• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

flashaholic1

Enlightened
That's scary! Glad you're okay buddy. I've had a couple or run ins with dog(s) in my neighborhood too, normally they're on a leash, but once as soon as the owner opened his door it charged running out.. I carry pepper spray and a vn light at all times (sadly I wasn't expecting that and didn't carry a super bright one) none the less I had my SL2vn at the time and with a few quick taps shined it at max and pepper sprayed the **** out of that dog while the owner was yelling idk at me or the dog or both. (I had asked the owner before to not tie his dog outside the front yard, because it barks and barks and tries to jump and stuff when I'm walking by). This is a nice upscale suburb part of town too, good neighbors, all he said was that he's tied up, he's got a shock collar on, and he's not aggressive. Well this time he didn't have a collar or leash and he came a running full steam, and I went a spraying full stream lol. I should have sprayed the owner while I was at it.. I've found a great giant park (where I shot my X80vn video), there's all kinds of wildlife in this part of town, so I ordered bear spray. I'll start carrying bear spray with me there.. A nice flash of 26,000 lumens and bear spray should do the trick

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazon charges sales tax in states where they have a fulfillment center, distribution center, etc

If you buy from a third party that is out of state, they will not charge you sales tax (you can still get prime shipping if its fulfilled by amazon, and avoid tax)

And technically, you are supposed to declare all out of state purchases on your state income taxes at the end of the year... you know - because the government needs more money from you :)
Yeah, that's exactly it.

Here in IL the government passes an "e-fairness" law that forces amazon to collect the tax despite not having a physical presence, which is usually the driver.

States have always had "USE" taxes on the books, which were what was paid for out of state purchases. Same rates as sales tax, the idea was to disincentive out of state purchases relative to in state. Problem was, people have to self report use taxes, which most people didn't.

Legally, when you buy something online and don't pay sales tax, you are probably committing use tax fraud if you don't claim it and pay use tax on your taxes at year end.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Most of you have seen me mention in my posts that I walk six brisk, hilly miles every day/night in my single-family residential neighborhood. I have had the same route for eighteen months, so I am a well known fixture of the route that I walk. Yesterday, I was charged by two dogs from very very short range. I had previously asked that homeowner to not allow her dogs off her property to charge at pedestrians on the street; I had also previously reported said home address to local police after scary charge from her dog. One of the dogs was a large dog that is on all lists of Dangerous Breeds. The other dog was a mix breed of possible dangerous listing. I had a fraction of a second to defend myself from a certain severe mauling, or worse. I will be busy for the next dew days or so dealing with some post-event wrap-up stuff.
I'll ask.. concealed carry?

I'm a dog fan/owner, but some breeds are inherently dangerous, and all dogs are only as disciplined as their owners/trainers. Some owners fail as trainers.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Most of you have seen me mention in my posts that I walk six brisk, hilly miles every day/night in my single-family residential neighborhood. I have had the same route for eighteen months, so I am a well known fixture of the route that I walk. Yesterday, I was charged by two dogs from very very short range. I had previously asked that homeowner to not allow her dogs off her property to charge at pedestrians on the street; I had also previously reported said home address to local police after scary charge from her dog. One of the dogs was a large dog that is on all lists of Dangerous Breeds. The other dog was a mix breed of possible dangerous listing. I had a fraction of a second to defend myself from a certain severe mauling, or worse. I will be busy for the next dew days or so dealing with some post-event wrap-up stuff.

Hopefully this person is the Homeowner where the dogs were---Their homeowners insurance will be liable whether you were injured or not---just on the emotional part of the attack will be enough to get paid---- You could really be messed up and not be able to take care of your family over this crap

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
My V54 group hug... [emoji4]
f28acba5d9845de0b392213cb373ee12.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'll ask.. concealed carry?

I'm a dog fan/owner, but some breeds are inherently dangerous, and all dogs are only as disciplined as their owners/trainers. Some owners fail as trainers.

I wont get into specifics but I know a person with a pitbull. The owner claims the dog is extremely friendly and that a dog is only bad if its raised that way. Well this dog always bark violently and put my family in threat/freight moments countless times. I know at least 3 occasions where the dog has bitten someone. One time a relative of the dog's owner family. On the last occasion a neighbor "trespasses" while the owner not present and the dog bit the person. The dog just got put down. Owners will never understand the threats of their dog! Of course its friendly to you. You are the owner! Bella never ever bites me! But she sure bites others 3-4 times already. Good thing she is a tiny chihuahua so its nothing more than a bit of scare to the pants. I yelled at her and discipline her but I still don't trust strangers to pet her. I always warn others not to pet her. Larger dogs on the other hand its not just a bit of scare. You got to be responsible for your dogs/pets!

