• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The HDSRB Project

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
A modded white flat Osram HDS just sold. Perfect emitter to use with this reflecot/bezel?

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure. If this large reflector does about the same with standard XP-G2 thing Osram did with the standard reflector - increased lux in hotspot 2 ~ times, then the Osram in this a large reflector can turn it into something like Acebeam K75 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Y3yemnsrA), reduced size and power only. Maybe a larger Osram KW CSLPM1.TG here would be better

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, unprofessional Lux tests show the HDSRB doubled the candela with the 5000k 219c limited edition LED (4 o'clock high)

Price looks like it will be about $250, with the reflector making up at least half of the costs. Quality optics arent cheap, especially if it's not off the shelf. I'm trying to decide if I should do preorder/ deposit or just an interest lost, once I figure that out we'll get the ball rolling.

Conservative estimate is 8 weeks for production.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, unprofessional Lux tests show the HDSRB doubled the candela with the 5000k 219c limited edition LED (4 o'clock high)

Price looks like it will be about $250, with the reflector making up at least half of the costs. Quality optics arent cheap, especially if it's not off the shelf. I'm trying to decide if I should do preorder/ deposit or just an interest lost, once I figure that out we'll get the ball rolling.

Conservative estimate is 8 weeks for production.

Thx for update[emoji1690]
If not asked before, can you check fitment of OR clip between bezel and body?
Also, is reflector finish pure SMO or OP?
I would suggest like latest HDSsss have, just a bit, to smooth out artifacts.
No need for heavy OP surface.
Not all emitters have the same beam at fixed focal length.

Last edited:

Stoneking

Enlightened
Is there going to be a limited number available or enough for all interested?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there going to be a limited number available or enough for all interested?
I believe if I do it as a preorder I should be able to cover what's ordered and even a couple extra.

If it's simply an interest list I have to assume that a small percentage of those on the list won't be purchasing so I guess that's more of an uncertainty. It's the main reason I'm leaning towards preorder, or maybe a middle ground of a preorder but with a 25-50% deposit up front just so I know people are committed to purchasing.

Noted @nmiller. Thank you for everyone that commented their support and encouragement [emoji275]

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx for update[emoji1690]
If not asked before, can you check fitment of OR clip between bezel and body?

It does fit, however depending the LED the beam may be affected. For example the 219c beam has a couple added rings but I have one modded by Vinh (I believe it's XML2 but I'm not certain) that looks the same.

Also, is reflector finish pure SMO or OP?
I would suggest like latest HDSsss have, just a bit, to smooth out artifacts.
No need for heavy OP surface.
Not all emitters have the same beam at fixed focal length.

It's SMO. The LED's I tested don't have any artifacts (at least to my standards). The goal for this is to maximize throw over all else, I'm trying to really increase the versatility of the lights we love. Anyway, I'm not certain if the reflector source is able to do OP and if they are I'd have to have a few made with varying degrees to find the sweet spot . . . a headache I'd prefer to avoid.