• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SOLD LD02vn - IMR10440 Clicky EDC

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: LD02vn - IMR10440 Clicky EDC

Vinh, I can make you a tool similar to what the factory uses if you like. Should take the pill out much easier.

I think the glue is the problem. As the light has hole that fit my tools perfectly. In other words I do have a good grip. Just cant turn it. :)

Is there an easier way to break the blue without using heat?

lumentia

Enlightened

Nope :( not wothout damaging the lens. Acetone is a powerful solvent that will soften most glues, but also plastics, etc.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Freezing with canned spray nitrogen and applying heat to outside right after freezing inside?
Should shrink glue an expand metal an Bob's somebodies uncle?

Probably already do that, just wanted to hear myself blabber, thanks for listening.

stevenkelby

Enlightened
If anyone doesn't want theirs s I'll take one, not fussy and cosmetic damage is fine :)

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is this the driver with moonlight mode (ML) or the one without? Hoping for the lowest lows I can get. Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If anyone doesn't want theirs s I'll take one, not fussy and cosmetic damage is fine :)

I got two sample with a diffused lens as the optics is a bit melted during dis-assembly. Still very bright and is an excellent small flooder. Discounted price if you want one. Just email me.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Is this the driver with moonlight mode (ML) or the one without? Hoping for the lowest lows I can get. Thanks!

ML or 1% is really the same thing. I just call it 1% now so its easy to relate than moonlight.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ask Fenix if they will make a batch for you that is not glued.
For buyers of LD02vn

These LD02vn are even tougher to mod then them TISvn and MaratacVN! LOL

The pills are glued very tightly. Nothing do would get them out. Finally I have to resort to WD40 and lots of heat.

LD02vn pill removal 1/2 Lots of heat but only driver broke out. Not the pill.

LD02vn pill removal 2/2 Added more heat and then pill came out.

I bought 10 total, 2 are ruined. 8 were successfully modded. 3 turned out perfect. The other 5 turned out less than perfect for various reasons. I will randomly draw your names and a light and ask if you still want it providing you with a description of your light. If you pass on it I will issue a refund.

All the lights are modded with XPG2 5000K for simplicity sake. XPL, doesn't fit too well.

I will not mod anymore...OK here we go...

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
7c17547803ab24480763bf1171173de8.jpg

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not the best picture but, like Neale, mine arrived today. Love it Wayne, this is instantly one of my favorite lights!

IMG_7462_zpsem18lqq2.jpg