• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The Aeon Mk. III

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

If anyone here has been waiting on the opportunity to pick up an Aeon Mk. III (or any other in stock product), until 11:59PM central time today, use code TEN at checkout, and you'll receive 10% off on your order as part of the last day of celebrating 10 years making torches. Details are here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BM9hTppBJzk/?taken-by=muyshondtent, and you can place an order at www.muyshondt.net.

I'm not one to run "sales", but ten years comes around once, and I wanted to say thanks to all of you who have supported me over the years. :)

All the very best,

Enrique

nbp

Flashaholic
Cheers to you Enrique on a decade of awesome lights! Thanks for making great stuff for us all this time. 🙂🙂

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers to you Enrique on a decade of awesome lights! Thanks for making great stuff for us all this time. 

What Nick said, thank you Enrique for making some of my favorite lights! You can never go wrong with a Muyshondt light. Quality and function in style.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
nbp and moshow9: Thanks to you both - looking forward to the next several years and bringing out some new stuff. :)

Enrique

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to post a small update here to note that the Aeons I have in stock right now are the last of them for a while. There will be no new run or (in titanium or otherwise) for the foreseeable future. I have stock of all versions expect Titanium at www.muyshondt.net, and am running low on stock of the desert tan model.

Also, going forwards, I do not expect to be offering lights in aluminum anymore. I'm not swearing them off outright, but 7075-T6 aluminum has been a bit of a headache to work with, both in machining, and especially anodizing. 6061-T6 is easier on both counts, but not anywhere near as good of a material, so, rather than sacrifice quality or performance, I simple won't be working in that metal for a while. What's presently in inventory for the Aeon and Maus are the last aluminum pieces for the foreseeable future, and the Flieger and any other lights that come after it will be titanium and other metals only.

If you have any questions feel free to post here or e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Enrique

This is disappointing! The aluminum lights were the only ones I could reasonably hope to afford. In fact, after coming to terms with the fact that I had lost my Aeon Mk. III about a month ago I recently paid full price for a second one to replace it - the only way I could possibly hope to replace the light is due to its (relative) affordability. I don't buy titanium lights when I can avoid it because I don't believe in paying a $200+ materials surcharge for a functionally identical product. It's a bummer to know that with the elimination of aluminum from your materials your entire product line is most likely going to be completely out of my price range.

Again - the Aeon is the only "light so nice I bought it twice." I hope that someday I'll be able to buy other lights from you again.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!

A small update: I am running low on inventory of copper lights, and will not be making another run for the presently foreseeable future. These are the last of the versions with a double-AR coated sapphire crystal lens (the others are double-AR borosilicate) as well.

All are available on the website at www.muyshondt.net - if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Enrique

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Hello!

A small update: I am running low on inventory of copper lights, and will not be making another run for the presently foreseeable future. These are the last of the versions with a double-AR coated sapphire crystal lens (the others are double-AR borosilicate) as well.

All are available on the website at www.muyshondt.net - if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Enrique

This is a great way to drum up orders!!:nana: I know it pushed me over the edge.....just ordered the Aeon in copper.

Thanks Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a great way to drum up orders!!:nana: I know it pushed me over the edge.....just ordered the Aeon in copper.

Thanks Enrique

I hope you enjoy your Aeon! :)

As of today all copper lights are out of stock and Desert Tan aluminum is out of production. I'll have more copper a few months down the line I expect, but no ETA at present.

I still have stock in black and indigo 7075-T6 aluminum, but once those are gone I don't expect they will be produced again.

Thanks for your support everyone!

Enrique

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Desert Tan arrived today. Removed the clip and put it on my keychain. Can't believe it has been over 8.5 years since I posted Beamshots: Aeon vs. Microlight II vs. H30-Q5 vs. 3SD Q5 vs. 1S R2. Versus the beam quality and CRI of the original Aeon, the Mk III is in another class. Though I probably would have preferred additional knurling up front and a larger tail loop to accomodate a beefy split ring...

lA5GlaW.jpg

Last edited:

Nicrod

Flashaholic
I adore my little copper Aeon. Its become my favorite light.

Something intresting to note...The first Aeon I handled, had very close mode spacing from low to medium. And Ive heard other people mention this as well.
However, my new Cu Aeon that was just received has very nice spacing from low to medium. Its much better spaced than the previous example I held.
And im fairly certain that its not just my eyes deceiving me. I was pleasantly surprised by this

Nick

***EDIT***

Spoke to Enrique reguarding the mode spacing, And after hearing his explanation on how the modes are controlled, It must be my eyes. He said the spacing on my light
most likely is the same as all the rest. He said, there are subtle variations in the LED's themselves, But this is on the order of single digit lumens, and are imperceptable to the eye.
So looks as tho my eyes have deceived me, oh well. Im still very happy with my light, and the chosen outputs.

Im hooked on enrique's lights. Already I want to try for a Flieger. So much I want, and not enough money to do it all. Story of my life.

Nick

Last edited:

Southernlight

Enlightened
I hope you enjoy your Aeon! :)

As of today all copper lights are out of stock and Desert Tan aluminum is out of production. I'll have more copper a few months down the line I expect, but no ETA at present.

I still have stock in black and indigo 7075-T6 aluminum, but once those are gone I don't expect they will be produced again.

Thanks for your support everyone!

Enrique

Is the end of Muyshondt CR2 lights, or could there be a Mk IV in the future ?

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Southernlight: Nope. I just won't be working in aluminum going forwards. There are no plans presently for a Mk. IV design, but that doesn't preclude another run of Mk. IIIs in Titanium and other materials in the future. :thumbsup: It may be a while before another Aeon run, however.

bltkmt

Enlightened
Received my deep indigo light today - so awesome! Curious what to expect regarding the anodizing and wear - my 1st generation Aeon in natural still shows no wear, and it is quite a few years old. Can I expect this with the indigo version?

bltkmt

Enlightened
Received my deep indigo light today - so awesome! Curious what to expect regarding the anodizing and wear - my 1st generation Aeon in natural still shows no wear, and it is quite a few years old. Can I expect this with the indigo version?

Any thoughts from the collective?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right - HAIII can only get darker. That said, you can always go over the HA coating with another layer of paint, similar to what Elzetta did with their special edition yellow alpha flashlight a few years back. :D

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hardcoat anodizing can end up a variety of (usually darker) colors, including gray, green, brown, violet, black, etc, depending on many factors during treatment.

I don't know about indigo, however.