.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
> The Sofirn C01 for 2020 just has one level of brightness -- correct?

Yes

> I'd prefer at least two levels like some of the previous ones had.

2 modes is also an option, it is called C01S

post 16 has the rundown on the C01 Series

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
my C01 "Sophia" version arrived today, it`s a strange little light! there`s no glass lens at all and the "reflector" looks like plain un-polished alu (that you can touch from the outside because no glass!)
However the Color temp and beam profile is actually quite nice! and brighter than I thought it would be, it`s single mode On/Off as well.
if it wasn`t for the lack of a lens it would make a great keyring light, but as it stands I`m not sure I`d trust things not to get inside of it and break it. and probably has an IPX of 0.
it`ll remain a shelf queen / collectors item though, and certainly worth the $3.99 I paid for it :)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
if it wasn`t for the lack of a lens it would make a great keyring light, but as it stands I`m not sure I`d trust things not to get inside of it and break it. and probably has an IPX of 0.
it`ll remain a shelf queen / collectors item though, and certainly worth the $3.99 I paid for it :)

I promise it is fine for keychain carry. That light can take a lot of abuse, use it freely!! Lights of this style have been thru many many torture tests.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
as was just described to me Perfectly on BLF: "The C01 has a 5mm led, sticking out of a "cone"."
Fortunately I adore Quirky things (including lights), and the beam really is quite pleasant (I`v already fitted a tail magnet as well), I think you should wait until yours arrives first and decide then, I`d have no second thoughts buying another if this one ever broke (not for 3.99!).

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing quirky or strange, IMHO. Many 5mm lights have exposed emitters such a the arc previously mentioned. I carried a photon II on my key ring for a decade with an exposed 5mm led and it held up perfectly.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc AAA, Fenix E01 and other AAA lights noted for ruggedness and reliability have no lens covering. Don't worry about it; just use it as you would any other pocket or keychain flashlight.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I was expecting too. Almost getting buyers remorse. No lens, no hi/low.

seems you did not understand that the C01 is the same design as a Fenix E01... I think several other people have the same confusion. Post #16 describes some of the differences. This photo may help:

ocHxHHAl.jpg

If you still want a lens and two modes, you should buy a C01S

probably has an IPX of 0.

seems you never saw a Fenix E01.. it is the same aluminium cone with a bare 5mm LED. It followed the Arc AAA, which has a lug tail, similar to what Peak now offers
tcThC4fl.jpg

after the Arc aluminium, McGizmo made the Titanium version and called it the Sapphire, because he added a sapphire lens:
Rc07bqfl.jpg

Im hoping Sofirn will do a run of C01 hosts in Titanium, and Copper :)

I was bored so i did some C01 mods.
660nm Deep Red (HDS Hyper Red)
450nm Royal Blue (HDS Forensic Blue)
595nm Amber (HDS Amber)
530nm Green (i think it's HDS Hunting Green)
84817c9f152dc2a8752d2367fa67913b.jpg

congrats on your colorful mods
But those are not C01 lights, there is one C01R, and three are C01S.
None of them use 5mm LEDs like the Arc AAA, Fenix E01 and Sofirn C01

can you confirm the C01 has an O ring seal around the 5mm LED?

Last edited:

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
well I`m reliably informed that "Around the base of the 5mm led, in a groove, is a o-ring to waterproof the interior of the head.".
To Me this is a really unusual light, I`v never come across anything like this before, so to me it`s kinda quirky, I`v had plenty exposed 5mm led lights in the mid 90`s (usually with a CR203 battery), but never one in a tube, even the 9x 5mm lights from back in the day had a push fitted plastic lens.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
seems you did not understand that the C01 is the same design as a Fenix E01... I think several other people have the same confusion. Post #16 describes some of the differences. This photo may help:

ocHxHHAl.jpg

If you still want a lens and two modes, you should buy a C01S

seems you never saw a Fenix E01.. it is the same aluminium cone with a bare 5mm LED.

congrats on your colorful mods

can you confirm the C01 has an O ring seal around the 5mm LED?

I got the co1s in all colors. Figured I'd get the co1 too. As for page 16, nobody reads any more. (Trying to be funny)