Help me understand the popularity of the TS10

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fair enough. I still keep an a2 aviator in that spot. It's not going anywhere. Those red secondaries are also nice for navigating a room at night. A bit too bright but still not bad. Nice brass btw

Ocelot808

Enlightened
That's what I'm checking. Everything else works fine. And this is a good feature in my opinion
Part of the Anduril 2 refinements.

4C to enter lockout mode
----then
3C to exit lockout power off
4C to exit lockout turn on at last mode memory
or 5C to exit lockout turn on at full power

To some Anduril may seem gimmicky or overly complex but once you spend time with it it's really pretty logical and with a bit of practice it gets really intuitive and easy to use. Not to mention the freedom to configure any light to exactly how you want the interface to be.

You might want to check the temp sensor calibration (see chart) as the TS10s I have were way off out of the box.

Great to see you're enjoying the light for what it is.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I also keep it like that with orange secondaries facing me. Easy to see but not bright at all to be disturbing.
That's how I've been using mine ever since it arrived. The amber/orange tints are the best secondary tint ever and I've been totally sold on them ever since getting a Boss 35 when they first came out. To finally have all these features on such an affordable light was totally unexpected.

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Part of the Anduril 2 refinements.

4C to enter lockout mode
----then
3C to exit lockout power off
4C to exit lockout turn on at last mode memory
or 5C to exit lockout turn on at full power

To some Anduril may seem gimmicky or overly complex but once you spend time with it it's really pretty logical and with a bit of practice it gets really intuitive and easy to use. Not to mention the freedom to configure any light to exactly how you want the interface to be.

You might want to check the temp sensor calibration (see chart) as the TS10s I have were way off out of the box.

Great to see you're enjoying the light for what it is.
Thanks. I haven't seen that in any of the Anduril 2 diagrams.
From lockout
4C: back to memorized
4H: moonlight
5C: top of ramp

But yes I'm enjoying it. I'm actually really enjoying such a floody light after having quite strong opinions of having a tight beamed light

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my brass TS-10 today. 3000k, red secondaries. It's almost twice as heavy as the aluminum version, and should patina nicely. Based on the preceeding toy/tool discussion, would it be wrong to put it on my nightstand with the secondaries facing me next to my Malkoff'd SF C2 bump-in-the-night light so that is easier to find? 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 54073
I think you may have found the ONE use for the TS10, to identify were "useful" flashlights can be found!

Thanks for the laugh!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen that in any of the Anduril 2 diagrams.
Anduril keeps getting new features, superceding older diagrams and manuals..

From Lockout, 3C to Off is on this flowchart:
cetP5Py.png

and also in this Anduril 2 Online Manual

There is also an UnDocumented way to defeat the Lockout.. unscrew the head half a turn, wait a couple seconds and reclose the light. (Just dont press the tailbutton while the head is loose, it will start a factory reset and erase any customised preferences such as floors and ceilings)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I'm actually really enjoying such a floody light after having quite strong opinions of having a tight beamed light
I've always liked lights to have at least some throw, but also enough flood to allow me to see what's off to the side as well, and this beam pattern is one of the most ideal all-around beams I've ever had. Really good for working on plumbing and electrical, with no overly strong hotspot, it's a household keeper.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always liked lights to have at least some throw, but also enough flood to allow me to see what's off to the side as well, and this beam pattern is one of the most ideal all-around beams I've ever had. Really good for working on plumbing and electrical, with no overly strong hotspot, it's a household keeper.
Even walking my dogs in my yard it's great. I've always preferred a defocused Incan maglite because it doesn't have the glare of the intense hotspot. Especially at 5am when my eyes are still super sensitive. But this thing is so diffuse I just pick the brightness I want

Monocrom

Flashaholic
TS10.... The hottest Flashaholic Must-have this Christmas season.
(Also, never thought I'd ever encounter a flashlight with a U.I. that incorporated a flow chart.)

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anduril keeps getting new features, superceding older diagrams and manuals..

