Surefire Hellfighter (picture intensive)

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Today I have built the second cable for the other HF.

I want to add a switch to the light.
I have a broken pressure switch from my M600C. But it has only one wire inside. Could I install it anyway?

Now I'm thinking about how to use these's lights another way.
Does anyone have ever heard about a mounted HF on a car top?

Last edited:

LightJunk

Enlightened
My Hellfighter portable solution. Thanks to this thread I manage to come out with the best I can do.

The hardest part in building it is the attachment for the HF to the aluminum box. I don't have equipment to manufacture one. After scouring the internet I looked at Surefire website and found the M99A T-rail mount which will be perfect. 2 M8 screws secure it nicely. I also want to know the voltage of the LiPo pack so I got a cheapo voltmeter from e**y at $2.88. In order for it not to constantly display the voltage, I installed a momentary push button switch. Pushed to display type.

I'm really happy with the built. Pictures below.

DIYBox_zps10ea4628.jpg

HF-1_zps14d7f7ce.jpg

With the help of my daughter.

HF-2_zps14cd0f6d.jpg

I also made a 12V Cigarette cable adapter. I joined two 2ft coiled cord together as I thought(as per the supplier website) a 2ft one will extend up to 10ft but you really need to stretch it. I don't want to spoil my car cigarette
outlet. Thus less strain on cable and also car 12v cigarette outlet.

Cigarreteadapter_zps59001f01.jpg

LJ :) lovecpf

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 2x Lipo with hardcase. That should be enough protection.
I completed the cable and could take the first pictures.
It was raining very badly ... but I just had to get these pictures :)

Oh ... and when my lights are not used, the best security you can get (for cat food) to protect them:

66yt.jpg

I have a similar guardkitten looking after my Maxabeam !

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
I have a similar guardkitten looking after my Maxabeam !

Looks like Ex-Special Forces to me. Very good choice!

I can carry both HFs in my sling bag with all the batteries and cables.
Hellfire-Partey!!

Now I have to add switches to my lights.
It needs two wire, right? Do I have to connect a wire to a specific pole?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I have to add switches to my lights.
It needs two wire, right? Do I have to connect a wire to a specific pole?

There is a specific way of hooking it up, I'm sure I remember reading that for a power cable, a set of pins need shorting, as they are used for the remote switch when the light is mounted on an M2.

There should be a clicky switch on the handle, to turn the light on and off, if you are using a plain power cable.

I don't now the pinouts though, sorry - but I am sure the info is out there (probably in this thread)

jackal319

Newly Enlightened
Could someone please tell me the type of battery case(BCH-1 MIL-BK) Amphenol 5-pin outlet socket of hellfighter?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm sorry to go but I'm out of the HF family. Had some expenses that needing covering and I wasn't using it much anyway. Hopefully the new owner will take my place in this thread.

BVH

Flashaholic
A pic would help of the pins in the shell

EDIT: Got the pic from first post. Not sure exactly what you're asking for but I've linked to the mating connector for the 5-pin Amphenol on the light. If the connector diameter is about 7/8" (not counting the 3 cam alignment pins) then it is an Amphenol number - PT06A-14-5S

ww.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Amphenol-Industrial/PT06A-14-5S/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv%2fye0hRulZR2eMGvp4m767okcxK%252bItb1c%3d

If the mating connector to the light is not what you're looking for, explain in more detail or post a pic and state the circular diameter of the connector (where the threads would be if it was threaded)

Last edited:

jackal319

Newly Enlightened
I mean what's the model of amphenol miniature cylindrical connectors on battery bch-1mil-bk

Eric the Red

Newly Enlightened
Just laid my hands on one of these and wanted to express my thanks for the time and effort you've put in to provide such an informative thread. It's helped me no end.

I have made myself an easily extendable cable so I can use it in short form of a Li+ pack, or in a longer format from/around a vehicle. Still getting to understand the capabilities of this awesome piece of kit!

hagatha

Newly Enlightened
Surefire Hellfighter power requirements...

Greetings to all,

My first post... I recently acquired a Surefire Hellfighter. The light is in prefect condition, but the cable is trashed.
Since I will want to use this light dismounted, I'm wondering if the batteries used in high end Remote Control cars would
work? I'm thinking that 12v is common and if a few were packaged together you could make it somewhat portable.
I saw another thread where they did this but with a "A123 pack"... not sure what that is...

Thanks
hagatha

Thread Mege - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people and my friend Scout24 got his working with a 14.4 lipoly rechargeable battery pack. Just gotta be careful handling lipoly batteries.

Surefire Hellfighter power requirements...

Greetings to all,

My first post... I recently acquired a Surefire Hellfighter. The light is in prefect condition, but the cable is trashed.
Since I will want to use this light dismounted, I'm wondering if the batteries used in high end Remote Control cars would
work? I'm thinking that 12v is common and if a few were packaged together you could make it somewhat portable.
I saw another thread where they did this but with a "A123 pack"... not sure what that is...

Thanks
hagatha

Thread Mege - Norm

hagatha

Newly Enlightened
Power cell for a Hell Fighter?

Greetings all,

I have aquired a Surefire Hellfighter with cable. I'm looking to make a portable power source. I've read a threads about using Lithium cells. I have access to a supply of 20v Dewalt tool batteries. Could these be re-purposed for this? I also have a couple Litho batteries for a remote control car too.

Could someone point me too someplace that explains this process in a little more detail...

Thanks
hagatha

Another thread Merge - Norm

Last edited by a moderator: