suggestions for a single aaa flashlight that can handle Li-Ion rechargeables?

cpool222

Newly Enlightened
I enjoy my Fenix E05, but if I'm reading the information correctly, I can't use Li-Ion rechargeables in it? Is that correct? Well, for my birthday yesterday I was given a Nitecore i4 battery charger, and was hoping to get some rechargeable Li-Ion batteries to charge in it, and assumed I could use them in my Fenix... well, you know what they say about "assuming" :rolleyes: So... hoping some of you guys can give me suggestions about single cell AAA flashlights that can use rechargeable Li-Ion batteries, and hopefully which rechargeable Li-Ion batteries I should buy to use in such flashlights. Hoping for some help. Thanks!!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
MatchBoxInstruments HF, but it is not idiot proof. I love mine (daily carry). It also takes a 10250(?) battery with a different body. He is great to work with, and should be offering more lights in the coming months. Oveready has stocked Peak and MBI before, and illumn has had the MBI HF as well.

CandlePowerForums App

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just using a quick phrase to say that if you leave it on highest mode and you are not outside on a very, very cold night, the emitter will burn out. Maybe even the cold, cold night would not save it if you left it on a long time (maybe with the 10440 battery?). Also, the user needs to be mindful of the battery state of charge. Because the light is capable of being so bright, it uses a good amount of power on high, and will fairly quickly deplete these smaller high-discharge batteries. If you take the battery too low, it could render it useless. If you try to charge a battery that has been fatally depleted, there may be negative consequences of a dangerous kind. A working knowledge of lithium-ion chemistry is necessary, and accessible here on the forum, but should not discourage anyone of sound mind. Just don't give the light to someone who's brain is not fully developed (most teenagers). The lower settings are plenty bright for using it on common tasks but it is nice to have that blast. The stock head of the HF is floody, which is to say it is not a tight beam spot light. I like the switch design over so many of the other AAA twisty designs. The progenitor of this light is clearly deserving of admiration and has brought much excitement to CandlePowerForums, among a few others. But he, Nitroz, and The Oveready Team are by far, favorites of mine. Other CPF members have a wider experience and would include others I am sure.

CandlePowerForums App