Tell Us What Do You Use Your HeadLamp For?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Use my ZEBRALIGHT 18650 neutral white to light up a shelf displaying 'collectable items". it works great! I WAS carrying my Skilhunt H02C in a belt holster on my right side, Single hand operation and a bright path where I walked in darkness. Currently all I have from Skilhunt is "darkness in my wallet" as the light FAILED in 2 weeks.

falisco

Banned
I use it for running at night,

Hi guys my name is saif, I just launched a NEW LED Headlamp on amazon.
I'm giving away 20 free new headlamps in exchange for your honest unbiased review.
you might be charged for shipping if you're not an amazon prime member.

I'm doing this to spread the word about how good is our LED headlamps.
it's all handled by amazon so you know this is legit.
If you're interested in getting a new free headlamp valued at $19,99
message me and I'll send you the coupon code.

Thanks

let me know if you have any questions :)

the Kwan

Newly Enlightened
I use my headlamps for mine exploration also for exploring drains and culverts and stuff, I have a fair few now and prefer the ones that run on 18650 cells.

Boko

Newly Enlightened
Two weeks ago I used my Zebralight H31w to walk the first night section of the Long Distance Walkers Association 100-mile walk through Dorset. The Medium 1(43 lumens) setting was ideal for night navigation across country. There was about 6 hours of darkness, so plenty of battery life left for the second night. Unfortunately I didn't make it as far as the second night and had to retire after 83miles and 31 hours when my back went. If only the body was as strong as the Zebralight.

Ludeconduct

Newly Enlightened
I am a a mechanic so I use mine for lighting up my work without having a light falling all over the place.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was helping close family that is moving clear out the storage room packed with boxes- over 15 years worth- looking for stuff that's good to keep, so much easier with hands- free lighting.

It was over 80 degrees there- would that be a problem for an 18650 based light? I do have a bunch of Li-ion based lights and was also using my malkoff M61N, I am just nervous about having it on my forehead with no skin contact to draw heat away like a handheld light.

dirkomatic

Newly Enlightened
I use my Black Diamond Storm for caving. I use my Ozark Trail 150 for camping and car repair.

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
I use it for running at night,

Hi guys my name is saif, I just launched a NEW LED Headlamp on amazon.
I'm giving away 20 free new headlamps in exchange for your honest unbiased review.
you might be charged for shipping if you're not an amazon prime member.

I'm doing this to spread the word about how good is our LED headlamps.
it's all handled by amazon so you know this is legit.
If you're interested in getting a new free headlamp valued at $19,99
message me and I'll send you the coupon code.

Thanks

let me know if you have any questions :)

What brand is it?

Going_Supernova

Enlightened
Anytime that I need my hands free for work. Auto repairs, plumbing work, electrical work, walking and working outdoors in the dark in the winter time (shoveling snow, scraping windshields, etc.), and inside during power outages.

idkfa

Newly Enlightened
I originally purchased my Princeton Tec EOS II for use in explosive environments. I often do field work in refineries so I needed a Class 1 Div 1 light source. A few years later, some of the operating companies started getting particular about CSA approval (this had CE and UL) so if it wasn't stamped on the device you couldn't use it. I switched to a Pelican sabrelight (it's miles behind the EOS II, with a xenon bulb and C batteries) that is Class 1 Div 2 as there are very few flashlights that carry the CSA approval for Class 1 Div1 or Div 2. With Div 2 I just have to not bring it into certain areas.

The EOS II now sits in the toolbox in my car, loaded up with lithium batteries. I haven't had to use it for roadside problems but it is handy in case I forgot to bring my EDC light (or if we need more light).

cavtruper

Newly Enlightened
Every day at work
20160720_163448.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cyphre

Newly Enlightened
I have a very low profile LED Lenser headlamp that I seem to mostly use for travel. Whether reading at night, or even walking around places that don't have a lot of street lighting after dark (mostly Hawaii).

Although it has served me well on the few occasions that I was working on something small at my desk and needed a more intense, directed light.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
For years I wasn't too keen on saw backs on knives. What the heck are they good for anyways? So decided to give it a GO within the context of primitive firecraft practice. I did have issues making a Kydex sheath for a saw back. The saw back wouldn't allow for easy removal so I opened the sheath up and that allowed the knife to be removed at a slight angle. The lock in Chicago screw system isn't needed for retention but I like to have a strong lock feature to help mitigate the chance of lost gear. More so with PSK knives. I also like to use higher visibility materials with PSK kit hence the orange Kydex with reflective cordage.

Saw back knife use in primitive firecraft GO!

Burn-in done.

Cedar on weeping birch. I have failed at this combo before so wasn't optimistic. The saw back really dug in good. I wouldn't want to take down a 70 foot oak using a saw back but the V-groove is often a PITA and this was easy.

Going to widen it out a bit near the face of the fireboard.

And the set failed. Not sure why as it was smoking so well but wasn't surprised given my past with this combo. The dust was just wrong and it was not going to get better. But I know exactly what to do. Local Chaga will supercharge this set.

The saw back made talcum powder fine dust in seconds.

As is often the case the chaga dust got ignited by the bowdrill set however unlike the failed wood dust this stuff absolutely won't go out unless submersed under water or snuffed for an extended time. If you have a chunk of chaga odds are you will get a fire even without matches.

The ghost like illumination of the pure flood ZL H50 with ghostly CW tint.

The saw back really surprised me as to it's usefulness within primitive firecarft. I never considered this application and always scoffed at the feature.

My nearly 10 year old ZebraLight H50 also helped.

Thanks for looking.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Installing LED strip lights under kitchen cabinet. Tried using a handheld for about 3 seconds...couldn't get the light to go where I needed it to and work at the same time...nothing beats the hands free lighting.