Tell Us What Do You Use Your HeadLamp For?

davefr

Newly Enlightened
I do a lot of close up work with an Optivisor. There are a couple Optivisor lighting options but they're absolutely terrible. (ie based on ancient LED/incandescent technology).

The Zebralight (neutral/floody) on an Optivisor is a marriage made in heaven.

magnivisorzebra002.jpg

Last edited:

DIY Lumens

Newly Enlightened
My first headlamp was a Justrite that I bought back in the '80s for caving. I still have it, too. My latest is a Walmart cheapy that I bought a few days ago for about $7. It is advertised to run 4+ hours on high and 45 hours on low, using three AAA alkies. No idea if it will actually live up to that.
Nowadays I use them for camping and also going into the backyard at night for firewood.

Back in my caving days we tended to wear our caving helmets with headlamp attached for pretty much anything we did that required a light source.

ven

Flashaholic
Sorry for your loss Red

I have a mk1 CW zebra at home, general duty and sometimes out walking with the dog(others get dog walking duty as well)
YSGoTGsl.jpg

H2r for daily work uses, inspections and fixing stuff!, like that much i have a back up(H2r with clip gets stored in box). Also a NW zebra and NW skilhunt(pretty good value, got another for a little over $20.)
JDrLIonl.jpg

kyxiAD7l.jpg

4dQ5blEl.jpg

Pics show slightly beat H2r thats been replaced for new now(well does not look new anymore..............hard hat=more head bumps........which is usually the headlamp getting it)
TfAOg05l.jpg

Very easy to change battery on the hat, remove lamp/fit lamp. The Olight head band is excellent and took a beating so far. Have a back up anyway with the 2nd H2r(already had to send one to Olight from a drop, not fixable , so new one sent back pretty much same day). Total 3 days which is awesome........
Not got a more recent pic, but the top strap that goes over the head has been removed as no need for it. Have 4 clips to keep the side band in place from a mr fixer recommendation.
fnCJsOgl.jpg

IBB10JKl.jpg

Honestly dont know how i managed so long without, no looking back though. Makes my life so much easier without juggling or resting flashlights precariously .

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened
I use my Armytek Wizard Warm Light Headlamp for bbqing on the grill. I have a grill light which has a cool tint but it throws off the color of the meat. I also use it for my early morning runs so my dog and I can be easily spotted by traffic and we don't get ran over.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I have a house I've been using my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm for all sorts of stuff. I've installed deck lighting, installed backup sump pumps, vacuumed, cleaned out the attic, picked up leaves, painted, and done all sorts of other things with the light. :) It's definitely my favorite way to do things that need light.

Quoddy

Newly Enlightened
Since recently receiving a Fenix HL60 it's been my go to light for my dog walk between 9 and 10 at night. My McGizmo Mahi is getting a rest. Being deep in the country I usually go with either the 400 high or the amazingly bright 950 turbo. With two 3500mAh batteries I get quite a long usage, and charging is either by my ever present XStar VC4 charger or the USB on my desk.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just used my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm to check the air in my car tires and fill them up the other night.

patricio2626

Newly Enlightened
Used my headlamp to dig a grave for one of our older Kitty's. Sad duty but they earn a place on our land. Sonovabitch, I'll miss him!

Ugh, so sorry. I had to put my oldest kitty cat down two weeks ago. It's been rough.

patricio2626

Newly Enlightened
I guess my post in reply to the intent of the thread didn't go through.

I night hike on trails, and so I need a headlamp. I like long hikes; if I'm going to do it I'll do it right :) Autonomy is important to me for that reason, as I don't like the idea of having to use my low-power (~120lm) backup in somewhat remote TX or very remote OK. I also like the idea of 300+lm so that I can see all of the creepy eyes reflecting back at me from the treeline (and maybe keep them at bay.) The idea of battery changes doesn't appeal to me.

I've been using my Petzl NAO and have recently stepped up the hike lengths so I bought an NAO+. The battery life doesn't seem to be all they claim on the package (~6 hrs vs. 15 for reactive autonomy mode.) I have a case open with their techs and so we'll see what they say but I've also gone ahead and purchased an Acebeam H30. Now this one makes me kind of excited: 24 hrs @ 120lm, 7h 30m @ ~300lm, and 4000-lumen blasts for stopping anything with eyes in its tracks? Yes, please! It should arrive on Wed from Amazon.

LedTed

Enlightened
Used my NiteCore HC30 when reorganizing a dark storage cabinet. The little light easily tucked into a corner; allowing it to illuminate the dark recesses without getting in the way or having to be held.

ven

Flashaholic
Used my little ZL lamp to change both fog lights, although day time, extra light is needed for ease.
r2U67XXl.jpg

Up into the arch liner
LA7ysMHl.jpg

ie2SJ8Fl.jpg

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
Use my Olight H2R Nova for absolutely everything. It's my EDC that is used for everything from searching buildings at work to trips to the bathroom late at night. [emoji6].
It's become my fidget spinner flashlight!

LedTed

Enlightened
Today I used my NC HC30 to brighten a doorway while I applied masking tape in preparation for painting. As I needed both hands, I was sure glad to have its good quality headband. I still think buying that little light is something I will never regret.

Rwilliam

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday in my garage to fine a lost item, Last nite to move the sprinkler, today to change water filter in the dark corner of my basement. Lights out. Decided my nu32 is not bright enough in the yard, so I ordered hc65. Thx CPF!

Last edited: