• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Suggestions - Oveready / TorchLAB

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

Is a pocket clip available for the slim tubes (or maybe one in the near future)?

Our recommended clip solution is the Triad tailcap with clip. Even with slim bodies, it provides a stout, easy solution. Still, I'll ask Tom about possible DB cap/clip options.

brunt_sp

Enlightened
Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

I'd like the tailcap shrouds for E1/E2 to be available in black ALTin.

brunt_sp

Enlightened

Another new product suggestion is for a DB cell tube extension the same length as a SF A14 extender so when combined with a TL65 and zerorez shorty enables the use of 2 X 18650 in a package only slightly longer than a TL100. Alternatively a TL115 would do the same job. These suggestions have been prompted by what Kestrel has just achieved with a SF 7Z.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A suggestion for a new part.

The Delrin battery capsules are great for carrying backup cells for lights with the same configuration. But that solution doesn't help when you want to carry different size cells in a different set up. Like an 18350 as an EDC and a 2x18650 as a backup cell. Then I just need the cap. Something similar to the Peak Eiger body caps.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Delrin battery capsules are great for carrying backup cells for lights with the same configuration. But that solution doesn't help when you want to carry different size cells in a different set up. Like an 18350 as an EDC and a 2x18650 as a backup cell. Then I just need the cap. Something similar to the Peak Eiger body caps.

Okay, well I can get you halfway there.
A perfect cap to fit over the threads and o-ring on the head end of the TL body is the plastic cap that covers the top of the 16.4 ounce propane camping gas canisters that are sold at many department stores. The Worthington brand has white caps, and the Coleman brand has black caps. They push-fit right over the threads on the head end of a TL like it was made for it. Won't accidentally come off. You have to pull them off.

So, if you carry the extra body with a tailcap already mounted on it, and the batteries inside, this propane canister cap will cover the head end.

brunt_sp

Enlightened

Another suggestion for a new product is a Zerorez Z41 Upgrade that screws into the head like the shorty version. It would be much easier to install/remove. I appreciate the momentary feature will be lost but I don't think that would be too much of an issue.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Dan, I'm new to your forum here and to your lights and parts. I sent you a PM over at USN but that was before I knew you had a thread like this here so sorry for the redundancy. I just purchased a host from you guys and I love it. More to come for me for sure. I was wondering if you would ever consider doing a run of the delrin tailcaps for the metal lights but with the ability to tailstand?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

doing a run of the delrin tailcaps for the metal lights but with the ability to tailstand?

Welcome. It's now possible to make Triads out of delrin, but with all the features and facets, they would cost as much as aluminum.

It may be more practical to essentially combine the slim delrin cap we have now, with the shape of the delrin shroud, which has no facets, reducing production time. I'll do some checking!

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome. It's now possible to make Triads out of delrin, but with all the features and facets, they would cost as much as aluminum.

It may be more practical to essentially combine the slim delrin cap we have now, with the shape of the delrin shroud, which has no facets, reducing production time. I'll do some checking!

Cool. I was actually thinking along the lines of keeping it a "slim" profile altogether. Similar to how Malkoff does the MD host tail caps. I think that style would be pretty sweet with your Diamondback pattern in derlin and able to tail stand. Probably just add a few dollars to your current derlin Diamondback tail cap but with the added ability to tail stand. At any rate I really appreciate your opening up a suggestion forum like this for us and your feedback. Cheers.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool. I was actually thinking along the lines of keeping it a "slim" profile altogether. Similar to how Malkoff does the MD host tail caps. I think that style would be pretty sweet with your Diamondback pattern in derlin and able to tail stand. Probably just add a few dollars to your current derlin Diamondback tail cap but with the added ability to tail stand. At any rate I really appreciate your opening up a suggestion forum like this for us and your feedback. Cheers.

I like this idea for the McClicky switch tails.
I also like the existing flat tail for the ZRS use.
I think both have their place.

aspirina750

Newly Enlightened

Hi, I just installed the modified McClicky for the E series is there any chance of a medpress modified one?

I just find momentary too shallow so something a bit harder to press should help a bit.

Cheers

Last edited:

Studey

Newly Enlightened

Hi, I just installed the modified McClicky for the E series is there any chance of a medpress modified one?

I just find momentary too shallow so something a bit harder to press should help a bit.

Cheers
This is the only thing holding me back from getting 3-5 switches for our E-series lights.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Its easy enough to change out the boot. But a suitable replacement does not already exist. Everything we have already is either to short (not improving the feel) or to narrow (not sealing the tailcap).

Sorry, we'll continue producing these switches, but we would need massive demand to justify the creating of a mold to do this right.

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about a cr2 to cr123 battery spacer+sleeve like one you have already for AA? This can allow cr2 batteries to be run in e series lights or even 18mm hosts with additional 16350 to 18350 sleeves :). Of course with enough demands.

Just a thought.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

How about a cr2 to cr123 battery spacer+sleeve like one you have already for AA? This can allow cr2 batteries to be run in e series lights or even 18mm hosts with additional 16350 to 18350 sleeves :). Of course with enough demands.

Its technically possible, but yeah, difficult to find enough demand for the minimum production run.

Another new product suggestion is for a DB cell tube extension the same length as a SF A14 extender so when combined with a TL65 and zerorez shorty enables the use of 2 X 18650 in a package only slightly longer than a TL100. Alternatively a TL115 would do the same job. These suggestions have been prompted by what Kestrel has just achieved with a SF 7Z.

We've studied this possibility. The biggest hurtle is the batteries themselves. Even among protected Panasonic's of a single capacity, 20 shops produce 20 lengths. Length variations are doubled by a second battery and the ZRS has zero ability to extend for shorter cells or expand for longer ones. The drop in or head would require a massive spring to provide enough range to handle even a majority of cells.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Just a thought.

Its technically possible, but yeah, difficult to find enough demand for the minimum production run....

I had one of these custom-made for me by a machinist, but CR2 cells aren't very popular :eek:

More expensive, smaller capacity, less readily available ... :shrug:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Its technically possible, but yeah, difficult to find enough demand for the minimum production run.

I had one of these custom-made for me by a machinist, but CR2 cells aren't very popular :eek:

More expensive, smaller capacity, less readily available ... :shrug:

Of course I understand. I know that in the past (such as Aleph e series CR2 body), and also recently, there has been 'some' demands for e-series CR2 hosts. Perhaps the demand at a given moment in time may not be great, but the requests seem to come up once in a while.

It was just a thought. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

archimedes

Flashaholic

... I hope my response wasn't seen as critical, BTW, since CR2 torches are among my favorites ...

I was pleased to see someone else asking for CR2's for a change, actually - ;)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

From the standpoint of production and demand, the key bit is value. Putting a CR2 inside a larger light (ala sleeve adapter) has only the value of 'using up' cells you may already have. The true value of a CR2 setup is small size: a dude will buy a CR2 body and cells if it means getting a crazy small light.

archimedes

Flashaholic

From the standpoint of production and demand, the key bit is value. Putting a CR2 inside a larger light (ala sleeve adapter) has only the value of 'using up' cells you may already have. The true value of a CR2 setup is small size: a dude will buy a CR2 body and cells if it means getting a crazy small light.

Agreed, I use mine in a "battery drainer" torch to get every last bit of "value" out of those very expensive little batteries ... :devil:

Last edited: