• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Surefire DARPA DEF 2

retiredtim

Newly Enlightened
I was about to list this on Ebay until I realized it would cost about $200 if it sells for what I would like. Ebay doesn't need my money. Here I have my old DEF 2 issued to me in Iraq while on a deployment. I was a CH-47 helicopter test pilot and quality control officer and used this for many preflight and post flight inspections. It has been to Afghanistan as well. Probably has about 500 hours of combat flight time. Ok, now you know the story behind it. This has obvious nicks and scratches as I used it for what I was supposed to use it for. It works flawlessly. I wrapped a small piece of reflective tape on in case I lost it in the dark. This light has provided illumination on several parts of this earth and 10,000 feet above it and can now be yours. I would like $1000. If that is crazy, sorry. Find another one. Things have happened around here (tornado) and I plan on using this money for a good cause, otherwise I would just keep it. I am having problems uploading all of the pics. I will try to update this ad with my phone
20211215_102842.jpg

Attachments

• light2.jpeg
    light2.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 158
  • light6.jpeg
    light6.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 20211215_102742.jpg
    20211215_102742.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
500 hours of flight time too?! That's WILD! What a background, cooler than one NIB in my opinion.

That turbohead is nuts! Wish I could especially for a good cause, cheers, GLWS, and may the future owner love this thing!

retiredtim

Newly Enlightened
Still have it. I have been advised to list it on Ebay, but have not leaned that direction because they take too much from sellers in my opinion. Like Paypal.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't give up hope that one of our classic Surefire Darpa collectors on here will want to buy it. It's a classic Surefire, field used too! Best of luck with sale.