Surefire M3

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see those dropins. My M3 has been lonely sitting in it's box while my C3 got all the attention.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
M3 is awesome
I love it but i couldnt afford it, now i use a 9z and imagine that i carry a M3
And you can even put D36 LED inside by opening up the bezel
M3's size is compact enough to be put into jeans or military trousers with deep pocket, while being a non-lethal self defense weapon and combat light
The engravings are elegant too

jimbo@stn23

Newly Enlightened
This thread made me take my L6 to work last night...might take the M3 tonight, for giggles...

Thanks to AOW and you guys, I managed to find a NIB L6 a number of months back. Had it out for a walk with one of my girls last night and that is one sexy light with a fantastic beam shape. One of my favorites for sure. :)

We seem to have very similar tastes in flashlights AOW.

predator86

Newly Enlightened
I had a L6 and sold it a few years ago. No with new malkoff out for the M3 I'm gonna have to pick one up myself.

S1LVA

Enlightened
We are getting snow in Rhode Island today. I might have to throw the MN11 back in the M3.

Incan + snow = awesome.

S1LVA

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are getting snow in Rhode Island today. I might have to throw the MN11 back in the M3.

Incan + snow = awesome.

S1LVA

Yeah...you can shelve your snow blower and rake the beam of your M3 up and down the drive-way a few times..."poof", snow-gone.

This thread is so awesome, I had to bust out the camera...it got me all "M3 Giddy"...so, here's some eye-candy...

Here's a pic of one of my fav generations, with the "hefty" M2-Style ribbed bezel.
HPIM1930.jpg

And my favorite Gen, Gen-1 (seen on the right)
HPIM1909.jpg

HPIM1882.jpg

Here's some beam shot's with stock Surefire parts (the "Sweet Dreams" sign is up there for any would be intruders to read before...well)

MN10:
P1010008-2.jpg

KL6 (Lux-V; Notice the warmer than usual tint...yeah, we had warm LED's back then, we were just too picky for out-put to care)
P1010007-5.jpg

KL2 (19-LED Head for the M3, Circa 1998???)
P1010003-6.jpg

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Lux V is awesome, much warmer and brighter than any Lux V I've seen, I usually just remember all mine being a puke green tint with a dim donut in the middle and about zero throw.

I love those Laser Products M3's, so cool looking and they seem to throw a little bit better than the newer models. I really prefer that olive type III (HA) finish that Surefire used to do compared to the current gray color. And after all these years, the KL2 sucks more than ever! LoL I know LED's were in their infancy then, but I've had a few of them and just never understood why Surefire even bothered to make them.

Makes a great upgrade host though.

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just added my fourth M3 to my collection. This is the older style with 3 rings on the bezel. This one I'll keep bone stock and use primaries.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup:Just picked up my first M3, I'm excited.

Awesome Lumens Maxuimus! It is a sweet light to behold

@ hotwire, you can never have enoguht of these lights...and they ate one of the few incans SF's I'm not worried about running with primaries...Just using the M3 with an incan lamp is worth it.

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
Awesome Lumens Maxuimus! It is a sweet light to behold.

It sure is...the 225 lamp is quite impressive, I was lighting up the back yard and some of the neighbors houses in the area, very cool torch. I'm am destined for a Malkoff MD10 just in case I need a longer running back up...I also see Lighthounds HO-M3, anyone have any experience with one of those drop-ins?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a LF EO-M3 in one of my M3 flashlights. It is rated at 380 lumens, and is bright. I use 2 17500 AW batteries on that one. LF also makes a HO-M3 rated at 320 lumens. They are both considered 9v bulbs.

Brigadier

Enlightened
I'm am destined for a Malkoff MD10 just in case I need a longer running back up...

Or, since Malkoff's are so hard to come by, get yourself a second M3 head, and a bezel wrench[don't know if they are available new. Got mine off the MP], and then have Nailbender build you a D36 drop in with the LED config of your choosing. I had him build 2 for me - both with XPG LED's, one in 3000k, one in 4000k. Nice alternative for battery life. Of course, I still prefer the MN10 to LED's.

But my favorite M3 is still my 18mm bored body running a pair of IMR18500's pushing an MN11. Whoa Nelly!!!

Lodogg2221

Newly Enlightened
I love mine. Wish Id have gotten one sooner! Oddly enough, my fully charged (using Silverfoxs battery pack) 9AN Commander (my second Surefire incan, and its awesome too for an old fogey) is close to the perceived output and throw of the E0M3...of course I havent put new primaries in it in a while, so maybe thats it....it still throws a ton though.
Its a very light green ano though...got a newer style head for it, mine is the older 3 ring head, and its MUCH darker.
Thought of modding that head, as Id like to try an LED in it, but after reading all through this thread, I think Ill either get a Malkoff, TX4, or (if I read it right) wait for Surefire to release its LED head...please tell me I read that right!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine. Wish Id have gotten one sooner! Oddly enough, my fully charged (using Silverfoxs battery pack) 9AN Commander (my second Surefire incan, and its awesome too for an old fogey) is close to the perceived output and throw of the E0M3...of course I havent put new primaries in it in a while, so maybe thats it....it still throws a ton though.
Its a very light green ano though...got a newer style head for it, mine is the older 3 ring head, and its MUCH darker.
Thought of modding that head, as Id like to try an LED in it, but after reading all through this thread, I think Ill either get a Malkoff, TX4, or (if I read it right) wait for Surefire to release its LED head...please tell me I read that right!

Yes...Surefire is coming out with a NEWER replacement LED head for the M3. They've actually had one...make that two...for awhile now: The KL6 and the 19-Led KL2. The KL2's are almost non existent now, and the KL6's, well, people that have them don't want to get rid of the them. It may be awhile before the new M3 Led head is individually available for purchase though. Check the MP for a KL6 or post a WTB.

My KL2 is mint, and is being saved as a museum piece or the ZPAW (or just a extended power outage, where it's ability to fire up on nearly dead cells makes it valuable).