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was bitten by a Labrador this past year while making a delivery. There was a dozen people in the yard. Dog ran out the office and attacked me, biting me on the left thigh. Good thing I had my flashlight in that pocket so he didn't break the skin. He learned who I was and why I was there, called my boss and told him the dog never attacked me. My boss had my back and asked why would you call out of the blue and state that unless it wasn't true. I should've sued

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I was bitten by a Labrador this past year while making a delivery. There was a dozen people in the yard. Dog ran out the office and attacked me, biting me on the left thigh. Good thing I had my flashlight in that pocket so he didn't break the skin. He learned who I was and why I was there, called my boss and told him the dog never attacked me. My boss had my back and asked why would you call out of the blue and state that unless it wasn't true. I should've sued

I got bit once when I was a about 12 years old. I was just walking in the park and the guys dog ran over and bit my calves. The owener yank his dog away and just walked off as fast as he can. Didnt even say sorry. I was in shock so I just stood there. I was a kid so I couldnt do anything anyways.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost got bitten when i was young. Lol. I run and the dog got my shirt.. the problem is the guy trained the dog to bite., it was in asia.,

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am not so into cats when i was young but they are not so bad. I like them now. They take care of themselves and are fascinating in a different way. I love Bella and Tiger but after them I will likely not get anymore pets. Too much hair everywhere...

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Richbuff; Sorry to hear that you had this experience. I am an owner of a wonderful dog that is on all the dangerous dog breed lists. I second what Vinh said in his post that as owners we must be responsible for our animals. You must be a strong, dominate and respected owner in the dog's eyes or they will control you. Why first time dog owners run out and buy these big dogs and don't train and bring them up properly is frustrating. Our family dog is wonderful but that is with family, I know the capabilities and possibilities of what she could do and every precaution is taken to prevent something such as you encountered. I certainly would not want to break into my house... I will also say that she welcomes people that are friends with tail wagging and licks followed by bringing one of her toys for some toss and fetch. She knows invited people are ok but I still take precaution, as owners we must. Obviously, this woman has not and probably never will be responsible for her dogs and has not been a proper owner. What you experienced can forever alter your emotions which could have been avoided if she had been responsible. Again, I'm sorry you had this experience and hope everything works to your favor.

All my best.

LT.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Richbuff; Sorry to hear that you had this experience. I am an owner of a wonderful dog that is on all the dangerous dog breed lists. I second what Vinh said in his post that as owners we must be responsible for our animals. You must be a strong, dominate and respected owner in the dog's eyes or they will control you. Why first time dog owners run out and buy these big dogs and don't train and bring them up properly is frustrating. Our family dog is wonderful but that is with family, I know the capabilities and possibilities of what she could do and every precaution is taken to prevent something such as you encountered. I certainly would not want to break into my house... I will also say that she welcomes people that are friends with tail wagging and licks followed by bringing one of her toys for some toss and fetch. She knows invited people are ok but I still take precaution, as owners we must. Obviously, this woman has not and probably never will be responsible for her dogs and has not been a proper owner. What you experienced can forever alter your emotions which could have been avoided if she had been responsible. Again, I'm sorry you had this experience and hope everything works to your favor.

All my best.

LT.

People here sure try to avoid naming the breedss hahahah But man If Bella was a big dog I think she would have been put down by now. Such an aggressive tiny thin!

By the way I am finally making a good effort to build up my collection for the display case so expect more beam shot comparison videos to come :)
Just got a nice tripod set up so I can take it to more places than my backyard.

MNT18vn XPL HI VS X80vn coming soon ;-)

ven

Flashaholic
Ha ha, hide the vette's keys and keep an eye on Wayne, out joyriding when he could be organising the display:D

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened
People here sure try to avoid naming the breedss hahahah But man If Bella was a big dog I think she would have been put down by now. Such an aggressive tiny thin!

By the way I am finally making a good effort to build up my collection for the display case so expect more beam shot comparison videos to come :)
Just got a nice tripod set up so I can take it to more places than my backyard.

MNT18vn XPL HI VS X80vn coming soon ;-)

Rottweiler :thumbsup:. Bella still gives me a little showing of teeth but I think now it's because she is just happy to see me :)