Suit pants, click, thin dual mode

Sproles

Newly Enlightened
OK - I have the "tactical/clip-on" lights abounding in my collection. I have a 4Sevens Preon with a click attachment, but the thing get slicked ALL THE TIME and i reach into my pants to a dead battery.

What I need:
thin
clicky
dual mode (low/high)
battery is not a factor (although thin probably does not mean a monster battery)
length is less an issue, but it needs to ride in a suit pants pocket every day.

HELP?!

I am replacing the o-light S10 ti and the 4Sevens Preon Ti with clicky...

Charles L.

Enlightened
More than 2 modes, but how about an L3 Illuminations L10C? The clicky is protected from accidental activation, and you can get it with the Nichia 219A emitter.

dss_777

Enlightened
I know what you mean about the Preon. If I were carrying the Preon 2, I'd give the head a slight twist to lock out the clicky switch.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Eagletac d25A. Not two modes but very slim and small with firm switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Didn't Eagletac recently come out with a AAA light? If so, might that be better?

EDIT... ooops Sorry it is a twisty, but looks really nice.

Last edited:

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
I like my Peak Eiger with the tail cap push button option, though it is a momentary on only. It's variable output depending on how hard you push the button. It's small enough for my suit pants pocket

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't mention budget. I carry a Tain AAA in my pocket everyday. Tighten for off. Loosen to low and keep loosening to high. Never turns on by mistake. Beautiful knurling and a trit. Runs on an Eneloop for a long time.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
DQG AAA Clicky is a nice little 2-mode reverse clicky that I think would work.

The switch is recessed in the tailcap, so it should be pretty well protected from momentary activation, although maybe hard to press for big fingers or gloves.

It's really tiny, especially for a clicky. There's an extension available so you can choose between 1xAAA and 2xAAA, which I think would be nice; sometimes I prefer something a bit longer for pocket carry so that it doesn't ride sideways in the bottom of pocket.

Dagnabbit, I just bought one. Well I needed another light obviously.