Sofirn C01 Potted AAA w High CRI

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered a pair of each tint. With this price and Yugi LED it's hard to say no.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yuji is an awesomely clean beam. I have three lights with them. You won't be disappointed if you haven't tried them before

maukka

Enlightened
Someone compared it to the Fenix E01 driver and said it is similar. So constant current boost driver. It'll probably run for 10-18 hours regulated and after that starts to dim down (specced runtime is 35 hours). I think I read that it will use all the juice from the battery if you let it, so don't leave it on when using NiMHs. Voltage range is stated as 0.8-1.6V on the product page though.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks, if using an ENELOOP PRO, what the safest it can drink juice too?.

Someone compared it to the Fenix E01 driver and said it is similar. So constant current boost driver. It'll probably run for 10-18 hours regulated and after that starts to dim down (specced runtime is 35 hours). I think I read that it will use all the juice from the battery if you let it, so don't leave it on when using NiMHs. Voltage range is stated as 0.8-1.6V on the product page though.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can run them down to 0.8v no problem. That's about their minimum usable voltage, and they have almost no energy left. Not sure if this light could drain them further than that, but it probably could even if there wasn't any light coming out at that point. The driver likely continues sucking energy.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now just black is available, not sure when blue and red will be. If you plan on getting different colors for different tints, you could just do 1 black now if you're impatient like me and get the other tint later. The price right now is only 52 cents more than the BLF special price, so you don't need to join there to get a good price.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered. My E01s are looking at me like 🤨

Me E01s are looking at me with a slightly weird blue tint and screwed up beam profile that for some reason I still love like the cross eyed evil cousin that tried to beat you up when you were little at family reunions.

I love them for being tough, and running forever but hey........ maybe these will grow on me.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
choices are good
I call it High Noon, since its 5600k High CRI

we need a name for the 3200k version.. High Tea?

I compare it to halogen bulbs, but if you want a name analogous to "high noon", it would be a warm sunset.

Other descriptions I've heard include cream and caramel.

Enlightened
AA Eneloop Pro's are pretty sketchy as it is. I wouldn't trust the AAA Pro's when from experience I know the regular AAA Eneloops already behave poorly compared to their bigger brothers.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA Eneloop Pro's are pretty sketchy as it is. I wouldn't trust the AAA Pro's when from experience I know the regular AAA Eneloops already behave poorly compared to their bigger brothers.

Unless you're referring to something more significant than the data from AA Cycler, Power Me Up, or others showing they're less robust to conditions outside the IEC 61951 test standard compared to the regular Eneloops than the lower cycle rating suggests, "sketchy" seems like an exaggeration.

I'd be willing to bet that even if you let a C01 drain an Eneloop Pro as far as it will go, you'll kill them in relatively few cycles, but still save money versus alkalines.

Latest posts