Surefire’s 2010 New Lights Discussion

Size15's

Flashaholic
I thought of that first Al, looking at the ones on the web-site, but once I saw the ones in the catalog with KX2/KX2C heads on them, that's what lead me to believe there was an e-to-c/dedicated foreend-to-e adapter...maybe some one will get one soon so we can get a closer look??? If not an outright adater, at least we can build a hand heald using an A21/A19 combo of sorts...the should attach to the MH90/U2/Kroma as well, in theory, right???
I'm wondering whether SureFire used a KX2C-etched bezel and it's internals with a different 'rear-end'?
I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of the LM1's and LM2's rear-end's rear end soon enough.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm wondering whether SureFire used a KX2C-etched bezel and it's internals with a different 'rear-end'?
I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of the LM1's and LM2's rear-end's rear end soon enough.
Both the LM1 and the LM2 are single-piece Lamp Modules.
During development it made sense to use the KX1A and KX2C bezels with the necessary adapters but for production both the LM1 and the LM2 screw directly into the housing bodies with the LM2 being able to host the 2nd SF123A it needs.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did not Optik49 promised us a beamshot before sending the unit back to SF? Is it still possible Optik49?

Optik49

Enlightened
Ok this is my first time doing this so go easy.

IMG_3862.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

IMG_3865.jpg

Control shot.
(I think the distance to the bush is approximately 40-50 feet)
IMG_3857.jpg

Surefire A2Z on low flood
IMG_3859.jpg

Surefire A2Z on High
IMG_3860.jpg

Control Shot
IMG_3868.jpg

Malkoff M60 (I will try to get a shot of the M60 on low that light is at work)
IMG_3869.jpg

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am starting to think that the AZ2 is slowly loosing it's popularity amongst CPFers. :shrug:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the LM1 and the LM2 are single-piece Lamp Modules.
During development it made sense to use the KX1A and KX2C bezels with the necessary adapters but for production both the LM1 and the LM2 screw directly into the housing bodies with the LM2 being able to host the 2nd SF123A it needs.

Man...well, I hope with the older adapters we're still able to use them other than there original purpose...so, its an LED head with a male end machined in it (ala U2/Kroma)? So I could put it on an A21 or MH-90, and it would have that "big body/small head" appearance of an M6 w/ a Z46. I should be able to screm the 2-cell one into a U2/Kroma body...that might look kinda sweet. Thanks for getting that info, Al.

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
I am starting to think that the AZ2 is slowly loosing it's popularity amongst CPFers. :shrug:

Yeah, that WAS the light I was looking forward to. Lets hope they do an update/refresh REAL soon to a neutral (not p60L blue) SSC p4 or maybe a CREE. Those beamshots don't look like 150 OTF lumens.

This light is becoming a mystery.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that WAS the light I was looking forward to. Lets hope they do an update/refresh REAL soon to a neutral (not p60L blue) SSC p4 or maybe a CREE. Those beamshots don't look like 150 OTF lumens.

This light is becoming a mystery.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but I agree it doesn't look like 150 but more like my E1B, if that. Optik49 thanks for the pics are you using the supplied Surefire battery's I'm sure you've checked using other battery's but just had to ask.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Man...well, I hope with the older adapters we're still able to use them other than there original purpose...so, its an LED head with a male end machined in it (ala U2/Kroma)?
Yes - the LM1 and LM2 are Lamp Modules.

So I could put it on an A21 or MH-90, and it would have that "big body/small head" appearance of an M6 w/ a Z46.
Yep, like other Lamp Modules the LM1 and LM2 will screw into the A21 Universal Housing Body and other dedicated forend Housing Bodies.

I should be able to screm the 2-cell one into a U2/Kroma body...that might look kinda sweet. Thanks for getting that info, Al.
The 'questions' then become - can the LM1 accept two SF123As, and the LM2 accept three SF123As?
Because if you put the LM1 or the LM2 on the MH90, or the U2 body they have one more SF123A then they are intended for.
I'm seeking confirmation whether doing this will harm these new modules...

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 'questions' then become - can the LM1 accept two SF123As, and the LM2 accept three SF123As?
Because if you put the LM1 or the LM2 on the MH90, or the U2 body they have one more SF123A then they are intended for.
I'm seeking confirmation whether doing this will harm these new modules...

A dummy cell could always be used in place to allow for proper voltage.:)