• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKV89

Enlightened
I really love the way the MK34 looks and feel in hand. It is one of the most unique looking light on the market. It looks and feels better than my ROT66s for sure but the ROT66 has more emitter options and I love the Aux LEDs, which looks mesmerizing at night, when placed together with all the other lighted switches and Aux LED lights I have.

I never use my MK34 though because of the horrible stock Manker UI that lumps turbo with the annoying blinkies. One of these days I will buy a driver from Vinh and swap it in. Don't want to waste such a beautiful light.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think i measured around 7500-8000 lumen turn on for the mk34vn cw... i also run the turbo for couple minutes and it gets super hot.. the light doesnt step down and the driver vnx2 survives..

I like the switch on the mk34vn.. more responsive..

rot66 have all the cool stuff like aux led, ramping, low battery indiciator.. aux led turn off and red led appear when the battery reach 3.29v..

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you like your R90C ?

I like it alot.. this light doesnt failed on me. I must tell you some of the leds are not prefectly centered.. it doesnt effect the beam.. it looks great on the white wall.. i measured 16000 lumen wih the tube.. i have no doubt this light is around 18000-19000 lumen if someone measure with the ansi lumen tube..

SKV89

Enlightened
Newlumen, I think you got really lucky with your R90C. I just bought another one for a friend. It measures 14,000 lumens at 1s, whereas the first 90C measures 13,333 lumens at 1s. But I still really like this light. Very useful beam. It has minimal spill and glare in front of your feet so your eyes can see farther.

flybird

Newly Enlightened
I like it alot.. this light doesnt failed on me. I must tell you some of the leds are not prefectly centered.. it doesnt effect the beam.. it looks great on the white wall.. i measured 16000 lumen wih the tube.. i have no doubt this light is around 18000-19000 lumen if someone measure with the ansi lumen tube..

Thank you.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 Free 18650 for Cyber Monday. Cheers!

WoW! Thanks again Vinh.. you're the best!!!

Steve, you'll love that MK34vn. It's as much a piece of art as it is a flashlight. And, it feels great in the hand. It makes a smooth wall of light, I think no matter which LED. Vinh's UI is the icing on the cake, because Manker's is confusing.

Mike, if the MK43vn gets a positive review from you that's good enough for me. Looking forward to it!

One thing to consider with the factory driver vs vinh's driver is regulation. I'm not sure is VNX has flat regulation in lower ouptuts or not. The fireflies driver uses 13 regulation chips on lower outputs (flat regulation on outputs up to 1400 lumens on sst20 version and higher on xpl hi version), and fet (direct drive) for higher outputs.

I've had both the lh351d and sst20 versions of the rot66. For less than half the cost, I'd definitely get the sst20. SST20 outperforms the lh351d in color rendering, and it throws better with a more defined hotspot. lh351d is just a wall of light. lh351d does make for a little more output on turbo though.

Vinh also has small hands, so keep that in mind. I have normal-slightly larger than normal sized hands, and I think the ROT66 feels tiny.

DSC-0125.jpg

Having said all that though, the responsiveness of VNX and its many customizable mode settings are also really good.

Great info.. you really know your lights!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think i measured around 7500-8000 lumen turn on for the mk34vn cw... i also run the turbo for couple minutes and it gets super hot.. the light doesnt step down and the driver vnx2 survives..

I like the switch on the mk34vn.. more responsive..

rot66 have all the cool stuff like aux led, ramping, low battery indiciator.. aux led turn off and red led appear when the battery reach 3.29v..

Sounds like I should probably just get both! :)

Thanks for the beam shots and size comparison pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.