Sofirn C01 Potted AAA w High CRI

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
congrats.. what color Sofirn bodies did you buy?

imo, the Sofirn w hotspot (the red and blue ones) have more polished reflector than the E01.. so if you rough up the reflector in the Sofirn, to be a bit matte, like the Fenix, the hotspot will go away

ime, the black Sofirn had almost no hotspot, because the reflector was less shiny than the red and blue run

good point! the picture of the box of Yujis on skylumen are 45 degree, and I agree the Sofirn are 60 degree

I dont understand why you say the E01 has no hotspot, your photo shows a very large and strong hotspot:
Black. Very seldom do I get anything other than black.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
How hard can these Yuji Hi CRI emitters be driven? I've not checked into the brand, but would be great if they've got some SMD LED's in Hi CRI as well.

Yuji rates them at 20mA nominal, 30mA max. This appears conservative. The C01 is driven at 25mA.

Djozz tested them ar 50ma for 24 hours in the C01 thread on the other forum. He measured a small output decrease in the first 30 minutes or so, consistent with them warming up, then effectively no change for the rest of the test, so 50mA seems like a safe level for a flashlight. I torture tested one to 160mA, which clearly damaged it. Output stopped increasing at 90mA, so I'd definitely stay below that level.

Yuji makes a bunch of SMD emitters, but none really ideal for a flashlight. Their 3030 model is the most likely to work, I think. It is rated for around 100 lumens.

With the Nichia E21a now demonstrated to work in a flashlight application, and even the ultra high CRI Optisolis with certain floody optics, I think those are the best options currently for something with impeccable light quality but more output than these 5mm.

I'm looking forward to trying one of these newer emitters out to compare to the Yuji, which so far are my favorite.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 4000K Jetusolis was shipped a few days ago. I can post a comparison to the 3200K C01 when it arrives if anyone is interested. I can compare a couple of different 219B SW40 R9050 lights too. I don't have any E21a lights unfortunately.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Received my order from AliExpress
in 4 weeks, direct from China to USA.

Very Nice little flashlights !

And only cost me $ 7.10 each !

Truly a Bargain

Nichia!

Banned
I placed order 2 days ago and I got Message from sofrin telling me it's out of stock and they are preparing to release the C01 pro?? In 2 weeks..

Any idea what's C01 pro?

And can anyone tell me where can find these in black color for the same price?

I ordered 2 in 3200k and 2 in 5600k all in black color

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I placed order 2 days ago and I got Message from sofrin telling me it's out of stock and they are preparing to release the C01 pro?? In 2 weeks..

Any idea what's C01 pro?

The furthest I know, the C01 Pro is a 2 mode AAA light with a high CRI SST20 with a 100 lumen high and 3 lumen low.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The furthest I know, the C01 Pro is a 2 mode AAA light with a high CRI SST20 with a 100 lumen high and 3 lumen low.
Any idea if it will be potted like the C01?

I have to say I am loving these little guys. I got 2 3200K so far and was going to order a couple of 5600K but, now I may wait as the pro may be more to my liking for a backup daytime light.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea if it will be potted like the C01?

I have to say I am loving these little guys. I got 2 3200K so far and was going to order a couple of 5600K but, now I may wait as the pro may be more to my liking for a backup daytime light.

Not sure if they'll be potted or not. It'd be pretty nice if they will be, but I have a feeling they probably wont be. I'll check over on BLF if there's any further info.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any idea what's C01 pro?

The color anodized version is still listed as in stock, but unfortunately, it looks like the black version is sold out. I'm not sure if there are going to be any more made with the Yuji 5mm.

As far as I know, Sofirn's Ali Express page is the only place they can be ordered from.

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
still EDC'ng my black C01 every day . dropped twice no damage. love the warm beam. a slight bit of wear at the split ring barley noticeable.

great light worth every penny!!!!

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C01 Pro, now called C01S, is now up on Ali's site. Unfortunately (in my opinion) it has a high-low UI.