SRT3 or SRT7

koolranch

Newly Enlightened
I want to take advantage of going gears sale and I'm looking to pick up one if these lights. Any suggestions as to which one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I added a SRT3 into my EDC rotation. The only saving grace for me if the pocket clip and the UI of the white light...I specify white because for me the red, blue & red/strobe are useless.
What are your plans for the new light? EDC, duty or just miscellaneous new light?

passive101

Enlightened
I ordered the SRT3 and SRT5. I currently have been EDC'ing thet SRT3 and the SRT5 is going to get carried only when I know i'll be going outside, in the winter with gloves on sometimes, hiking, camping, and nightstand use. Both will be used in conjunction with a handgun and I will train with both.

The light settings are awesome. The red and blue LED are both fantastic at their purpose. Red comes in handy with maps, low light moving around, etc without ever blinding me. If I need more light I easily and quickly switch to blue. The light moves brighter and dimmer smoothly. I really like the strobe function on this light. The flashing red and blue doesn't have a whole lot of regular use for me. I've thought of some ideas it could legally be used for defense styles and warnings. Though if I had to use them I'm probably not in a good situation. I'd rather have tools I don't need, but the red and blue built into this light is awesome.

koolranch

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the answers. I will use the light for edc, general use around the house and walking. I really want a light with infinite control and uses the the xml-L2. While the red and blue lights are more of a novelty, it's still kind of cool.

koolranch

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered the SRT3. Can't wait, it's my first light with an infinitely adjustable ring.

rednek

Newly Enlightened
I have a SRT-7 and while it is a little large for EDC I still like to have it close by. The colors are a bit of a novelty there not really bright enough for much more than a few feet of visibility except on the darkest of nights. The variable light output control is by far the lights greatest selling point and in my opinion this light has one of the best that I have seen.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered the SRT3. Can't wait, it's my first light with an infinitely adjustable ring.

You will probably want the SRT7 next month. I have one and it is an excellent mid sized light.
The RGB function is too dim and has too many artifacts in the beam. The XM-L2 is great.

koolranch

Newly Enlightened
Ok here is a quick overview. The light is great, it is very bright. I like the flashing modes and was hoping for brighter red and blue strobe. It is really just a novelty for us light junkies. My only complaint is the order of the output sequence. It would be better to start at low, then ramp up to max, followed by the flashing modes. I now have my eye on the SRT6.