The 2014 Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List

Status
Not open for further replies.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The 2014 Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast Your Vote!

#3# Sunwayman : D40A : D40Avn PDTn mod w/Olight M22 diffuser accessory

bobstay

Newly Enlightened

#1# Zebralight : SC600 MkII L2
#2# Fire Foxes : FF4

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened

#1# Fenix : PD35VN : PDT Neutral
#2# Fenix : TK75VN : Killer Throw
#3# Nitecore : TM26
#4# Zebralight : H600 MK II L2 : Floody Neutral
#5# Fenix : BT20

booky

Newly Enlightened

I'll throw my vote in.

#1# Maglite : 2D : LED

It's a simple, dependable, inexpensive American made light. A light every household should have at least one of ready to go for any situation.

Last edited:

BC FLASHLIGHT

Newly Enlightened

I'm new to this addiction.. I've reviewed hundreds of You Tube reviews, flashlight web sites and have seen some VERY EXPENSIVE flashlights. Trying to sort out quality vs cost vs. lumens is difficult.

I happen to find the Thrunight flashlight while reviewing a few you tube reviews. I have not purchased one yet but, I see that there not on everyone's TOP list. Is it that new of a company or are people finding issues with them? I like the TN30, TN11S and the TN12 that only cost $46.

The cost vs. lumens seems fantastic and they look well built.

If someone can provide some info on this brand of flashlight, it would be excellent.

I currently have a

Surefire G2
Maglight Magcharger

Thanks

Bill

Monocrom

Flashaholic

I'm new to this addiction.. I've reviewed hundreds of You Tube reviews, flashlight web sites and have seen some VERY EXPENSIVE flashlights. Trying to sort out quality vs cost vs. lumens is difficult.

I happen to find the Thrunight flashlight while reviewing a few you tube reviews. I have not purchased one yet but, I see that there not on everyone's TOP list. Is it that new of a company or are people finding issues with them? I like the TN30, TN11S and the TN12 that only cost $46.

The cost vs. lumens seems fantastic and they look well built.

If someone can provide some info on this brand of flashlight, it would be excellent.

I currently have a

Surefire G2
Maglight Magcharger

Thanks

Bill

No offense, but this is really the wrong topic to post that.

We have a dedicated "Recommend Me a Light" sub-forum on CPF. You're better off making a new topic there, with the above as your opening post.

:welcome:

NicC4ge

Newly Enlightened

#1 HDS Systems EDC-R1S-250
#2 FOURSEVENS Quark Pro QP2L-X
#3 JetBeam Limited Edition Titanium TCR10
#4 Nitecore TM26 Quadray
#5 SUNWAYMAN D40A NW

mks195

Newly Enlightened

#1# EagleTac TX25C2
#2# Fenix E35
#3# Fenix LD01 SS
#4# Mag-Tac 320 LED Crowned Bezel
#5# Fenix PD32

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened

#1# Zebralight: SC62
#2# Fenix: TK75
#4# Zebralight: SC52
#5# Fenix: PD35

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

#1# HDS Systems : EDC Clicky
#2# SureFire : 6P
#3# Fenix : E01
#4# SureFire : A2 Aviator
#5# SureFire : Kroma Milspec

Why?

HDS EDC
After nearly 7 years on CPF and having owned a ton of different lights, this is by far, the best EDC light I've ever owner. Beautiful light from the Nichia 219 emitter, programable to make it however you like, plenty bright on max for 99% of EDC tasks, and able to go all the way down to 0.02 lumens for dark vision preservation. Additionally, being able to run on either CR123 primaries or RCR123 cells, being built like a tank, and guaranteed for life is the icing on the cake!

SureFire 6P
The SF 6P is arguable the light that starting it all! It is the classic SureFire. It is very well made, has a simple and elegant design, and is an excellent "host" for the numerous P60 style drop-ins available. Even with just it's standard P60 incandescent drop-in, it's a great light (even with only 1 hour of battery life).

Fenix E01
While the beam and tint on this light isn't the greatest, it is built like a tank (fully potted head and super simple design), regulated and very long lasting battery life, can run on nearly dead batteries (battery vampire), is very small, and very inexpensive. Did I mention that it's nearly indestructible?! ;) It really can't be beat for $10-15.

