Surefire Hellfighter (picture intensive)

ShortArc

Enlightened
BTW - I have a Hell Fighter with the SF cig lighter connector, etc...and it has the option to hook up TWO batteries as well.

So, I've been using it with the 12 v set-up, but, the directions indicate it will also be able to use 24 v.

Does anyone one know if the HF would be brighter with 24 v than it would be on 12 v, or is it just able to use both equally, etc?

There so many versions of the HF out there right now that input voltage may allow for in series hookup HOWEVER the dual battery set-up typically is in parallel, so 24V may be pushing it a bit.
The ballast regulates the power to the bulb so input voltage as no effect on lumens.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Sounds right. The theory was the ballast was going to be the key regulatory point, so, I am no longer wondering.

:D

Solescud and I will be playing with these on Saturday.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds right. The theory was the ballast was going to be the key regulatory point, so, I am no longer wondering.

Solescud and I will be playing with these on Saturday.

Yep. Got it all packed up and ready to shine. Im gonna try and borrow Scout24's battery pack too.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys. Can anyone tell me, does the full supply current flow through any wire used to link pins A and C or are they just switch sense ?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Is it possible to disable the hellfighter (temporary), that a connected cable can not activate the light?

There is an on/off button on the light itself. If that's off, the light can be receiving power via a live cable feed, and not light until you hit the button.

If you also add the SF connector cable with secondary activation button (Trigger button), you can have the light button off, and that on, and it won't light, or, the light button on, and the trigger button off, and it won't light. (BOTH would have to be ON for it to light.)

Is that helpful?

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
My seller suck all the power from the internal battery, that it wouldn't turn on until the external source is plugged in.

Will that work?

What capacity does the internal battery have? Is it possible to use the light only with the internal battery?

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
That is weird. I know, that the Hellfire 4 has a internal battery ... but the seller said, that the HF1A also has a battery.

Where is the on/off button locate? I will give the information to the seller.

Last edited:

tweeter166

Newly Enlightened
There is an on/off button on the light itself. If that's off, the light can be receiving power via a live cable feed, and not light until you hit the button.

If you also add the SF connector cable with secondary activation button (Trigger button), you can have the light button off, and that on, and it won't light, or, the light button on, and the trigger button off, and it won't light. (BOTH would have to be ON for it to light.)

Is that helpful?

The HF is an awsome light.. i scored one a few years ago.. I still need a battery pack if anyone heres has perfected this and wants to build me one PM me.. I need a pack with the cig plug or dubble battery connector to use with the factory cable on the 50cal set up then the same pack and simple cable to use when i want to use the light as a hand held.. Whos up for the tack?

This "secondary activation button" is a handel on a M2HB spade grip.. It replaces the stock handel and gives you an on/off switch at the trigger when you have the light weapon mounted on the 50 cal browning..
I would attach a picture of this set up on my 50 but this board wont let me post pictures yet..

Ceya!

Newly Enlightened
No internal Battery. The battery below are the same for the PRC 119 radios

There is a guy in the Marketplace that made better cables for this light. ( Duh, he is on this thread- ABTOMAT)

Don't know if he is still making them _ NOPE NOT MAKING NO MORE.

Tweeter read the previous page, good info.

S/F,
CEYA!

From Surefire site.