Surefire’s 2010 New Lights Discussion

ganled

Newly Enlightened
It's all about end user experience. A lot of lights are made or broken about the intangible "feel" of using them. That's what I am shooting for in my reviews.

I suspect that the quest for a perfect "feel" and function would lead manufacturers to "Duke Nukem" syndrome. Hence some great products never come out or take forever.

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY UA2 OPTIMUS !!!!
optimushead.jpg

signal 13

Enlightened
I'll be happy just to see the release of the M3L... I'm not holding my breath... In the meantime I'm sending one of my Z46s to Nailbender soon for a little LED mod for use w/ my new SF M500

I absolutely love their line of products, but not-so-Sure-fire is really killing me with all these concepts that never come to fruition :thumbsdow

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to quote John Matthews in an article in "US Business Journal":

USBR asked: "Are new products in the works?"

John Matthews: "...At this point in time, we have more than 100 products we'd like to develop, and more than half are receiving the engineering and development time they need..."

Take it for what it's worth to you.

However, the product catalog shows nothing more than some things that are exciting, but not yet ready for production. Maybe things that are barely off the drawing board.

I hope they focus more time elsewhere. Maybe they will get into the gun business :) I need a SF 1911 :devil:

houtex

Enlightened
Credit to woodsmonkey.com for the pics
That AA body has me wondering about all the legos in the future.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think hell has frozen over.

A 2xAA flashlight from Surefire under the Surefire name?

*Checks calendar*....OK, it's January, not April.