• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anybody know what happened to Selfbuilt, he hasnt post a single video in 9 months...

I saw where he had a Summer Sale going on of lights he's reviewed---http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?436849-WTS-2nd-PRICE-DROP-Selfbuilt-s-Summer-Sale-(Acebeam-Klarus-Olight-Nitcore)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anybody know what happened to Selfbuilt, he hasnt post a single video in 9 months...
He mentioned that he is very busy with his work life.

Hi all,
I know I haven't been around for a long time - sorry for not stopping by earlier to give y'all an update. :oops:

My work life got pretty crazy last year, when I was asked to take on a whole new bunch of responsibilities (and travel) - basically, doing the work of an extra 1.5 individuals on top of all my old responsibilities. Unfortunately, this will likely get even worse in the short-term as we loose even more people (and then I will need to train some new folks to help take some of the load off). Between that and my whisky reviewing hobby (http://whiskyanalysis.com/), I have had NO time to even test any of the flashlights I have on hand.

I feel bad about this situation, since I had more than a dozen lights in various stages of testing before the end of last year. I have since informed all the makers who have asked that I am no longer taking lights for the foreseeable future. I do hope to post at least a cursory analysis of the lights on hand, but not sure when I will find the time. :sigh:

I appreciate all the well wishes, and will try to check in a bit more frequently. :wave:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I saw where he had a Summer Sale going on of lights he's reviewed---http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?436849-WTS-2nd-PRICE-DROP-Selfbuilt-s-Summer-Sale-(Acebeam-Klarus-Olight-Nitcore)

This is the first real ultra high output thrower from me! All the others before this were more or less wall of lights including the RC40vn40

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took a little vacation to watch that solar eclipse... and came back home to this in my mailbox:

:) :) :)

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
monster thrower getting closer
blf gt rendering
hopefully it will be ready in a few more weeks
vinh is getting one too he says, hopefully he can push this beast to 1.5 mill :naughty:

nRzou5g.jpg

PM's are out on BLF for the GT!

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
:rock::party::party::party::party:an eclipse and a fiat lux...........what are the chances of that!

lol, AND it was my birthday on the day of the eclipse. I'm having a such great week :)

(side note: sun-viewing glasses (even the cheap plastic ones) are PERFECT for looking at the LEDs on our lights on turbo)

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like wimmer was #554 on that GT. Where is OG? I thought he's pipe in by now.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks ven. were you getting a GT?

hope OG doesn't miss the GT. I'll txt him in the morning.

ven

Flashaholic
I thought OG was down for a GT, maybe the names are not fully updated. Me , not so far eek.................looks a beast but i have very limited use for it. I would WOW myself for a bit, then just put it away and more than likely not use again.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like wimmer was #554 on that GT. Where is OG? I thought he's pipe in by now.

First payment sent. The volumn of confusion over the payment/identification details is mind-boggling. I feel sorry for The Miller and whoever else is trying to keep up with this seemingly monumental effort.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
First payment sent. The volumn of confusion over the payment/identification details is mind-boggling. I feel sorry for The Miller and whoever else is trying to keep up with this seemingly monumental effort.
It's amazing how something so simple as sending $14.96 by paypal can be so difficult for some---Reminds me of back in school days--the teacher would have to explain re explain then explain again--that was just to get they're darn books out and turn to page#---- the username and number were already applied--not Rocket Science