• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

hahoo

Enlightened

WHO IS THE ORIGINATOR???!!!
:sssh::shrug::thinking:

Scroll to the bottom of the OP'S first post and read his signature!!!!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?433364-You-will-love-this-NASA-flashlight

originator of what ?
this comes out of left field , and makes no sense...
please slow down, take a deep breath, and explain yourself better..
you seem to be on the verge of panic all the time
also ,we can understand just the same without the caps, bold test, and !!!!

Last edited:

MC408

Enlightened
So I see these spinners all over. Whats the fun in them? I don't have one yet

There is some link the EDC world and guys who like knives. I first stated seeing them on bladeforums and some custom knifemakers Mfg some tricked out ones with tridium ect (search CKF pepanyaka for a cool one). This was a while ago and then it hit more mainstream as fidget toys became popular. (See Fidget cube or fidget spinners) and cool kids toys.

I bought my nephew one and have on I'll flick at my desk when on conference calls. Lol.

Prices range from $5-$500 and there are lots of DIY videos on how to make them. Just a ball bearing and weight.

But yeah. Fun as a toy and if your a collector like we all are, it can be cool collectibles.

MC408

Enlightened
originator of what ?

Im lost as well but looking forward to a fun exchange between Hahoo and Capolini! :popcorn:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the poster's join date (2001) I'm sure Capolini is asking who originated the "Fiat Lux" signature. That being said... that poster could have made that sig yesterday.

LarryB

Enlightened
originator of what ?

I believe that the originator is the Book of Genesis :candle:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that the originator is the Book of Genesis :candle:

Here it is from Wikipedia :

"Let there be light" is an English translation of the Hebrew יְהִי אוֹר‎ (yehi 'or) found in Genesis 1:3 of the Torah, the first part of the Hebrew Bible. In Old Testament translations of the phrase, translations include the Greek phrase γενηθήτω φῶς (genēthētō phōs) and the Latin phrase fiat lux.

Capolini

Banned
originator of what ?

It is really not that hard to figure out if you have half a brain!

Follow the simple directions and you will see "Fiat Lux" at the bottom of his page.

Wimmer figured it out.:D

There is no panic at all. Just having fun.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am very behind on emails. I hope to go through them all. Please don't panic. Thanks!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see my post was deleted. That's ridiculous. I did that because I thought it might make her laugh or smile at least... completely harmless and not disrespectful. I clearly don't belong here if something as lighthearted as that post is frowned on even in the Lounge.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see my post was deleted. That's ridiculous. I did that because I thought it might make her laugh or smile at least... completely harmless and not disrespectful. I clearly don't belong here if something as lighthearted as that post is frowned on even in the Lounge.
You've got 4017 and 4018, was one deleted in that gap or did 4017 just not show on your screen?

Greta

Flashaholic

One would think having been around for a year now, you would have a bit of a clue... guess you don't. So let me make this a little clearer for you -

If I come into a thread like this, it's because someone called me into it. If I feel I need to make a post to deal with what was reported and I happen to agree that things are getting out of hand or ... just plain stupid... I'm NOT in a mood to laugh or smile. Vihn's little Lounge here is NOT off limits to me - cuz guess what? I OWN it! So I suggest you take my suggestion above and "chill". And while you're doing that, you might want to read Rule #8 about whining and complaining... :ironic: