Test/review of Xtar PB2 Charger & power bank

editor

Newly Enlightened
Re: Xtar PB2 Charger & power bank

Thank you so much for this exhausting review! This charger was my candidate to buy next but here I learned the way I'd use is not appropriate for this device as charger. I use 18650 flashlights and always carry spare battery. I thought this could serve as occasional charger and occasional powerbank. What I learned is better to use dedicated industrial batteries without protection PCB while I prefer protected batteries for my lights. I was also considerint this device as UPS for my Raspberry, but I learned it cant. Still I like the form factor of the device.

Rickajho

Newly Enlightened
The issue of the PB2 being unable to charge low current draw devices made this a non-starter for me. I rarely need to charge my phone when out and about but things like blue tooth headphones? That's another matter. I'm far more likely to need to recharge a BT device with their typically short run times so I would need to carry both the PB2 and a different power bank as well for BT. No thanks. Why Xtar made this design decision baffles me. :confused:

Rick

HKJ

Flashaholic
They fixed it in the PB2S. The added a "Low power mode" that will not turn off at low current draw (It can deliver the same current as normal mode).

Latest posts