Spy 007 Pics

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Well I got my 007 yesterday and this light is just awesome!! :thumbsup: Ever since I saw the photos of the finished light, I knew what I wanted to try with mine and so I did it.

SPY007-2.jpg

I put two white H3 vials in the provided slots and on the knob, I stuck an O-ring in the bore on top knowing it would stick up a bit proud of the knob and that it would also provide for a pool of Norland and two blue H3 vials that would be under the surface of the Norland.

SPY007-3.jpg

SPY007-1.jpg

I wouldn't think of taking this light apart or doing any irreversible modifications to it but I think that knob pocket is just asking for some personalization! :) Perhaps a small disk of exotic leather or hyde. I have often wondered if Ti would serve as a base metal for Cloisonné and this knob would be an interesting place to find out if it could be removed easily which I kind of doubt.

Enough on the knob. This light just feels great in the hand and it activates and shifts levels so clean and easily!! :thumbsup:

I am as likely to EDC Dave's 007 as he is to EDC one of my lights. :eek: We understand each other on this.

The only issue or shortcoming this light has for me and this is certainly a personal issue is that of not having a clip. If I were to carry this light on a daily basis, I would seriously come up with some means of attaching a clip that folded over from its mount on the tail cap and had its tip up just forward of the milled flat on the side. The light could ride so close and tight on your hip, on belt or waist band that it seems a natural. I have gotten in the habit of carrying all of my lights this way and the SPY007 would be great in such a method of carry, IMHO.

For those who have one of these and don't carry and use it often, they will be missing out on a great tool in hand.

The 007 is such a beautiful example of functional art. It fits so well in hand and allows you to see that which you couldn't otherwise. It is a pleasure to look at and look with! :thumbsup:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only issue or shortcoming this light has for me and this is certainly a personal issue is that of not having a clip. If I were to carry this light on a daily basis, I would seriously come up with some means of attaching a clip that folded over from its mount on the tail cap and had its tip up just forward of the milled flat on the side. The light could ride so close and tight on your hip, on belt or waist band that it seems a natural. I have gotten in the habit of carrying all of my lights this way and the SPY007 would be great in such a method of carry, IMHO.

Uh Oh!!

I predict this will be the first Spy 007 (released to the public) to be drilled and tapped for scientific advancement. :nana:

Go for it Don!

MSax

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don/Dave,

It really is quite something the way that the great makers/designers/artisans of this forum have such mutual respect for each other, that is shared so freely and openly.

Now if you can pull of that Cloisonné that would be quite something, although I suspect this may be the start of a downward spiral into crochet and knitting.:nana:

EDIT: Volume marker trits look great btw.

Last edited:

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, now I want a carbon fiber/kevlar in yellow, red, orange or blue color :grin2: disk to fit on my Spy knob. Who's going to offer that to us? :poke:

:paypal:

edit : hey what about a black delrin disk that perfectly fit in the knob and has machined slots in order to fit one or two tritium vials?

Last edited:

Rudi

Enlightened
I wouldn't think of taking this light apart or doing any irreversible modifications to it but I think that knob pocket is just asking for some personalization! :) Perhaps a small disk of exotic leather or hyde. /quote]

. . . or a tritium half-sphere?

McGizmo

Flashaholic

edit : hey what about a black delrin disk that perfectly fit in the knob and has machined slots in order to fit one or two tritium vials?

Delrin?

Come on. Consider the light here! :nana:

How about a nice 18k gold disk or coin inset with the H3 vial slot in it? Ti and gold look great together and the knob would no doubt remain polished cause I know you guys know how to polish your knobs! :p

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing:

Don, unlike the 005, the knob does come off the 007. It is held on with a locknut but a nut driver needs to be turned pretty thin to fit. Though taking the 007 apart voids the warranty, it will not stop some. I wanted something easier to assemble and the lock nut makes adjusting the knob a snap.

I know many of you like using a belt clip on a light. Already in my list of rail attachments is a clip. Anybody else interested?

Thanks for the fun pictures Don. You sure waisted no time decorating the knob! :popcorn:

Cheers
Dave

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before we continue any further discussion about clips and inserts can I remind you that some of us would be happy with just a light!:green:

........anything you sell will likely be snapped up faster than a one-legged man at an ***-kickin'.

Kansas sure does have the market covered on interesting passtimes Dad, it's a wonder you find time to visit this place!:p

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I know this is long overdue. But the first two photo shoots didn't come out to good. So I decided to go back to my roots. Enjoy......

DSC02447.jpg

DSC02445.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

DSC02446.jpg

DSC02458.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

DSC02467.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

DSC02453.jpg

DSC02454.jpg

DSC02467.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02463.jpg

DSC02473.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02484.jpg

......whew!!! Words don't describe this light.

MSax

ArsMachina

Enlightened
I wouldn't think of taking this light apart or doing any irreversible modifications to it but I think that knob pocket is just asking for some personalization! :) Perhaps a small disk of exotic leather or hyde.

Perhaps like that ???

spy007_01.jpg

spy007_02.jpg

Jochen

Last edited:

ShortArc

Enlightened
Yes, a belt clip would be very useful!
Thanks,
Willem.

:laughing:

Don, unlike the 005, the knob does come off the 007. It is held on with a locknut but a nut driver needs to be turned pretty thin to fit. Though taking the 007 apart voids the warranty, it will not stop some. I wanted something easier to assemble and the lock nut makes adjusting the knob a snap.

I know many of you like using a belt clip on a light. Already in my list of rail attachments is a clip. Anybody else interested?

Thanks for the fun pictures Don. You sure waisted no time decorating the knob! :popcorn:

Cheers
Dave