• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKV89

Enlightened
I don't know. No Imalents yet but who know knows. I prefer X70 from Acebeam as the quality and reliability is more established.

But X70 doesn't have internal fan cooling. With the MS12 you should also be able to see big performance increase by simply replacing the stock XHP70 with P4 bin XHP70.2.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
But X70 doesn't have internal fan cooling. With the MS12 you should also be able to see big performance increase by simply replacing the stock XHP70 with P4 bin XHP70.2.

I understand. I will likely test one but since Imalent reliability is not the best after sales warranty will be my burden.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand. I will likely test one but since Imalent reliability is not the best after sales warranty will be my burden.

What usually fails in imalent lights? Maybe you can put a van driver in the ms12 and r90c and you will get a amazing light!? I know if there was a vn version for these two lights, I would purchase both with the quickness

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
What usually fails in imalent lights? Maybe you can put a van driver in the ms12 and r90c and you will get a amazing light!? I know if there was a vn version for these two lights, I would purchase both with the quickness

I can name quite a few things but lets not. Let put the past behind us and hope the new stuff improved. They are innovative. I said it before that the big players out there should beware. Once they get their quality control together Imalent is a threat.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this floodier than the oslon delta? Looking for a light I can use for mountain biking in 26650 format.

It s a bit floodier but still more of a throwing type of light. Vinh offers many floodier 26650 lights. Check out the thrunite tc20vn.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
For the longest time I was a CW fan and I am still am. However neutral tint grew on it. 4500-5000 Is usually the sweet spot. Even so I only reserved neutral for a couple of smaller flooders. Never have I thought warm tint make sense. Anything 4000K or warmer is too warm and only makes things more yellow. Then other day I sat by my kitchen table and notice the very nice warm tint from the ceiling light. That night sitting on my bed I also notice how nice and warm the night stand light was. Then I asked myself if I came to accept that warm tint really makes my house warm and cozy then why don't have ever gave warm tint a try in flashlights. Couple of days later pass and I decided to try a 3000K HCRI XHP35 HI in a T36vn. Boy was it incandescent warm. LEDs are not suppose to be this warm hahahah. But I made up my mind to give this tint a chance especially when the beam is 100% perfect in a T36vn. I used this light to check on the chickens at night, walk Bella out to do her thing, ceiling bounce in the shower and on my night stand. Now I am really starting to understand why warm tint is so popular. It grew on me slowly. But once I have accepted it I came to realized how pleasant and cozy everything felt. No I am not converted. I still prefer CW in throwers and neutral more than warm tint but the spell is broken. Yuji 3200K started it and now this XHP35 HI 3000K is really changing me. I am kinda nervous that once I get used to warmer tint CW will not be acceptable anymore… hahah..Nahhh…But still it's lovely to enjoy all the range of tints now. Cheers!

ven

Flashaholic
I like it! For me it's simply about the right temp for right aplication . 3000k is nice at night, for me in the day(work)would be far too warm. 5000k works great during the day, 4000k ideally more in the evening/night . Also with my eyes being more use to 2500-3000k around the house, cooler or 5000k+ can seem too cold.

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure Riku, I like acebeam a lot, but not sure or keen on this handle/fan. Looks horrid and out of place, also not impressed with this lumens race with imulent. Seems like the figures just keep being thrown out and to beat . Why all of a sudden 60k when originally 40k, Imulent show 53k, now it's 60k......how does 20k just appear? Why was it not 60k to start with if so easy. That's where I am at with the x70. Kind of dubious.....

Riku

Newly Enlightened
Not sure Riku, I like acebeam a lot, but not sure or keen on this handle/fan. Looks horrid and out of place, also not impressed with this lumens race with imulent. Seems like the figures just keep being thrown out and to beat . Why all of a sudden 60k when originally 40k, Imulent show 53k, now it's 60k......how does 20k just appear? Why was it not 60k to start with if so easy. That's where I am at with the x70. Kind of dubious.....

I hear you. I actually prefer the x65 to this new monster. Thinking about selling my trusted x60vn and getting the x65vn instead. Then there's the GTvn, so much throw but narrower beam... Decisions, decisions...:thinking:

drummer132132

Enlightened
X65vn with vnx3 would be exceptionally good. With the ramp option you could really pick a good balanced output.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
X65vn with vnx3 would be exceptionally good. With the ramp option you could really pick a good balanced output.

GTvn throw is crazy but do consider the size as it might prevent you from using it. X65vn is a big light but next to the GTvn its like a baby light.

Status
Not open for further replies.