SureFire A2 Aviator
This is a very special light in that it was one of the very few regulated incandescent flashlights ever made. It's electronics not only regulated output and made for a very white beam by incandescent standards, it was easy on the lamp as well by utilizing a "soft-start." Combine this with the usefulness of the secondary LEDs and it's excellent two-stage tail cap interface, it is a really great light. It's such a shame that it was discontinued. :(

SureFire K2 Kroma Milspec
I feel that this is a very underrated light on CPF. While the main, white LED is under powered by today's standard, I mostly use it for it's colored LED options. The primary white LED is on the cool side, but it perfectly acceptable and quite useful due to the SF TIR optics. Having red, blue, yellow-green, and IR secondarily LEDs is just awesome, fun, and quite useful. Combine this with the great magnet ring interface to select the colors and the excellent two-stage tail cap, it's a very useful and great light.

LuxCupitor

Newly Enlightened

#1 Zebralight sc52
#2 ThruNite T20.
#3 Jetbeam RRT-0
#4 Fenix PD35

bright star

Newly Enlightened

Fenix LD 41 680 lumen. Just got it two days ago what an awesome light. Produces a very broad beam yet still punches out 270 meters. :devil:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

#1# Zebralight : H52w

Poppy

Flashaholic

#1# convoy: S2:1400ma
#2# DQG: IV AAA: NW stainless
#3# Rayovac: indestructible 2AA:
#4# Solarforce: L2N
#5# Fenix: TK35

The convoy is a really low cost, slimline design, 18650 light that's quality is comparable to much pricier lights. It can be ordered with XML or XM-L2 emitters, and driven at different levels, and even with selected tints, all typically for less than $20. It can be a test bed to determine which tint a flashaholic prefers, for not much more than the cost of a P60 dropin (even if you build the dropin yourself).

The stainless DQG single AAA is touted as the smallest AAA flashlight. Actually I think the Atom 01 is a mm smaller, but in stainless with the TIR lens it is hard to beat.

The indestructible series of lights are built to take abuse, the 2AA version is a good one to keep in the car. It can be loaded with energizer lithiums to better take temperature extremes, and is inexpensive, so if it gets stolen... no big loss.

The L2N ? what would a flashaholic be without a good P60 host?

TK35... I think anyone who owns one loves it.

Last edited:

djtzar

Newly Enlightened

#1# Fenix: E05:2014 Ed
#2# Fenix: E20:2014 Ed
#3# Fenix: TK35

Very new in the flash light game , but had a E01 for ages and it died on me a month ago what an awesome little light it was

So sticking to Fenis as that is what I know , let's hope these new incomings are the same :)

Last edited:

FLASHLIT

Newly Enlightened

#1# FENIX: TK61
About 2 weeks ago there was a crazy fierce growling and squealing sound coming from the back yard. I never heard that before. Took a flashlight and looked thru the back yard from the safety of inside the house thru a window. The light wasn't very bright so all I could see was a couple pairs of eyes beaming back at me. Kept looking and later, still using the flashlight, saw 2 shadows walking across the white wall of the shed, which looked like could be large racoons. So I googled "racoon fight" to hear what they sound like and confirmed to myself that it was racoons fighting.
Thought I could use a better flashlight so after looking around and reading posts here, ordered several flashlights...the fenix tk61, olight marauder x6, fenix Ld50, nitecore tm26, thrunite tn35, Zebralight Mk II L2, and REV Captor mod by onestopthrowshop. The REV Captor and Zebralight haven't come in yet, but so far I can say the TK61 is the light I go for each night to take a peek in the back yard at night. I like the easy controls and the way it lights up an area where I point it without much flood so I'm not disturbing the neighbors when I check out the back yard...and it's nice and bright, kind of fun to light up any area in the back yard I point it at. I'm pretty sure the racoons are still out there because the pink flamingos keep getting thrown around. I like the TK61 so much am considering getting another one, but first I need to make money to pay for the ones I already bought.

Last edited:

Nightflash

Newly Enlightened

1. Nitecore SRT5 1x18650, infinite adjustable, hidden strobe and SOS, red and blue leds, neither too long nor too fat, universally speaking my favourite flashlight for now
2. Tank 007-E09 small, cheap, light, sturdy, 3 handy twisty modes up to 120 lm for universal minor use, 1xAAA, fits in anywhere and is always handy
3. Olight S10 or S20 baton depending on the battery preference, very small size for a 18650, red glowing low power indicator and powering down instead of goig off, as well as the magnetic tailcap for attaching to metal surfaces like fridges, garage doors, cars etc. to illuminate what You´re doing are big plusses

All 3 of these see daily use in one situation or the other. Next in line would be the 4. Fenix TK35, Olight M20x Warrior and Klarus XT11 for various purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.