Living the good life :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
Summer is almost here, and so is outdoor cooking/grilling.
Last night I made breaded grilled chicken on the grill.
I filletted some boneless breasts, rinsed them and patted them dry, then gave them a light coating of olive oil. I then coated them with a sprinkling of seasoned bread crumbs, and another light coating of olive oil. I cooked them 80% on the unbreaded side, and later flipped them for another 5 minutes.

They came out really well.

1714574104480.png

The broccoli and corn got boiled in the same pot.
Also rice was made.

1714574182113.png
1714574203462.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Poppy hope jersey don't get as hot as it does here in summer there are days I walk outside shake head walk right back inside lol

iacchus

Enlightened
We're slowly entering summer here in the swamp. Soon, going outside will feel like swimming in warm saliva. And that's not nearly as pleasant as it sounds.

I don't grill as much when it's like that, but I might get one or two more before it's bad enough to keep me inside.

Looking good there @Poppy

Well earned beauty, Chauncey. Just gorgeous.
Thank you. 😁
Maybe the name isn't just a sly reference to Sellers' finest film,
Nope! Not a sly reference. The film is exactly from whence it came. Sometimes I'm brilliant. Other times, I don't have a clue. :yellowlaugh:

and you've got a big ol' green thumb after all.
The Beautiful Wife and I worked a lot. Both of us having two consecutive days off together was a rarity. We'd borrow my dad's truck and head to the local nursery when it did occur. Planning and executing gardening projects was our stay vacation.

100_1344.JPG

100_2670.JPG

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. 😁

Nope! Not a sly reference. The film is exactly from whence it came. Sometimes I'm brilliant. Other times, I don't have a clue. :yellowlaugh:

The Beautiful Wife and I worked a lot. Both of us having two consecutive days off together was a rarity. We'd borrow my dad's truck and head to the local nursery when it did occur. Planning and executing gardening projects was our stay vacation.

Wow, Chance, thanks for sharing. As we would say here down under, 'good on ya, mate'. My respects.

Wow, Chance, thanks for sharing. As we would say here down under, 'good on ya, mate'. My respects.
Thanks much, Fuzzywizzies. I always wanted a mate from Down Under. 😁

Here's a before picture of the adjacent garden -
100_3528.jpg

During the process of trying to determine the final layout -
100_3533.jpg

The sour puss look on my face was probably due to me not knowing what I was doing and how I would finish the layout.

The result -
100_3542.jpg

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Thanks much, Fuzzywizzies. I always wanted a mate from Down Under. 😁

Here's a before picture of the adjacent garden -

The sour puss look on my face was probably due to me not knowing what I was doing and how I would finish the layout.

The result -

The obligatory:
IMG_5667.jpeg

Cheers to a great spot and a job well done. :cool:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
As I age and I reflect on my life I think for me I should be more grateful for tge small things in my life.. such as my cpf family etc etc. Btw a course cpf is a huge plus . So even I should be grateful of a sunset or a meal etc etc

bykfixer

Flashaholic
As I age and I reflect on my life I think for me I should be more grateful for tge small things in my life.. such as my cpf family etc etc. Btw a course cpf is a huge plus . So even I should be grateful of a sunset or a meal etc etc
Sounds like you have turned a corner in the ever elusive inner peace journey.
Well done.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
View attachment 61616
I know that feeling all too well.

Wanted to redo the entrance a couple years back, which consisted of a rusted and badly welded cast-iron staircase.
While working on a wooden staircase, I decided I wanted to tear up all the grass and greenery that was growing up through the steps, and add a weed mat and some stone tiles.

So far, so good...except it took 2 days longer than expected to remove everything, because our dirt is filled with stones of various sizes (living half-way up a mountain). And the ~20 Kg of stone-free dirt I had aquired turned out to be insufficient. And this realization was of course on a Sunday afternoon, and I had to choose between either make do with what I had, or postpone everything for another day to get more dirt.
...And risk falling off the step ladder that served as a temporary method of entry when rushing out the door to work the next day.

Not wanting to risk that, I made do. The result was not the perfection I had planned for, but it was nice. At least the single season the coat of paint lasted on the new staircase, because the wood wasn't dry enough yet.

Oh well, at least the staircase is more solid than the old cast-iron one. Made the whole thing out of 2"x 4", with a complete overkill 4"x4" custom railing with a 1.5" guard bar. The steps are at least solid enough. Didn't consider that first time I carried my 50 Kg barbell for ourdoor exercise, but they didn't even creak under a ~155 Kg combined load.

Adding a collage of the before and after, and an image of the staircase before I had finished the hand rail (and before the paint was mostly gone).

Attachments

• Collage 2.jpg
    Collage 2.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4516_.jpg
    IMG_4516_.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 22
The result was not the perfection I had planned for, but it was nice.
I formally desired perfection but, alas, not the ability to attain it. I realized perfectionism was a roadblock to good mental health and kept me from completing projects. I often remind myself that only God does perfect work and that men should merely strive for excellence.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
I realized perfectionism was a roadblock to good mental health and kept me from completing projects.
As someone who was struggling earlier in life, it took me a good, long while - and some help - to come to that realization.
I wish my brain knew years ago, especially when it comes to home projects, that "good enough" is precisely that. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Perfectionism isn't just a roadblock to completing projects, it's a roadblock to even start on one. Which is why I often do smaller projects now, just to keep proving to myself that nothing has to be perfect.
Smaller projects, or to simply replace a bookshelf my dad put up of leftover materials, because it gave me splinters...twice.

A bit more on topic, as a computer nerd, I wasn't happy with my old desk back in 2020. So after a period of planning, I rolled up my sleeves, queued the music, and set to work. And after 2 weeks, this is where I am living my good life, when I am not at work. ❤️

Attachments

• 4-IMG_0331_.jpg
    4-IMG_0331_.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 13
  • 3-IMG_0094_.jpg
    3-IMG_0094_.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 2-IMG_0290_.jpg
    2-IMG_0290_.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 1-IMG_0291_.jpg
    1-IMG_0291_.jpg