Surefire Hellfighter 4 on auction

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did anyone happen to catch the Hellfighter 4 that came up on auction from one of the popular sites?

When I last checked if was at $350 or so. I forgot to follow the item and can't find what it closed at.

What would be a good price for a Hellfighter 4 in what appeared to be very good condition?

Thanks.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow!! It sold for only $610! I would have been all over that had I seen it.

Thanks for providing the auction price.

I've purchased a few of the Hellfighter lights before, but never seen a Hellfighter 4 being sold.

So I guess getting to the second part of the question, how much of a premium is the HF4 worth over the original version? There aren't many of them around so do you think there is a market for a $600+ Hellfighter 4 light?

Thanks again.

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
Like you said, I haven't seen many HF4 lights around for sale. I think I saw one on the same auction site a while back for multiple thousand dollars. I'm not sure if there is even any improvements between a standard HF and one of the HF4 lights. I think they both have 3,000 lumen output.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you AR shorty.

ShortArc has a small section on the Hellfighter light where the HF4 is mentioned as having greater throw than the HF original. If you notice, the body is a couple of inches longer on the HF4, so I'm wondering if that means a deeper reflector/TIR lens to get greater throw. If both use the DS1 tube, there can't be may other options for the additional throw.

I'm going to see if I can get some contact info for the seller (found the posting) and possibly the purchaser to see if they may be interested in selling for a mark up. It's worth a try anyway.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE:
I made contact with the seller of the Hellfighter 4 and he passed on my number to the purchaser. We came to an agreement on price, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and I'm awaiting a Surefire Hellfighter 4 in the next couple of days.

Also contacted Surefire on the cost and availability for the internal battery and was informed that Surefire is replacing them at no cost. How's that for customer service? Things are looking brighter on all fronts!

While waiting for the light, I've searched CPF for any threads on the HF4 and it appears the only poster has been ShortArc. ShortArc's last activity was 2 years ago.

Do any of you HID/short arc fanatics know what happened to ShortArc? I have a few questions for him if possible.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
AR Shorty,

I guess it's going to be time for me to start thinning the herd. With the receipt of this HF4, this will be my fourth Hellfighter. I'm still keeping my eyes open for an original "Hellfire" engraved version, but I want a shelf queen not a battle tested unit.

I might be listing a Hellfighter or two for sale in the future if you are interested.

If I don't sell them, I think I'll build a couple of the MAC handles and sell them off that way.

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
I have an original "Hellfire" marked version. Its not mint, but its in pretty good shape. I snagged it for a good price. I also have one of the pre HF4 versions marked "Hellfighter".

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I followed it, had the bid screen filled out, but got cold feet. I really couldn't justify it if I were to win. I really need to sell off a few lights before I invest in something that will have limited use for me. Still a cool light I would love to own. :)