• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The Aeon Mk. III

archimedes

Flashaholic
Unfortunately, I just noticed a nick on my deep indigo light. What a drag as it was only pocket carried. I love this light and the upgraded internals (and clicky) but do miss the industrial strength finish of the Mk I and Mk II lights.

Sorry to hear that :(

One reason I prefer stonewashed titanium, I guess ... already all full of nicks and dings that way ;)

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
That'd be great; I wouldn't want to assume erroneously. This light has become my go-to EDC since its arrival, and makes all my other lights look bulky. It may not have the power some of them do, but it's definitely one of the best EDC lights out there IMO. Battery life seems crazy good, and it has definitely exceeded my expectations thus far. I ordered rechargeable batteries, but at this rate it's going to take me at least a couple years to chew through the five CR2 batteries I bought haha.

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may purchase one of these lights as I like the lithium primary because of its current flow, the quality build, and the nichia 219B.. For those that have one I have a question. 1. is the light engine programmable? The jump from 1 to 15 to 160 lumens seems unusual.

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may purchase one of these lights as I like the lithium primary because of its current flow, the quality build, and the nichia 219B.. For those that have one I have a question. 1. is the light engine programmable? The jump from 1 to 15 to 160 lumens seems unusual.

No, it is not programmable.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it is not programmable.

Thank you. The reason I ask is that the Company's website says the Mk III switches from 1-15-160 lumens and the first post in this thread says the Mk III switches from 1-25-180 lumens. My guess is that the Company's website has not been updated?

moltenmag

Enlightened
Thank you. The reason I ask is that the Company's website says the Mk III switches from 1-15-160 lumens and the first post in this thread says the Mk III switches from 1-25-180 lumens. My guess is that the Company's website has not been updated?

I wish it was programmable. If it was, it would be the ultimate edc torch. I had one and loved the craftsmanship and size and pocket clip but ultimately sold it because I though the mode spacing was weird. I have a 3 speed twisty aeon mk ii which I love. Honestly, if I were you I would buy and HDS Rotary instead. It is a bit bigger but extremely customizable and well worth the price!

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish it was programmable. If it was, it would be the ultimate edc torch. I had one and loved the craftsmanship and size and pocket clip but ultimately sold it because I though the mode spacing was weird. I have a 3 speed twisty aeon mk ii which I love. Honestly, if I were you I would buy and HDS Rotary instead. It is a bit bigger but extremely customizable and well worth the price!

I have an HDS. What I like about the Aeon is size, weight, emitter, power source, and craftsmanship. My bet is that he will move to a programmable light engine soon as it will be a game changer for his lights. Have an email into Enrique to confirm lumen outputs.

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree...the Rotary is a much better value. If this light was programmable I would definitely carry it a lot more. I think lumen outputs for the Aeon were originally overstated. Enrique corrected them after several people pointed it out. They should be 1-15-160

moltenmag

Enlightened
I agree...the Rotary is a much better value. If this light was programmable I would definitely carry it a lot more. I think lumen outputs for the Aeon were originally overstated. Enrique corrected them after several people pointed it out. They should be 1-15-160

Oh and I wish the Clicky was a forward Clicky instead of a reverse. It is very loud too. Not good for night use...

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh and I wish the Clicky was a forward Clicky instead of a reverse. It is very loud too. Not good for night use...

I got mine today in indigo blue. The color rendering of the emitter is outstanding. It is almost exactly like sunlight and does not have the ever so slight brownish tint of my other nichia 219b emitter lights. In my opinion, the sound of the Clicky is a non-issue. In a range where the HDS is very quiet and the Felix light are very loud, the Aeon is closer to the HDS.

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enrique announced on his website that Series 2 will launch Pre-orders on Friday, March 16th. I enjoy this light so much that I may need to upgrade from my current aluminum model to Titanium in the Series 2 launch - scheduled for July 2018!

Question for those that own Titanium, does the light get uncomfortably hot when on 160 lumens for more than 5 minutes?

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Series 2 basically the same light with different styling and metal options?

https://shop.muyshondt.net/blogs/met-journal

After reading the above, I believe he is re-releasing the non-aluminum metal options with different styling and serialized production numbers printed under the pocket clip. So, titanium, Darkwell Titanium, and Relic Copper finishes will be available.