Streamlight TL3 is pretty awesome

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The incan TL-3 had so much potential. I feel like a little more QC would have put it on a pedestal. The larger than average reflector for the light size was really nice as well.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Absolutely. As I say it's very close to output and throw as my M4. The M4 is brighter with longer reach but not by much. It shocked me when I compared the two.

Stream

Enlightened
Absolutely. As I say it's very close to output and throw as my M4. The M4 is brighter with longer reach but not by much. It shocked me when I compared the two.

The TL-3 with the stock xenon bulb is supposed to be about 200 lumens, so the M4 should be twice as bright.

Stream

Enlightened
I've also tried a Tad Customs 7212 bulb and works just fine. I even run a Tad 3718 bulb in my Scorpion, but limit it due to plastic lens.

I happily ran my Scorpion with a TL-3 bulb and two RCR123s until I remembered that the lens is plastic LOL. Luckily it survived, and it was only slightly warped. This is why I wish I had a TL-2 with a glass lens, but they are so rare these days and I can't possibly justify paying $80 to $150 for one of the few that sometimes pop up on eBay. I guess I'll try to get a Strion bulb for the Scorpion, while also seeing if it's possible to get my hands on a 17670 battery -- difficult these days since li-ion batteries can't be shipped via airmail anymore.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The TL-3 with the stock xenon bulb is supposed to be about 200 lumens, so the M4 should be twice as bright.

It aint. Trust me. Side by side the M4 is brighter but it's not that much of a difference.I know it's crazy but that's what I'm seeing.

Stream

Enlightened
Does it have the stock bulb? Also, twice as bright usually won't look twice as bright to the naked eye.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes stock bulb in the TL3. 400 lumen in the M4. Yes double the output will not look twice as bright I get that what I'm saying is there's just not enough difference to really matter. The M4 is a great light more then likely much better quality etc but honestly I was a little disappointed that it didn't blow my TL3 away.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

Latest posts