Super Barbo Diving Light for Javier in Spain with 3xMC-E and 2xIMR26500

wquiles

Flashaholic
Thanks for the explanation! though you did explain what you did in the beging posts...I must of missed it.

What are you doing here? Endmill with a lathe?

(snip pic)

Since there is a small hole through the head, I would normally use a boring bar to bore out the surface I needed to seat the stars. However, the boring bar I had was too large for the hole, so I used that center cutting mill to start a 1/2" wide hole, which the boring bar would then had no problem in expanding. I owe that trick to Brian ( Mirage_Man )

Last edited:

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
W-O-W.

I have no words, Will.

By the way, I'll send you some parts for you to make more things... For example our new P7/MCE reflectors get 135% higher readings on spot and 35% better "overall" We will talk by phone this week.

Stay tunned. I'm sure Will is going to make the best LED thrower in the world really soon.

Javier

Illum

Flashaholic
:wow: :kewlpics: :thanks:

but geezez.. next time post a warning sign on the pics..Firefox hanged like explorers going to crash and I'm here panicking and trying to figure out what was the issue.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Thank you guys - it was a fun project to do :D

:wow: :kewlpics: :thanks:

but geezez.. next time post a warning sign on the pics..Firefox hanged like explorers going to crash and I'm here panicking and trying to figure out what was the issue.
Sorry about that mate. I tried it on Mozilla Firefox (Ubuntu Linux) and on IE 6.0 (Windows XP) without problems, so I was not expecting browser problems :ohgeez:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Will... not bright enough.
:nana:

Just kidding.

I love reading through your build threads. :twothumbs & :bow: for some excellent work!

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful build:faint:

That would light up Norwegian winter waters brilliantly:D

KingSmono

Enlightened
Wow, amazing work! And thanks for taking the time to take all of the pics and document the whole process step-by-step. I'm sure if you didn't have to worry about doing that, you could've finished the project in half the time! So THANKS!! :bow:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incredible job Will! I think you work as hard on your documentation as you do your build.

+1 on seeing it at the GTG. Hope he is kind enough to let others have a gander. Of course I wouldn't blame him if he asked to have it immediately.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Thank you guys :eek:

+1 on seeing it at the GTG. Hope he is kind enough to let others have a gander. Of course I wouldn't blame him if he asked to have it immediately.

I actually was able to talk to Javier in real time today - very nice guy indeed. It is great to finally put a voice behind the name.

Javier of course wants the light, but he is letting us "play" with it a little bit before sending it to him in Spain, so I will bring it along to the get-together in June 6th. I will them promptly package it and sent it to Javier the following Monday ;)

Will

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys :eek:

I actually was able to talk to Javier in real time today - very nice guy indeed. It is great to finally put a voice behind the name.

Javier of course wants the light, but he is letting us "play" with it a little bit before sending it to him in Spain, so I will bring it along to the get-together in June 6th. I will them promptly package it and sent it to Javier the following Monday ;)

Will
:party: Thank you Javier!