Surefire LX2 Lumamax Replacement

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an LX2 and an EDCL1T, not 2T.

As far as build quality goes, they are the same. I like the 1T better because it is a lot shorter and easier to carry and just uses 1 cell. Going from 200 to 500 lumens is quite a good upgrade, in my opinion. I don't really need 1200 for my edc tasks.

Psypha

Newly Enlightened
I have an extra lx2. Practically brand new. Never been carried. Have original box and everything. Pm if interested.

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
I have an LX2 and an EDCL1T, not 2T.

As far as build quality goes, they are the same. I like the 1T better because it is a lot shorter and easier to carry and just uses 1 cell. Going from 200 to 500 lumens is quite a good upgrade, in my opinion. I don't really need 1200 for my edc tasks.
Thanks! What sold me on the LX2 was the build quality so I wouldn't want to go with a light that has a lesser build quality. I would assume the 1T and 2T have the same build quality. I will look into the 1T as well since 1200 lumens might be too much for my use.

Lumen83

Enlightened
Thanks! What sold me on the LX2 was the build quality so I wouldn't want to go with a light that has a lesser build quality. I would assume the 1T and 2T have the same build quality. I will look into the 1T as well since 1200 lumens might be too much for my use.

I was playing around with the 1T and LX2 the other night comparing the two. Let me know if you are curious about the differences. They're both great lights. I would pick the 1T for EDC, but the LX2 for speciffic use cases like camping.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had the 1T and LX2, although I've sold both. The 1T was obviously better for EDC, but there was something about the LX2 that made me really like it. I even kept multiples of it as spares just in case. The build quality should be the same between the two, but they definitely have different "feels" to them.

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
I was playing around with the 1T and LX2 the other night comparing the two. Let me know if you are curious about the differences. They're both great lights. I would pick the 1T for EDC, but the LX2 for speciffic use cases like camping.
Please, I'm interested in the differences between the LX2 and 1T. Thanks!

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
I've had the 1T and LX2, although I've sold both. The 1T was obviously better for EDC, but there was something about the LX2 that made me really like it. I even kept multiples of it as spares just in case. The build quality should be the same between the two, but they definitely have different "feels" to them.
Thanks, I might pick up a 1T just to try since it seems to be pretty popular within this thread.

WDR65

Enlightened

The build quality on the EDCL's are similar to the old Surefire's but the switch is not quite the same as on the older ones. L1, A2, A2L and LX2. I can understand hanging on the LX2's. One big difference that dislike in all of the new models is the extra length. The L4 is my favorite of all the Surefire body styles and the LX2 was a close second. They go in pockets better and while not as small as the older incandescent models they were close at least.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh dang it guys! Allready posted WTB for -2 and now i'm having second thoughts about getting -1. I have LX2 and love it just because dual stage switch. Now it's under modding proces, emmiter swap only and different resistor in tailcap. I prefer a bit higher low output and 219B will give even higher high output and a bit bigger hotspot.
But to get new EDCL is a must as the only successor of E series.
That's the reason tailcap cannot be swapped from A,L flashlights.
Can someone post picture of LX2 and -1 next to each other for size commparison?

BioMelodic

Newly Enlightened
You might also want to consider the new E2T-MV.... it's closer in size to the LX2 than the EDCL and does not have the "gas-pedal" switch.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might also want to consider the new E2T-MV.... it's closer in size to the LX2 than the EDCL and does not have the "gas-pedal" switch.

The thing is i love gas pedal since L series...
I was thinking about E2T but when i found out it doesn't have this option i deceided to stick with -2T.

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'll check it out! Can you explain the "gas-pedal" switch? I just want to make sure I understand what you're referring to.

tokaji

Newly Enlightened
But keep in mind, that the LX2 and the E2T-MV has a very-very-very-very different beam shape. The LX2 has a narrow beam, the E2T-MV has a broooooad beam.

"Gas pedal switch" = slightly press it gives you the lower output, fully press it gives you the high output. (in case of a dual output light) The LX2 has a gas pedal switch.

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
But keep in mind, that the LX2 and the E2T-MV has a very-very-very-very different beam shape. The LX2 has a narrow beam, the E2T-MV has a broooooad beam.

"Gas pedal switch" = slightly press it gives you the lower output, fully press it gives you the high output. (in case of a dual output light) The LX2 has a gas pedal switch.
Thanks, that's about what I was thinking.