The Eagletac T100C2 MKII XP-G Update - 321 ANSI lumens

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eagletac T100C2 MKII has been updated with an XP-G, here are the specifications.

CREE XP-G Cool White S2 LED.
Max output: 425 LED lumens / 321 ANSI FL-1 lumen

Turbo Mode: Constant 425 Lumens* regulates 2 hour to 50%
General Mode: Constant 50 Lumens* regulates 14 hours to 50%

The XP-E model is about 185 ANSI lumens, so the updated version offers a significant increase in output.

kreisler

Banned
some fair companies actually post full graphs of the brightness measurement curves (brightness vs. time, for all modes Turbo - Hi - Med - Low) on the official product webpages, for example Klarus Lighting Technology Co., Ltd calls theirs discharge graph. This way the consumer gets clear and honest product information, e.g. how well the constant current regulation works (the degree of perfection, see Zebralight and Spark products). i respect companies which have open disclosure policy and publish such graphs. The Xeno (Zhongwin) company even posts a long series of videos in which the engineers are shown how they do professional violation tests with: a mechanical vibrator machine, a 3.0t truck, drop tests (30x dropping in all sorts of positions from the height of 1.5m), watering tests, etc.
JetBeam too has a video channel where they show hilarious tests.

a picture says more than 1000 words.

i can confirm that the regulation in EagleTac is far from perfect. i own EagleTac too. and here some proofing videos:
It's good to hear that T100C2 is updated. Now i want to see brightness curves and similar youtube videos, thanks! :naughty:
I mean.. if Klarus, JetBeam, and Zhongwin (just to name 3 off the top of my head) can do such things, why cant my "favorite" company offer the same?

anyone knows?

Last edited:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol kreisler. Have you seen the EagleTac web page? They can't even post pictures or specs of any lights less than a year old. They have the worst most outdated web page in the business (with the exception of Peak).

Last edited:

kreisler

Banned
yeah, me too. loling.
so i am not alone with my opinion ha!

i'd also appreciate a "News" section on their website. That's the first one sees when visiting the JetBeam website. JetBeam is a fully Chinese company and website yet they manage to keep their webpages uptodate and generate and communicate the news. 4Sevens has a great news section too. (Hey! wasnt 4Sevens affiliated with EagleTac some time ago?.. Maybe they manufacture all in the same Olight factories haha)

I like my EagleTac product .. but emotionally i am losing the connection to the company. They dont seem to do much about maintaining customership spirit on a high level.

Disappointing.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they offer an R5 neutral version.
or if 'outdoor-white' is up to S2 bin

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
I can't wait to check out the MX series. I emailed eagletac-usa awhile back and asked them when they would be coming out. They said it would be sometime around Christmas.

ViciousV

Newly Enlightened
new website in beta. the D-series is already online. Quite exciting! (and where are the measurement graphs?)
Code:
[URL]http://www.eagletac.com/beta/html/index.html[/URL]

Notice the Apple "theme" to the beta site? The D25C Mini has three brightness "lebels"... heh... Great light tho.. just picked one up.

BUZ

Enlightened
Has anyone got one of these new T100's?

I recently got one, it's now mounted on a bushmaster. Had one of the older ones mounted on my bushmaster (believe it is the 220 lumen model) and it has worked flawlessly however wanted something a little brighter. The newer one is noticeably brighter!

Old T100:

ed85e1f3.jpg

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently got one, it's now mounted on a bushmaster. Had one of the older ones mounted on my bushmaster (believe it is the 220 lumen model) and it has worked flawlessly however wanted something a little brighter. The newer one is noticeably brighter!

How much throw did you lose?

BUZ

Enlightened
Nice setup. Does the new one have a bigger hotspot?

Thanks! Yeah the hotspot is a little larger (25-30%) or so. Still nice and tight though with good throw.

How much throw did you lose?

I would say none since my old one also has the LOP reflector. Spill beam seems to be just slightly larger and the beam is pure white to my eye's. Older T100 has kind of a purplish tint like the older seoul emitters.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! Yeah the hotspot is a little larger (25-30%) or so. Still nice and tight though with good throw.

I would say none since my old one also has the LOP reflector. Spill beam seems to be just slightly larger and the beam is pure white to my eye's. Older T100 has kind of a purplish tint like the older seoul emitters.

Sounds Good.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maximum neutral xp-e throw

Eagletac lists the updated T100C2 [shouldn't they call it mk3?] as having the C1200 DS circuit, so are they overdriving the R3 xp-e? [based on 'LED lumens' I'd say yes]
If they are, does that also apply to the previously used xp-e Q4 neutral-white? [The previous T100C2 mk2 used the 850mA circuit.]

shipwreck

Enlightened
Re: Maximum neutral xp-e throw

I have the previous 220 lumen model of the T100C2 MK II...

It is my nightstand light and has been for about a year or so.... I did buy the T100C2 to mount on a riflle as a cheaper version of the T20C2 MK II. However, the "low" was too "low" for me for a rifle light. I want a light that could make it all night in an emergency. The med setting of 60 or so lumens lasts 13 hours on the T20C2 MK II. The low setting on the T100 lasts a while, but wasn't bright enough when I tried it outside at night. So, I took it off the gun, and put it on my nightstand. At night, the low setting is useful to not blind me when I need to find something in the dark.

But the high setting is still good enough for tactical use if I had an intruder in the home.

It is a very nice light. I do wish this new version was out when I got mine, though. Brighter is always better :) :)

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Maximum neutral xp-e throw

I like BUZ's setup, and was wondering if there is an xp-e Q4 N-W that uses the 1200 circuit instead of the 850 circuit.
That should increase the initial emitter lumens by 25% at a cost of only 30 minutes runtime. 2.2 hour to 1.7 hour

shipwreck, did you see http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?322009-Lower-the-Low-mode-on-T100C2-technique maybe you can ramp up the low mode so it will meet your needs, and can go back on the gun.

shipwreck

Enlightened