From Lockout, 3C to Off is on this flowchart:
View attachment 54095
and also in this Anduril 2 Online Manual

There is also an UnDocumented way to defeat the Lockout.. unscrew the head half a turn, wait a couple seconds and reclose the light. (Just dont press the tailbutton while the head is loose, it will start a factory reset and erase any customised preferences such as floors and ceilings)
I will print this off. Thanks

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
TS10.... The hottest Flashaholic Must-have this Christmas season.
(Also, never thought I'd ever encounter a flashlight with a U.I. that incorporated a flow chart.)
Hi Monocrom. Given your long-time involvement in this forum, I am wondering if you have seen this flowchart from 2009. I am still amazed by the 14-year-old technology, although I haven't yet had the opportunity to handle a LiteFlux.

Last edited:

NeilP

Enlightened
The perrinial problem..do i start yet another new thread..or tagged to the son e..I never know! Which either way you choose..some one will always chastise you ! :) so here goes.

Thanks to vicv's marvellous sales thread of this TS10, I now have one...:D
Basic question..how do i change the brightness of the Red LED's. Yes I have a selection of the flow chart and still can't work it out.

Longer explanation....

As any one would when it first arrived , the first thing I did was turn it on and start playing with the button before reading any instructions.

Never owned anything with Arduil before...Yikes! Only firmware I have on a lamp os guppydrv on a home turned / built camp light.

So, when I first screwed the cap on for the first time, it came on with relatively bright red light. but after my trial and error approach, the red LED is only a dim glow that stays on for an indeterminate time, then goes off when i click the white light off
After a bit of fiddling and playing i relented and looked at the paperwork, and I am still little the wiser.

I have managed to:
..read the firmware

2022 07 19 07 04 or 2022 07 19 07 14 not sure on the flash length for the 1 or zeros.

I think I have mastered a Factory reset.

but no where can i find the flow to adjust the red LED brightness or even how to turn it off other than unscrew the body

The supplied instructions are so small ! ..I see the bigger PDF of the flow chart above, but that seem, to be for a different firmware..

Still searching for the correct flow for this firmware ..if any one knows a link..
thanks

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Basic question..how do i change the brightness of the Red LED's. Yes I have a selection of the flow chart and still can't work it out.
Here you go! This is the video I watched to figure out the very same thing....

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's 7 clicks from off. That will go between bright, flashing, off, and dim. So you need to do it each time. It won't cycle. So 7 clicks to flashing. 7 clicks to off. 7 clicks to low. I'm not sure how you got it into the mode you did so I'd definitely recommend a factory reset. What do you mean by the aux LEDs go off after an indeterminate time when turning off the white light? They're supposed to stay on indefinitely until you turn on the white light. They're never on at the same time
I find it funny this is being called a sales thread. I was walking the dog this morning around the yard and using my trusty a2 aviator and testing out my new lfp cells. Got sick of how crappy the low mode was and how blinding the high was. Put in my jacket pocket and out comes the little ts10. On level 4. Probably 50ish lumens. Ahhh, that's better

NeilP

Enlightened
I'd not have got one without this thread !
😂

Yes, had been in both Advanced and Simple.

Yes, thanks, the 7 clicks was it. I did finally find it.

I was hoping there was .. well two modes, so you can switch between red or while illumination, but red seems to be 'off' unless you use 4C to lockout… or I guess 7C to toggle the red default.

I did think it ( the red ) did turn off after a period, but on second look, maybe not.

It does seem you can turn the red off with a small turn of the 'cap' and then the button does weird stuff… like red momentary on first press,?then lots of random stuff on subsequent presses

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are kinda two modes. Off, which can have the auxiliary colored LEDs on, and ON. Which turns off auxiliary. Even in lockout, only one or the other is on. Also, in lockout, the same 7c will change the aux modes. So aux behavior is separate between the two.
If you untwist the head the aux do turn off. But it's not true lockout as there's still power getting to the switch from the inner tube. Which you've discovered. Be careful. Playing with the switch while the head is unscrews is a way to perform a factory reset

NeilP

Enlightened
Yes, I saw that you can do factory reset with unscrewing, but I was taking it to mean fully off, so total power off. But doing a factory reset is not a major thing, as I am not changing any settings that are in any way critical to me… in fact if I accidentally change a temperature or safety feature, it would be a good thing !