• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a Sky Lumen 2 XHP70.2 DriverVN2 + 2 18350 $120/$135

Anyone got any beam shots of this bad boy?
I have a TN36UTvn which has to be shut down in one minute (on a summer night) due to heat.
Weight = 14 ounces
Emitter = 3 XHP70
Lumen =11,700

SL2
Weight = 3 ounces
Emitter = 2 XHP70.2
Lumen = 7,000 to 8,000+/-

YIKES !!!!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TN36UTvn which has to be shut down in one minute (on a summer night) due to heat.
Weight = 14 ounces
Emitter = 3 XHP70
Lumen =11,700

SL2
Weight = 3 ounces
Emitter = 2 XHP70.2
Lumen = 7,000 to 8,000+/-

YIKES !!!!

I am still using tn36utvn spec 3 as a night light.. set it on 2nd mode, heat is not an issue.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am still using tn36utvn spec 3 as a night light.. set it on 2nd mode, heat is not an issue.
Very true and it has a beautiful beam. A wash of smooth light all around.

My SL2 with triple XPL PDT also has a huge, smooth hot spot with little spill.

Both great lights. I was just trying to imagine 8,000 lumens out of an SL2. Wow!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine NLs house has no actual lights and everything is illuminated with VN flashlights. ;)

True.. I use flashlight when I go use the restroom, go to the garage, living room as a night light.. I even sleep with the flashlight... Sr52utvn, t6vn, tn40svn....

By the way, olight sr52utvn is the bomb.. very nice neutral xpg2 PDT, driver vnx , and throw well..

Also thrunite tn30vn35 xhp 35 with the driver vnx... Nice light.. true pop can thrower and all the lumen going to the hotspot... Driver vnx is the best.. I can go to turbo mode, the hold it down to switch modes without turning off the flashlight...

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of XPL PDT, who loves the SD26vn? I know I do. It's not too heavy and that 26650 size handle is just right. The side switch is comfortable to use and easy to locate, and everyone likes Driver VNX2. Oh yeah... it puts out 1,400 lumens and 80k lux with a very well defined hotspot! This thing is almost always with me.

Just compare the SD26vn with the TX25C2vn. The Lumintop (which costs $35 less) not only has twice the lumen output, but its more well defined and much larger hotspot makes for a far superior beam IMO... and it still has 10k lux more than the xpg2 in the Eagtac. Anyone who doesn't have an SD26vn is missing out big time and you'd better order one today!

I'm thinking about getting a second one but I have to decide what cerakote I want... Corvette Yellow, Zombie Green or maybe Blue Titanium? :)

9ac4dbd7-8e75-4625-a0bf-6121859623d5.jpg
443d8c62-4c44-4c42-bedf-3d056bddfd28.jpg

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
True.. I use flashlight when I go use the restroom, go to the garage, living room as a night light.. I even sleep with the flashlight...

NL, you are a role model to me.

..... and his entire dining room table is completely covered with chargers. LOL

Yep and he always has runtime and heat test results at the ready. We like to call ourselves flashlight guys but compared to Newlumen we're all just Shadowhawks.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
That SD26vn sounds like my EC60vn. Both a single 26650 light. But the EC60vn adds 28% more lumens and 28% more lux. (1785 lumen, 103K lux).

I'm ready to pull the trigger on its stable mate, the EC50vn with XHP70.2, but things are changing so fast, I'm going to wait a little while.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
That SD26vn sounds like my EC60vn. Both a single 26650 light. But the EC60vn adds 28% more lumens and 28% more lux. (1785 lumen, 103K lux).

I'm ready to pull the trigger on its stable mate, the EC50vn with XHP70.2, but things are changing so fast, I'm going to wait a little while.

This is true, but for me, there's no comparison between the two. At least not in terms of how much of and how well they illuminate a target... and there's also the heat factor. Wait a minute... YOU don't have an SD26vn? :whoopin:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is true, but for me, there's no comparison between the two. At least not in terms of how much of and how well they illuminate a target... and there's also the heat factor. Wait a minute... YOU don't have an SD26vn? :whoopin:
Ha-ha! Caught me! :D
I'm just going by the numbers. The ratio of lux to lumens is about the same for both lights.
My EC60vn has a far reaching hot spot, but also a decent amount of fill. It's "throwy" but certainly not what I would describe as a dedicated thrower.

(is "throwy" a new category?) LOL

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Speaking of XPL PDT, who loves the SD26vn? I know I do. It's not too heavy and that 26650 size handle is just right. The side switch is comfortable to use and easy to locate, and everyone likes Driver VNX2. Oh yeah... it puts out 1,400 lumens and 80k lux with a very well defined hotspot! This thing is almost always with me.

Just compare the SD26vn with the TX25C2vn. The Lumintop (which costs $35 less) not only has twice the lumen output, but its more well defined and much larger hotspot makes for a far superior beam IMO... and it still has 10k lux more than the xpg2 in the Eagtac. Anyone who doesn't have an SD26vn is missing out big time and you'd better order one today!

I'm thinking about getting a second one but I have to decide what cerakote I want... Corvette Yellow, Zombie Green or maybe Blue Titanium? :)

9ac4dbd7-8e75-4625-a0bf-6121859623d5.jpg
443d8c62-4c44-4c42-bedf-3d056bddfd28.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the SD26vn! I actually have two XPL PDT (one is Fiat Lux) and another in 219C. Lately the SD26vn has been the light I grab when I am just going out with the dog or a walk in the woods and I don't need a big thrower. This thing throws a nice wide 85K lux hot spot, some nice spill and has very good run time. I actually might like the 219C better than the longer throwing XPL PDT because of the natural tint. The acebeam has more lumens and throws a little farther, but the SD26vn has a wider more usable hot spot and is light light of choice for me. The hotspot on the 219C is actually a little wider that the XPL PDT. It also runs a little hotter, but so much that it has ever required me to turn it down due to heat.

It is funny comparing the two lights. The XPL PDT has double the lux of the 219c version, but I swear that I can actually see what I am looking at downrange just about as well with the 219C.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Ha-ha! Caught me! :D
I'm just going by the numbers. The ratio of lux to lumens is about the same for both lights.
My EC60vn has a far reaching hot spot, but also a decent amount of fill. It's "throwy" but certainly not what I would describe as a dedicated thrower.

(is "throwy" a new category?) LOL

I think that "throwy" is just before you get to "dedicated thrower".