Spoiler Review: Olight R50 Pro Seeker (LE Kit version)

needforspeed

Newly Enlightened
I sent mine back after it killed three batteries while in the r dock. The dead batteries went back as well with the charging system. Olight has replied to me that the light was defective and a new one is being sent back. No indication of the actual issie, but it is being replaced. I had to pay to ship it back. But to me it's worth it for peace of mind.

gteague

Newly Enlightened
where are they in providing those of us who bought these lights information? i own like 15 olights and i doubt i'll ever buy another one based on their lack of response. and i'm not paying to send their junk back either--they need to send ups with a prepaid label to my house--it's a 50 mile round trip for me to go into town.

i've complained to going gear as well--maybe they have more pull with them to make them do the right thing.

/guy

gteague

Newly Enlightened
olight is posting (finally!) that they've discovered a 'bad batch of batteries'. considering that i purchased my 3 that died from 3 different places, they're either wrong or the 'batch' is huge. and the latter seems unlikely since i've only heard of about a dozen of us affected.

/guy

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
@gteague, thanks for the heads-up. will wait for your test results as I gave my test unit to my local distributor for display and demo.

strange that what they posted as the problem is different from my understanding of the findings. anyway, they are the authority in this matter... :shrug: :laughing:

gteague

Newly Enlightened
@gteague, thanks for the heads-up. will wait for your test results as I gave my test unit to my local distributor for display and demo.

strange that what they posted as the problem is different from my understanding of the findings. anyway, they are the authority in this matter... :shrug: :laughing:

i received 3 batteries from them today and i have one in the light on the dock right now. at least it won't cost me anything but the electricity to test this time. they said theirs failed at 2.5 weeks so i'm just going to sit on my hands until 17th april and then open the coffin. i mean, check the light. [g]

/guy

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
we can test the battery Voltage by touching the probe in 2 ways...
1. black probe touching the center round plate, and red probe touching the outer ring plate:
ProbeBatteryVolt01.jpg

2. black probe touching the center round plate, red probe touching the positive contact of the battery:
ProbeBatteryVolt02.jpg

this should gives you a Voltage reading... or otherwise...

and it seems another member @HughJorgan is having similar issue with his battery too with similar "standby" condition. this is interesting... let's hope Olight can figure out what's wrong... :poke:

My LE 50 Seeker battery gave up recently just a month after receiving it.

My local dealer replaced the Olight special 26650 for me and said this failure was common in these lights.

He said Olight used a bad batch of batteries.

I won't be buying any lights that use these propriatry batteries ever again.

CHEERS

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
fwiw, for those of you who bought this LE edition of R50 Pro and faced with battery dead issue, you should contact your respective country distributor (or directly contact the manufacturer) to arrange for battery warranty replacement.
If your replacement battery still died after leaving in the R Dock for prolong period, you can now request through your country distributor for the R-Dock replacement as Olight has made updates to the R Dock to prevent this from happening. Just a heads-up.

gteague

Newly Enlightened
fwiw, for those of you who bought this LE edition of R50 Pro and faced with battery dead issue, you should contact your respective country distributor (or directly contact the manufacturer) to arrange for battery warranty replacement.
If your replacement battery still died after leaving in the R Dock for prolong period, you can now request through your country distributor for the R-Dock replacement as Olight has made updates to the R Dock to prevent this from happening. Just a heads-up.

they sent me 3 batteries to replace 3 i burned out. two of them died as well despite their repeated assurances it was a bad batch of batteries. i knew better just by plain logic. i've taken the dock out of service and now i have to charge the battery in the old r50 flashlight which is very slow and negates the whole reason for paying the extra money for an emergency light. anyone who depends on this total piece of screwed up engineering in an emergency deserves what they get. i'm done with olight. they refused to replace the light or the dock my first two calls and it was only after i'd called them a 3rd time that they sent the batteries. assholes.

/guy

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
@gteague, I feel your disappointments... in fact, yours and other users' post made in their subforum was one of the earliest that was made as reference to them about the continued failure of the battery charging system. my earlier communications on this issue with them makes me think that besides the R-Dock/battery, another problem is in miscommunication of the designed function of the product and somewhere somehow was mistranslated. The emergency function was a good idea but sadly fall short on execution.

buglight

Newly Enlightened
I realize this is an old thread but I had the same problem with my unit. Olight requested I send it back to them...I did. They sent it back with a new battery and said the same...bad batch as above.
Now, many months later the exact same thing had happened again. I'm thinking the batteries aren't the problem...the charging station is.
I have yet to contact them again and frankly don't want to go through...and pay for...the same shipping thing again.
I plan to call/email in the morning.
Anyone have having similar issues?

nevermind...found a newer thread :p

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realize this is an old thread but I had the same problem with my unit. Olight requested I send it back to them...I did. They sent it back with a new battery and said the same...bad batch as above.
Now, many months later the exact same thing had happened again. I'm thinking the batteries aren't the problem...the charging station is.
I have yet to contact them again and frankly don't want to go through...and pay for...the same shipping thing again.
I plan to call/email in the morning.
Anyone have having similar issues?

nevermind...found a newer thread :p
Link to thread