• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
So its stop snowing. I shine my tn40vn 9000/500k. Damn bright. X65VN NW should be here Friday.. more fun testing..

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just have a floating set of matching cells, swap out and charge, use others and repeat/rotate.

The nice thing with the OPUS--you can charge test several like cells and make a really closely matched set--- If I need 4 cells for a light I usually buy at least 6--then test capacity--then match--I have 3 or 4 sets that after running way down in lights--upon recharge they match within 10 mah --not bad when you're talking 25R VTC5 or VTC6-- I figure a set matched within the 1% range is perfect--In the Vacuum Tube world thats perfect

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, not a bad idea. I haven't gotten around to testing the capacities of some of my batteries yet but I've been impressed with how well the ones I've tested are holding up.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
When you have to be up early for work, but always stay up late refreshing the page in case Vinh posts something in "FDT" (as he typically posts there late at night), and don't want Newlumen, OG, Wimmer, MAD, Mike, Ven, liteboy or Alex to beat you to the punch lol... But then the next day at work....
Sleepy-in-Office-Problem.jpg
LOL. I ordered me one of those off Amazon and UPS broke it on the way, sent it back and my order was cancelled. It was the last one at the pricing. If I wanted to reorder the same chair it was $50. more so I forgot about it. Until now!

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I got my P60 quad last week and yesterday the Solarforce host I ordered came in. I got the stainless tail switch too so put an FS54 in that. The tint is extremely nice on this thing. On fresh IMR I get about 1,900 lumens sustained. Such a nifty little light to have great tint and super bright.
P1080913.jpg

P1080916.jpg

P1080927.jpg

P1080933.jpg

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
The P60VN quad xp-l hi 5,000k is some of the most un-harsh tint ever. Very soft and light feeling comes off this light.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Opus charger, you must discharge and fully charged to test for capacity. Right?

on the OPUS the charge test tops the cells off then discharges them, then it recharges them fully again--I find that using cells that are full after they rested for a while (30-45 minutes) gets me the most accurate readings --to me if a cell is really low then you charge it (it gets hot) then it discharges right away producing more heat--then recharges making more heat

ven

Flashaholic
LOL. It's my first day with the new light ven :poke:. Don't forget to remind me like next week sometime:poke:. LOL

Me forget to remind you....:devil:

The L2T host is decent for the money, only slight down side is the deep bezel. It takes some spill away(no issue if your not bothered and are more interested in the throw/reach).

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
so this morning I was telling you guys about the tn40vn 9000/500k. This is the tree I shine.. it's very far. I will say 3 or 4 football field.. I still need to shine more objects.. check out the tree..
picture share