• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stack (Impossible lumens) you didn't upset me at all with you're comments. I just had to get back to work yesterday when we were talking. You're always cool with me, bro! :) But thanks for reaching out... you're a good dude.

How does this compare to the R50vn?

Very different... but both two of my favs. They both have a great hotspot, but the SD26vn's is more well defined. They both have useable spill, but the R50vn has much more of it. The shaved dome Olight has great reach, but only about half compared to the Lumintop, while the former has almost double the lumens.

Basically, the R50vn has a good balance of flood and spill, while the SD26vn is much more dedicated for throw... and if course it's considerably smaller and lighter.

Both are must haves! :laughing: no.... seriously, they really are!

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stack (Impossible lumens) you didn't upset me at all with you're comments. I just had to get back to work yesterday when we were talking. You're always cool with me, bro! :) But thanks for reaching out... you're a good dude.

Very different... but both two of my favs. They both have a great hotspot, but the SD26vn's is more well defined. They both have useable spill, but the R50vn has much more of it. The shaved dome Olight has great reach, but only about half compared to the Lumintop, while the former has almost double the lumens.

Basically, the R50vn has a good balance of flood and spill, while the SD26vn is much more dedicated for throw... and if course it's considerably smaller and lighter.

Both are must haves! :laughing: no.... seriously, they really are!
thanks Wimmer... everything Vinh sells is a must have haha! Wonder when the R50vn will get the updated .2 treatment???:thinking:

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
This makes me want an sd26vn but I don't want to miss out on possible upgrades to. 2 as this could change everything.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to discourage any excitement over the new .2's, but just to be clear, the SD26vn has a dedomed XPL so the new LEDs won't effect this particular light. Also, XPL PDT clearly outperforms XPL HI, for whatever that's worth.

When Cree produces an XHP35.2, then I'll really be excited.... but even that would produce a much tighter beam than what you see in lights like the SD26vn, so that'll still be an apples-to-oranges comparison.

thanks Wimmer... everything Vinh sells is a must have haha! Wonder when the R50vn will get the updated .2 treatment???:thinking:

Who knows... I'm sure it'll be awesome and come with a considerable lumen increase. I just wish the 50.2 was shave-able.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anyone know (yet) if the .2s can be used with a smooth reflector vs an OP?

i beleive i saw a thread over at budget light forums where someone modded a smooth reflector light with a XHP50.2 and there was no visible dark cross. im going to say smooth reflectors are good to go with the .2s.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
My T21vn has landed!
33cef2f70e6f2a7a931bee8ac49cbf5f.jpg

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I shipped 2-3 SD26vn without mounting the LED to copper. For some reason I spaced out during the build. If you recently gotten a SD26vn please remove the bezel, glass and reflector to check if the LED is on copper or not. MY FAULT!!!

Hey Wimmer, I just got my SD26vn 219c back fro Vinh so I might need to check mine for copper. Can you run me through this so I don't mess it up? (Sorry, I just had to):poke:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
My T21vn has landed!
33cef2f70e6f2a7a931bee8ac49cbf5f.jpg

Oh nice... many congrats, my friend. Isn't it just such fun when a new light shows up in the mail... it's better than sex at my age. tmi?

Hey Wimmer, I just got my SD26vn 219c back fro Vinh so I might need to check mine for copper. Can you run me through this so I don't mess it up? (Sorry, I just had to):poke:

No problem. First thing... unscrew the bezel then stick it in ur bottom. :hahaha: :banghead:

M30c2vn kit 8 x 18650

ok to press the power button? :shrug: :naughty:

:bow: Oh my... I hope no one accidentally sits on that thing. Yep I'll be rolling with a 'bottom' theme for the remains of this day.

tumblr_n1cwue_NPUl1t9xrlao1_1280.gif