Streamlight SL-35 switch

K5Guy

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if the pre-1986 Streamlight SL-35 slide switch be upgraded to the newer SL-35X pushbutton style?

Thanks

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I am not certain, I'd say "No". I am using a pre1986 SL-20 and have noticed that the new switches appear quite different. Additionally, several retailers sell the old switch and the new one individually.

dano may know for sure.

K5Guy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the relpies. I emailed Streamlight customer service a few moments ago :) I also inquired about the old style charger, will post up when they reply.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Except for the batetry stick and bulb, I don't think anything else is compatable b/w the old 35 and the 35X...

--dan

Newly Enlightened
The newer style is about 1/4" longer and !/4" wider than the older slide style.

K5Guy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. I got an email back from Streamlight CS and they confirmed that the old style slide switch cannot be replaced with the new style and the chargers are different as well. To me that makes the old style SL-35 a little less desirable. Plus the old style charger seems hard to find. I think I will keep looking for a good SL-35X and pass on the old SL-35.

I really want one with no battery so I can put in a nimh replacement pack. It should have a nice long runtime with the 9500 mAH nimh cells :)

askimball

Newly Enlightened
Could you machine out a larger slot for the SL-35X......From what I could tell that would be possible..:thinking: