The 2014 Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List

Status
Not open for further replies.

outdoorguy82

Newly Enlightened
Re: The 2014 Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast Your Vote!

#1# Zebralight : SC31
#2# Sunwayman : V11R
#3# Zebralight : SC600
#4# Olight : S10

Last edited:

Naam Penn

Newly Enlightened

My my most used and therefore favorite light is my 3 month old Zebralight ZLH52w AA.

For a general purpose multi-purpose compact light it is tough to beat. It works as a flashlight and headlamp. I don't need a thrower for most tasks and I seldom need anything else. The ability to use lithium batteries and the additional brightness makes it outstanding! I hope longevity is good.

Sonny81

Newly Enlightened

#1# Niwalker: Nova MM15
#2# Rofis: tr31c

Last edited:

dJippe

Newly Enlightened

#1# Zebralight : sc52 L2
#2# Led Lenser : T7.2
#3# Convoy : S2+

zebralight: small edc, best user interface and button what i know. No need for tailcap secure.

Led Lenser :) wide flat beam is fantastic and still nice to have possibility for tight throwy beam. And you get aaa from any place.

convoy: cheap chinese light, best price to quality ratio what i know. Can modded on store with different led tints, current and modes.

Last edited:

DeanA

Newly Enlightened

#1 Surefire ED2 Ultra
#2 Surefire M3TL-S
#3 4Sevens Preon2

torchsarecool

Enlightened

#1 sunwayman D20a gemini
#2 sunwayled m40a
#3 eagletac gx25a3

both sunwayman because theyre stunning looking pieces of kit. The eagletac because its tiny, runs on 3 x aa batteries and simply blows the socks off the rest of my collection!

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast

#1# Nitecore : P12
#2# Nitecore : TM26

cjmorris

Enlightened
What flashlights should we all own?

Most members here have spent countless dollar's feeding their addiction. Some of that money is very well spent, some probably feels like it wasn't worth it for one reason or another.

I think the fact that Mcgizmo, HDS, and Malkoff are worth every penny and that all cpf members would be proud to own and support these brands.

My question is what lights do you own that we all should own?Maybe it's a light not well known on cpf or maybe just undervalued.

I feel like the eagletac d25c is a well known light, but for those that don't own it you should. Quality, value and the neutral beam is amazing. Do yourself a favor buy one or two. So what is it we should not miss out on in your opinion.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What flashlights should we all own?

You've opened pandora's box there. Each and every flashaholic will have different lights they must have that someone else wouldn't want, and each and every flashaholic goes through phases of what they want and like as they progress through this hobby.

I think if every member responded, you'd probably account for nearly every quality light that it's possible to own. So the moral of the story is - buy them all :devil:

55893268.jpg

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

To me, buying flashlights can be like a Political Election. It all sounds great until they win the election, then we see their true colors.

But like it was said before, a true pandoras box here! lol

K31Scout

Newly Enlightened

I don't know being brand new to this forum. I just ordered a Zebralight H600Fw MkII which will be my first flashlight over $30 and hope I made a good choice. I'm afraid of this forum to tell the truth. I can see myself surrounded with flashlights in a year!

ValeTudoGuy

Newly Enlightened

Best is such a massively subjective term, there's so many flashlights because there's so many applications for them.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know being brand new to this forum. I just ordered a Zebralight H600Fw MkII which will be my first flashlight over $30 and hope I made a good choice. I'm afraid of this forum to tell the truth. I can see myself surrounded with flashlights in a year!

Love the Zebralights! Great ui, good size and incredible brightness makes them awesome!

Taz80

Enlightened

I'd love to own a couple of the custom lights that I drool over. But i just can't spend that much for a light, and if I did there would be a hunting accident. Then my wife would be selling off my lights. Could be some good deals for you all though. Rather than a specific light maybe a good EDC, all rounder, headlamp and thrower

Daekar

Enlightened

Everyone should own a floody Zebralight headlamp and a high-quality 2AA light in the tradition of the Fenix L2D. That's an absolute minimu for purely functional circumstances.

Ladp.1

Newly Enlightened

I've had the H600fw MII for a while now. I use it all the time and absolutely LOVE it! I just recently picked up a SC62w and am enjoying it just as much as my current EDC. They make a great team; headlamp in my backpack and SC62w in my pocket.

I had been carrying an Eagletac D25lc2 with Nichia 219b LED and love the color rendition and still carry it in the pack as a backup, but the SC62w is a lot smaller, surprisingly, brighter, dimmer, better looking, and the tint is nice. Not as nice as the 219b though.

Last edited:

BIGLOU

Enlightened

18650 bored Surefire 6P, McClickied Tailcap with whatever drop-in: Malkoff, Nailbender or Vinh's. I found that I no longer buy lights I'm just waiting for whenever a new higher lumen drop-in to come out.

Last edited:

Berneck1

Enlightened

You mentioned the D25c. I would recommend the D25a to just about anybody, instead. It is by far the most used light I have, and one of the most compact rear-clicky AA lights I have used. I like that the turbo/strobe is separate from the other levels. I can easily start at the level of light I desire without blinding myself right away. The only thing I might change about the D25a is all the other nonsense blinking modes. Turbo/strobe and low/medium/high is all most would ever need.

Additionally, while I like the CR123 batteries, I have moved to the AA's. They are pretty much everywhere you go. What you lose in output is made up in easy accessibility in most situations. Not to mention, I have seen some stores selling a single CR123 for $10 or more!!! I'd much rather pick up some store brand AA's if I'm in a bind. I do use a 14500 in my D25a, so I get the performance of a CR123, but I can switch to a primary AA in a pinch if I had to.

Also, If I have to lend someone a light, I'd rather give them an AA light and a pack of AA's, than have them be confused by a "different" battery type.

Btw, I wish Zebralight would come out with an updated version of the SC80. The fact that you could switch between using an AA or CR123 without carrying an extra accessory is truly the best of both worlds. I find that unless you have the extension tubes with you at all times the versatility of a CR123/AA light is of little use. My feeling is that most would use it as a CR123 light first and switch to AA in an emergency. Without the extension tube, it's a useless option.

The next type of light would be an AAA light. Everyone should at least have an Olight i3s or comparable light on their keychain. The price on the Thrunite Ti3 really can't be beat. But, as silly as it sounds, I like the styling and colors of the Olight more. I give them as gifts all the time and people love them.

I always have both the i3s and D25a with me. I could go on about my other Nitecore, Olight or Eagletac tactical and search lights, but as the portability diminishes their usefulness diminishes. I usually have a tactical light of some kind with me, but I don't always have the ability to carry one, especially in the summer. I just don't have enough pockets.

There's a saying in photography, the best camera to buy is the one you will take with you at all times. The same goes for flashlights. The best light you can buy is the one you will take with you at all times. I love my Nitecore EAX a lot, but I only use it when I'm willing to carry it. The D25a is always in my pocket, and I barely know it's there. It's infinitely more valuable to me than my most expensive lights....

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts