• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SR52UTvn35

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xpg3 out throws the xpg2 I've been looking at this even over the xhp50 as a mod for the p6. Still investigating.

Kind of! They put out more but they don't like dedoming, which is where most of the throw comes from. The new XPL2 is the same type, so waiting for a HI version might be the only option. [emoji17]

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
so... is this project dead in the water? the more i think about it the more i realize the numbers just arent good enough over the current SR52vn offerings. i didnt think the lux would be any greater than the xp-l PTD, being a bigger die and all, but i was hoping the output would be 2000+ lumens.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
so... is this project dead in the water? the more i think about it the more i realize the numbers just arent good enough over the current SR52vn offerings. i didnt think the lux would be any greater than the xp-l PTD, being a bigger die and all, but i was hoping the output would be 2000+ lumens.

Seems like it unfortunately. Just couldn't get enough lumens out of the XHP35. I'm still considering sending mine to Vinh as it's just not getting enough use. To the eye, there's not much difference in throw between the current boosted version and the S200C2vn in XPG2 PDT, which is half the size. The M3XS-UT stock kills it for throw with one less battery. But I really love the SR52 size and want to make it work. Hmmmm.... [emoji4]

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like it unfortunately. Just couldn't get enough lumens out of the XHP35. I'm still considering sending mine to Vinh as it's just not getting enough use. To the eye, there's not much difference in throw between the current boosted version and the S200C2vn in XPG2 PDT, which is half the size. The M3XS-UT stock kills it for throw with one less battery. But I really love the SR52 size and want to make it work. Hmmmm.... [emoji4]
i agree with your opinion on the SR52 size being awesome. i got the original SR50 when it first came out (2009-10?). with the SST-50 it was around 40k lux and 600 lumens (and a price tag around 230 bucks). i really liked the size but never did jump on the SR51 or 52.

who knows, maybe vinh can keep tweaking and get the lux at 250k and the output to 2000 lumens. one positive is that since the XHP-35 version doesnt use driverVn the charging port should still work.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
i agree with your opinion on the SR52 size being awesome. i got the original SR50 when it first came out (2009-10?). with the SST-50 it was around 40k lux and 600 lumens (and a price tag around 230 bucks). i really liked the size but never did jump on the SR51 or 52.

who knows, maybe vinh can keep tweaking and get the lux at 250k and the output to 2000 lumens. one positive is that since the XHP-35 version doesnt use driverVn the charging port should still work.

That's true. I thought the silver bullet here was the DRIVERVNXR ( or whatever it was [emoji38]) being able to support XHP35, which the others could not. In the end Vinh hasn't used it. I'm sure that there is a reason ( perhaps overall cost) but it hasn't been addressed so I am curious as to what results might have been obtained with it. Judging by the amount of time taken to build and dispatch lights Vinh is as busy as he's ever been, so I don't want to press him too much with questions. I'll wait for the smoke to settle his end and email him later. [emoji3]

lumentia

Enlightened
I still think direct drive, single mode might work?? Dunno if 3x18650 has the right voltage. Seems I read somewhere Vinh is using 16 volts to drive xhp35 in the gladiatorvn, so maybe that's the key to getting the most out of this led??