Surefire Arc-2 HID

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
I called surefire today to order couple parts for this light, I wanted a extra bulb, extra vehicle charger and a home charger but they said they absolutely don't have any parts available for this model.... so I asked them what happens if anything goes wrong with this light? and they said they will replace it with the udr dominator and have 1000 credit.... so my question is: is this light rebuildable? like change out the bulb, rebuild the battery pack etc? I just want some future-proofability. well I hope nothing is impossible.

Edit: Bulb: Confirmed with Surefire tech manager that the spare bulb can be ordered :):thumbsup:
Charger: it can be easily made with Weipu connectors (surefire uses this brand waterproof connector
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called surefire today to order couple parts for this light, I wanted a extra bulb, extra vehicle charger and a home charger but they said they absolutely don't have any parts available for this model.... so I asked them what happens if anything goes wrong with this light? and they said they will replace it with the udr dominator and have 1000 credit.... so my question is: is this light rebuildable? like change out the bulb, rebuild the battery pack etc? I just want some future-proofability. well I hope nothing is impossible.
Very sorry to hear of your dilemma. Sell it to Bulbmogul he needs it for spare parts, he also had said he wanted 2 units, now we know why. It was more than his need of matching bookends.
I might be able to help you with a bulb, if you can show me what its base looks like. I have been able to provide replacement bulbs for the Polarion HID units.
Someone out there can probably help you rebuild the battery pack in the future, when or if ever needed.

Last edited:

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
Very sorry to hear of your dilemma. Sell it to Bulbmogul he needs it for spare parts, he also had said he wanted 2 units, now we know why. It was more than his need of matching bookends.
I might be able to help you with a bulb, if you can show me what its base looks like. I have been able to provide replacement bulbs for the Polarion HID units.
Someone out there can probably help you rebuild the battery pack in the future, when or if ever needed.

Thanks very much for your input, I really dont want to sell this light and I can still return it to the seller with no problem. I really love this light, but the sad part is that the manufacture wont support this product anymore and that's whats bothering me. I should just think that anything that is assembled can be disassembled to change or fix the parts that are broken or worned off. atleast thinking that would bother me less and be worth to keep the light.
:eek: and for the spare bulb, I never disassembled the light yet so i dont know how the base looks like but the manual has a pic which is :
lpeNq2j.jpg

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
That picture is much too small to identify anything of that bulb, can you offer a much larger and good resolution photo ?

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
of course ill take a better picture today and post up. thanks again!

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
That diagram looks like something proprietary, which they never did before. They always used an "off the shelf" bulb in their Hellfighters.
Can you take a photo through the front lens of the light so we can at least see the glass portion of the bulb and its return wire.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Why are you assuming I buy other peoples used items..? I already own 2 of these brand new and really no interest in USED PARTS or Lights....You seem to hijack every single thread for your advantage to pitch your stuff..

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
ill try to take some pics with dslr with macro lens soon

Looks like the bulb and reflector are integrated into one unit, making for a very expensive and more difficult bulb replacement, likely $600 to $1000 to replace, if they still had any replacement parts. Based on their response, it doesn't bode well for you in the future.
This really sucks for you because the resale value just plummeted, based on the response you got from Surefire. No support on this light of any kind. So much for a "serial production" product.

IlluminatedOne

Newly Enlightened
I do wonder if you would be better of sending it back the the seller if you have the option too and getting a XeVison XV-LX70 or XV-LX50 which in my opinion seems a better light all round.

Looking at a few of the specs of the lights:
Arc2
4500lumens
1600m Throw Distance
5.8pounds weight
3ft water resistance
$2538

XV-LX70:
5300/7500lumens dual power 50w/70w
1900/2300m Throw Distance
4.8lbs weight
164ft water resistance
$2587

I think you get a lot more for your money with the LX70, has a Phillips DL50 bulb so down the road will be easier to swap out a new bulb and i am sure replacement battery packs wont be $1300 either :).
Not so important but I also think it looks way better too just far more pleasing to look at imo, but i could never stand the way the surefire UDR dominator and there arc series lights looks too much like a hellfighter with a battery stuck on the back or a toilet plunger haha.
Although quite liked the SF Beast kinda looked like a mace :).

I do think also since PK left SF, things have never been quite the same, IIRC PK designed the Beast i seem to remember seeing a pic with them on his desk, maybe thats why i liked it seemed a more pleasing design.

I do hope you get it sorted out though sounds like annoying situation to be in tbh and welcome to the forum :).

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I do wonder if you would be better of sending it back the the seller if you have the option too and getting a XeVison XV-LX70 or XV-LX50 which in my opinion seems a better light all round.

Looking at a few of the specs of the lights:
Arc2
4500lumens
1600m Throw Distance
5.8pounds weight
3ft water resistance
$2538

XV-LX70:
5300/7500lumens dual power 50w/70w
1900/2300m Throw Distance
4.8lbs weight
164ft water resistance
$2587

I think you get a lot more for your money with the LX70, has a Phillips DL50 bulb so down the road will be easier to swap out a new bulb and i am sure replacement battery packs wont be $1300 either :).
Not so important but I also think it looks way better too just far more pleasing to look at imo, but i could never stand the way the surefire UDR dominator and there arc series lights looks too much like a hellfighter with a battery stuck on the back or a toilet plunger haha.
Although quite liked the SF Beast kinda looked like a mace :).

I do think also since PK left SF, things have never been quite the same, IIRC PK designed the Beast i seem to remember seeing a pic with them on his desk, maybe thats why i liked it seemed a more pleasing design.

I do hope you get it sorted out though sounds like annoying situation to be in tbh and welcome to the forum :).

I am quite happy and pleased with both my 2 Surefire Arc28C's as well as my new Hellfighter5...:)

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit of a stormy end but, all is not lost. Seems to be a good light with some obvious attributes and, despite the apparent reluctance of Surefire to provide support on what apparently was/is a discontinued proto, it works well. I'd not keep one (or TWO!) on the bookshelf, I'd use 'em...unless the two may have consecutive numbers, adding to their future collectable value--if maintained in pristine condition!

You may wish to give those batteries a run every so often though. I too seems to have difficulty in keeping my batteries charged unless I'm conducting frequent "show and tell" demonstrations to my fellow CPF brethren. Cheers!

Karl

bulbmogul

Enlightened

This is the charging unit that was required to be purchased EXTRA from Surefire when I bought the Arc2-8C HID

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened

This is the charging unit that was required to be purchased EXTRA from Surefire when I bought the Arc2-8C HID

Nice video bulb, can you use the light while charging with the charger you purchased separately from surefire?
Thank you.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Nice video bulb, can you use the light while charging with the charger you purchased separately from surefire?
Thank you.

Yes the Arc2-8C as well as the Hellfighter5 both can be used while on this charger that I purchased separately..Not sure how practical that would be but it can be done as I did try it one day while messing around with the light..