The 2016 FOURSEVENS COLLECTION

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Yes

2) Subjective, but most who own one say so. I've had a single cell of the first version as EDC for going on two years, and it has never disappointed.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never owned a Foursevens light before but I have just been looking at the Preon 2 on a UK site and have room in my collection for that type of light.

2 questions before I google for the answers.1) Are they clicky? 2) Are they worth buying?

1. All Preons can be clicky or twisty. Here is a pick of my Preons as of last July, but I have been using them as long as they have been around and perhaps I am lucky or in reality(I believe) they are made to last! I have never had a single Preon fail. My all time favorites are the Titanium/Black Neutral white P2 and my Preon Revo.
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...5-07/351C2209-A719-4047-AF5F-5C112AC08C71.jpg

As far as Four Sevens dependability-I am very pleased with the cost to dependability ratio. I have paid a lot of money for some lights by other companies that turned out to be not reliable at all. I can't say a Four Sevens light has never had a challenge, but on that rare instance, their customer service is outstanding. In addition, look at this thread-how many people can say that they can post a question and have it answered by the actual owner of the company. David Chow has always been an active participant on CPF, and I have always been impressed by how easy it is communicate with him and his staff. BTW, here is my FourSevens collection as of around two years ago-I have added several more but need to update the photo. I also purchased the Navi & Quark Smart lights. It takes guts to be the very first with new technology(low power Bluetooth), as things often can go wrong, but there is a lot to be learned as that process moves forward. No regrets.
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...5-04/07D37E5C-7114-4D40-B2D6-92E0AEF901A8.jpg

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I'm a little confused about the new "Click" line. I've read the FourSevens website as well as a vendor website and I still don't have clarity on this.

Are the new "Click's" the same as the old Quarks in how they operate? Do they have two mode groups depending on whether the head is loose or tight?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fixed it for you.

~ Chance

+1

I really enjoy my Clicks - I'm down to rotating just my Quark Pros, Quark Clicks, and HDS 325 (which is 3rd choice btw ;)), and I program/use them all very similarly: 4 modes, ~10x mode spacing, mostly moonlight and low, with momentary (or instant access) to max. I really like how the Click can alternate between moonlight and low with just short and long presses, and a quick double click will cycle low>max>low, or ml>med>ml. The HDS is known for its awesome programmable UI, but the way I use a light, the Click is just as good yet smaller, lighter, and more efficient/battery versatile.

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up gifting my Quark Click to a friend and now sadly I feel like it's the light that got away! Foursevens website doesn't show that you can buy them with the custom programming anymore. I emailed to see if you're still able to get them that way. Reppans I feel like I have BETRAYED you sir!!! You were one person who guided me to the Quarks (as well as a few other of my favorites, (MDC AA and D25A) and now it's the one light I feel like I NEED again. One the positive side my buddy is loving it! :laughing:
+1

I really enjoy my Clicks - I'm down to rotating just my Quark Pros, Quark Clicks, and HDS 325 (which is 3rd choice btw ;)), and I program/use them all very similarly: 4 modes, ~10x mode spacing, mostly moonlight and low, with momentary (or instant access) to max. I really like how the Click can alternate between moonlight and low with just short and long presses, and a quick double click will cycle low>max>low, or ml>med>ml. The HDS is known for its awesome programmable UI, but the way I use a light, the Click is just as good yet smaller, lighter, and more efficient/battery versatile.