SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say that while I still love my E-series models, I can't avoid to perceive them as a bit dim. This may be a bit double-edged because 80lm is of course the same today and is as useful as it was earlier. But the fast LED development has indeed given me a new reference compared to earlier.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say that while I still love my E-series models, I can't avoid to perceive them as a bit dim. This may be a bit double-edged because 80lm is of course the same today and is as useful as it was earlier. But the fast LED development has indeed given me a new reference compared to earlier.
It sounds like you need an LED tower module if you haven't tried one and have an incan version. Another option is to send it to Tana for an upgrade if it is an LED version.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Malkoff MDC heads are compatible with the SF E series bodies or check out the offerings from LumensFactory.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Malkoff MDC heads are compatible with the SF E series bodies or check out the offerings from LumensFactory.
Yep, good point. VME heads too so you can run many different dropins like mine here...
QbVF7xb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it's power you're looking for, you should look for OR copper triple E head, or Boss E-series...to give you some serious output :rock:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for replies!
One thing worth to think about is that Surefire 10 years ago didn't care about the lumen race and for example Outdoorsmans already at that time had much less output than chinese competition like Fenix.
That's one reason I actually liked Surefire(winning lumen race was not a goal). I think not today either, even if they are pushing their lights a bit too hard for the capacity of CR123s.
Malkoff devices is one of my favorite brands and I actually have a lot of items, including a Scout head. I know there are several ways to upgrade Surefires but I really think standard is at least estetically the nicest. And the first Outdoorsman LEDs have the nicest design, in my opinion.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the first Outdoorsman LEDs have the nicest design, in my opinion.

Are you referring to the original finned KL1 head or the first KL1 that they put on the E1L and E2L Outdoorsman lights?

I actually like both, but I do prefer the first iteration of the KL1 with the vented fins.

BigDak19

Newly Enlightened
This is only the second time I've sign into CPF as a user rather than lurking but I saw this E-Series addict thread and had to join. I've been collecting Single-Cell E-series and I was wondering what other black bodies I am missing besides the E1B-MV. I like the older natural-ano Outdoorsman E1e but they're a little bit out of my collectors price range. So far (oldest to newest model) I have: 110 lumen E1B Backup, 200 lumen EB1 Backup, E1D Defender and an EDCL1-T. Please let me know what I'm missing!
open

Also, if I'm breaking any rules please tell me!
hZBFCpf

Last edited:

Bogie

Enlightened
It's a nice floody beam very useful for closer task. If you ever had a KL4 it very similar profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDak19

Newly Enlightened
That's what I'm interested in. I used to love high lumen and candela but now I'm more interested in a practical beam for EDC. In respect to Surefire, the price for a new E1B-MV, it's a no brainer that I need to add it to my collection.

akula88

Enlightened
You need to have --
- older E1 in plain BK-HA (gloss)
- E1e-BK (HA BK) one of the holier-grail finish for E1e

... and since you have the EDCL-1T and EB-1T/C on the series...
it might not be ackward to another holier-grail and their grandfather -- the L1-BK.

Happy Hunting and Good Luck :)

Last edited:

BigDak19

Newly Enlightened
You need to have --
- older E1 in plain BK-HA (gloss)
- E1e-BK (HA BK) one of the holier-grail finish for E1e

... and since you have the EDCL-1T and EB-1T/C on the series...
it might not be ackward to another holier-grail and their grandfather -- the L1-BK.

Happy Hunting and Good Luck :)

I know time is probably limited but if I bought a $250 light that is 10+ years old, my wife might kill me. I love the old E1e lights though. Our baby is due any day so maybe I can get away with it after she's here and settled! Might be time to start selling off some of my knife collection to fund my flashlight addiction.

akula88

Enlightened
Yeah... family should come first.

I had some regrets on selling some of my collection. But I had to move on and focus on what I my 'practical reality' in terms of having a practical collection.

DgUqd8A.jpg

top-to-bottom: Aleph3 on E2e; Aleph1 on L1-BK (gutted) body; L1 head on Aleph-123 body

Last edited: