Surefire Hellfighter (picture intensive)

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found an alternate power supply for my HF. The Mac Handle is awesome but crushes the battery terminals if I leave it attached for too long. I bought a GoalZero Sherpa50 from my work on clearance $112.50. I used a $60 rewards voucher and so I only paid $52.50 + tax and additional 1yr warranty.

The Sherpa50 can power 12v items. So i just plugged my HF 12v cable into the Sherpa50. Gonna test it and see how long it can run on the Sherpa50.

hf_she10.jpg

Damn! Heck of a deal on the Sherpa!

Goldy

Newly Enlightened
I found an alternate power supply for my HF. The Mac Handle is awesome but crushes the battery terminals if I leave it attached for too long. I bought a GoalZero Sherpa50 from my work on clearance $112.50. I used a $60 rewards voucher and so I only paid $52.50 + tax and additional 1yr warranty.

The Sherpa50 can power 12v items. So i just plugged my HF 12v cable into the Sherpa50. Gonna test it and see how long it can run on the Sherpa50.

hf_she10.jpg

what I need to connect 12V car plug from HF to this power pack? It looks like this power pack didn't have socket for car plug.
I have this cable and wondering if I can use this power pack too... please inform
hellfirecarplug.jpg

:thanks:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always wanted a Hellfighter but price is way out of my reach.

What's a good price for a used one, perhaps like new, fully working condition?

There are a couple in ebay around 500... any idea?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of months back you could find sub five hundred dollar Hellfighters, but recently they have dried up.
The going rate today is the 7-800 dollar range, but if they don't sell watch for a price drop.

I picked up a new complete kit, light, case, mount, cable and a battery for less than the mentioned prices.

If you find a light with a BIN price of $500 or less, you'd better jump on it.
Just my opinion.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup and even at that. The sub 500 I saw were used. Looked like they saw action.

If you see a new one between 5-600 jump on it.

BVH

Flashaholic
Quite a few units on Ebay presently. I used "hellfighter". One as low as 625 and looks to be in pretty good condition. Lots of cables and other items.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone, will keep an eye on it, If I could find a new one at that price, would be fantastic. Please feel free to PM me if any good deal shows up!

I had in mind building a Lipoly battery pack using 20C Constant, 5000mAh in 4S2P configuration, all encased in a aluminium project box with volt/amp/runtime display (hobby type), and possible 12v outlet to power other stuff as well. The ARC-2/3 are also not far from release, but the hellfighter is a totally different beast.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spoke with the seller for a LIKE NEW HF 2nd Gen, ebay item #121381506334. It was at 650 with several rejected offers. After a quick chat we closed the deal for 500. I cannot wait for it to arrive :naughty:

The light looks new at first glance with no scratches and comes with the amber lens and a custom made 12V power cable. I also requested picture of the reflector to make sure there werent any fog/blur, he said it was fine with no signs of fogginess.

I hope to recieve it in like new conditions as stated.

Believe it or not, It will be my FIRST SF. I might grab one of the upcoming models.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll love the beam of the Hellfighter. Pure bright white light. Takes all of 3-5 seconds to reach full brightness.

The normally supplied IR filter isn't of much good to most people, so getting an amber filter is a good deal.

I use mine for freezing deer and skunks in their place. Once the light hits the skunk, they stop for a few seconds and go back where they came from. I'd love to do away with them, but they have a tendency to let go of the stink spray on dying.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Hellfighter is finally here!

It took a while to reach my country but it was worth all the wait. When the eBay seller told me he would include a 12V power cable, I expected a custom made cable like those on sale for about $60. I did not expect the original SF one, this is a great surprise!!!! I believe the cable itself is worth a couple hundred. It has a really heavy and solid feel, my unit is practically NEW with no wear at all at the docking base and the switch. There is not a single scratch or sign of fogginess in both the clear lens and amber filter.

The throw is amazing with a beautiful and smooth beam, it actually has 2 hotspots, never noticed it in the pictures. The overal lumen output may not be as high as my other multi-LED lights, but who needs that much lumens when you got throw, right?

Overall I'm really really impressed with the Hellfighter. I still cannot believe that I paid just a little fraction of the retail price. Would I consider buying the HF5 at full price? Probably not, but at least now I can see why it costs that much.

IMG_6492_zpsa22c9428.jpg

IMG_6494_zps2bf99b4e.jpg

IMG_6495_zps6a07e61d.jpg

IMG_6498_zps2e4c68c8.jpg

Reflector, lens and filter close up.

IMG_6500_zps5cafcc9b.jpg

Some size comparison..

IMG_6490_zps6c96ba01.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the help!!

This is my first SF, although I've been watching their products very closely for the last couple years, nothing really caught my attention. When the E2D Defender Ultra was released I was about to order one but the green tint issue was a no go for me. I will wait for the so called "new products" to launch, Having a SF collection was always my dream since the day I met CPF.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
That appears to be the gun mount switch. The cable allows for using the light mounted on-off switch or the gun mount switch. It (the Hellfighter/Hellfire) was designed for use on the M2 50 caliber BMG or the mini-gun. The grip switch mounts to the fire control paddles.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was up north camping on a moonless night. I pulled out my hellfighter. It was an undescribable amount of fun.
Then I had a friend wave it around while I watched from a distance..... I was awestruck. It throws..... Forever. It was so cool to see.

I wish that everyone gets a chance to play with one.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish that everyone gets a chance to play with one.

I can't wait to put mine to test, but I live in the city and can hardly find any good spots without light pollution. There are plenty of good deals in ebay, the price could vary a lot but there is a good chance of getting new ones for less than a couple years ago. The hellfighter is a must have for true flashaholics.

Already ordered the Rail mount to make my own battery pack.
surm99a.jpg