SureFire to Announce New Lights at SHOT Show 2019

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read the description on Surefire site. Pretty much is an automated way of getting the lumens.
But how would I know what is what ? I can find out but I would have to spend $220 to buy the light.
Can you clue us in how many lumens at what distance ? Etc ? I would need to test it first and see how it works.
Totally guessing the further the target is the more lumens.
What if I am in the woods ? What if i am in the garage ? What if i am in the attic ? What if i am hunting ? What if....how does it work in a multitude of scenarios ?
I really need to try it before i commit to spending $220

Last edited:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a sensor in the reflector that captures the backscattered light. So if you shine on something very close, it will pick up a lot of light being reflected back and it will throttle down the output. And if you shine something far off then no light will reflect back and it will have maximum output. You can always override it with two clicks to go full output.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the Intellibeam, basically, it always looks bright. If you want low mode, this is not the light for that. It's better to think of it as a single mode light that dims almost imperceptibly at really close distances (think less than 10ft).

akula88

Enlightened
Probably because the body has to be larger to fit an 18mm cell(with proper wall thickness) making it a bit fuggly with the regular E-sized tailcap. Not so bad on a Scout light but, the whole point of E-Series flashlights is giving you a smaller slimmer light then their larger C&M bretheren. The Fury DFT is the light if you want Duel Fuel.

Has anyone tried to test -- if the new M600DFT head could/would fit on the handheld P2X/Fury/Fury DFT body?

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
I'd love a single AA pocket edc light. Something like the single cr123 outdoorsman in size.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Meanwhile, I updated an old incandescent Z2 Combat Light and a 6P with an EDC+ Plus drop-in (560 lumens, estimated 18,000 candela) and am digging both of them. The 6P also got a new Z58 tailcap I had laying around. Got to love these classic Surefires!

z2-1.jpg

6p-1.jpg

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love a single AA pocket edc light. Something like the single cr123 outdoorsman in size.

Try an E2e. One cell is almost too small to EDC or hold properly. And the one cell LED Outdoorsman was a bit top heavy for front pocket carry. E2e is the perfect size and balance.

scout24

Flashaholic
NH Lumens-That Z2 is a beauty!

I'd love to see an AA light this year also, I'd even like a re-issue of one or several of theit classic incandescents...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Lol nope! I want the good old classics brought back. My Z2's and C2 are my favorites.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to see an AA light this year also, I'd even like a re-issue of one or several of theit classic incandescents...
I was hoping for a long time for a E1L-AA but than the E2L-AA and all other outdoorsman lights were discontinued. That I knew there will be no updated 2xAA light nor a 1xAA light from Surefire :(

In 2019 I bought exactly 0 Surefire lights.... :shakehead I like their lights. But in 2019 there was noting that was interesting for me. And I do not think 2020 will be better.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the thing... in 2020 I'm still buying OLD Surefire
Me too but, there still are some nice new models. I am pretty happy with both my EDCL-1T & Tactician. Hopefully we see more lights like them(and old SF) and less like the Stiletto and other weird models.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
NH Lumens-That Z2 is a beauty!

Sure is eh...drool

I have always wanted one of those. Did they ever make it in Natural HAIII like the C2?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

cp2315

Enlightened
I like surefire in general. But the old lights are especially attractive to me.
Every time I see NIB 6P on Ebay, I feel like buying one more to stock.