Soon new Lupine Betty and Wilma 3600 lumen and 2400 lumen respectively

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
All their 2013 lights are available for order. :)

I just ordered several. Waiting on the Betty R.

anotherocduser

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Wilma 2400, what an amazing ligh. I'll post a review after a few more hours of use
Cheers

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know when the new upgrades will come out?
i mean the latest ones not the 1300 lumen DIY kits.
i have two Wilma's 920 lumen waiting for the big upgrades.
i have searched the net thoroughly and found no news about them.

anotherocduser

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know when the new upgrades will come out?
i mean the latest ones not the 1300 lumen DIY kits.
i have two Wilma's 920 lumen waiting for the big upgrades.
i have searched the net thoroughly and found no news about them.
the 1300 includes xm-l LEDs so I think that is possible that you might be stuck with that since you don't have a more powerful driver to push more watts. The 1300 lumens would be pretty significant though; over 30% more so it will definitely be noticeable. The other option is to add them to Germany so they can upgrade the driver too. Don't quote me on this since I'm just speculating!

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately you are right anotherocduser.
I have contacted with Stefan from Lupine and said to me that it's impossible to upgrade my Wilma to the latest updated version.
Lupine always said that the upgradeability of their products is a big plus to their competitors.
Too bad that she let us alone now..

anotherocduser

Newly Enlightened
Garbman 1300 lumens is a lot. You have to remember that technology moves forward fast and absolutely everything has a life cycle, nonetheless your Wilma is not dead, it will keep performing for many years and like I said, the last upgrade available for your model will be very significant!
off course we always want more, not because we need it but because we wanted ;)
I have an "old" Betty and to be honest is not worth it to me to sell it and buy the new one because is so much light as it is, and I could even upgrade it 300-400 more lumens.
lastly remember that you could sell the headlight only to buy the new one since your battery and chargers work perfectly with any lighthead :cool:
cheers

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately you are right anotherocduser.
I have contacted with Stefan from Lupine and said to me that it's impossible to upgrade my Wilma to the latest updated version.
Lupine always said that the upgradeability of their products is a big plus to their competitors.
Too bad that she let us alone now..

It is very obvious why this is the case.
The upgrades only consist of a PCB that has newer, more efficient leds on it (and compatible lense for these leds).
The newer leds can take much more current than the older ones (for example the old Seoul P4 can take 1A, the new XM_Ls can take 3A). The newer lights have drivers that put out more current meaning that they make better use of the new leds. The driver is something that the user can't upgrade.

On a positive note: your lights with upgraded leds uses less power than the newer ones meaning longer runtimes (especially if you buy one of the newer battery packs).

Latest posts