• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my Acebeam X80UVvn.

This has 16 Nichia 365 nm UV LEDS, and 4 CREE XHP560.2 LEDs.

Vinh did a power boost to the 4 CREE LEDs, but didn't make any changes to the Nichia LEDs. This is an amazingly well made flashlight, and is quite small.

However, the 365 nm LEDs will cause fluorescence throughout a room even on low, and really light things up when on high. Also, the UV LEDs emit very little visible light.

VERY impressive!
Impressive light, what you need so much UV for? Does more = better for UV?

Hope your taking safety precautions for UV too

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Acebeam X80UVvn.

This has 16 Nichia 365 nm UV LEDS, and 4 CREE XHP560.2 LEDs.

Vinh did a power boost to the 4 CREE LEDs, but didn't make any changes to the Nichia LEDs. This is an amazingly well made flashlight, and is quite small.

However, the 365 nm LEDs will cause fluorescence throughout a room even on low, and really light things up when on high. Also, the UV LEDs emit very little visible light.

VERY impressive!

What r u going to use it with? Was it just for fun? I have never seen so much UV before. It kinda throw too!

star_c_star

Enlightened
What r u going to use it with? Was it just for fun? I have never seen so much UV before. It kinda throw too!

I have a large number of fluorescent minerals, many of which will glow under long wave UV.

The Acebeam X80UV throws more long wave UV than most specialized long wave mineral lights, is more intense than these lights, and MUCH smaller.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have a large number of fluorescent minerals, many of which will glow under long wave UV.

The Acebeam X80UV throws more long wave UV than most specialized long wave mineral lights, is more intense than these lights, and MUCH smaller.

Can we get a picture of the florescent minerals? I have never seen them...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hard to show this though photos but the Samsung 351 LED is one odd LED to my eyes. Gives different tint in different reflector and optics. Most LEDs are like this but more so this one. But in general I found the LED most pleasant in Optics. Playing with all these neutral and warm is very fun :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Its crazy how many Toolvn I sell. Its also crazy how reliable that little thing is. Love it!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had mine for a few years now and it's still going strong and still one of my favorite. I will probably never sell that one

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If you order a Toolvn AA from me but did not get landyard, shorty tail cap and a diffuser please let me know.

Acebeam is soon coming out with the X70. According to their website, it uses Sony VTC6 batteries. I am wondering if there could be a mod available here by swapping out VTC6 with Sony VTC5A. Then a boost? Only thinking out loud here for the X70vn or a better name. lovecpf:grouphug:

ven

Flashaholic
A boost,...........................60k apparently, still not enough...................only Edward would want more:naughty:.......................ok and probably everyone else on the v54 lounge lol

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Acebeam is soon coming out with the X70. According to their website, it uses Sony VTC6 batteries. I am wondering if there could be a mod available here by swapping out VTC6 with Sony VTC5A. Then a boost? Only thinking out loud here for the X70vn or a better name. lovecpf:grouphug:

I think this light is likely max out from the factory. In theory each 70.2 LED can be driven to 6000 Lumen for short burst which gives us 72K Lumen. Lets call it 70K Lumen. 8 VTC5A + Scylla + a Dual program to operate both throw and flood LED can do it. But then why?! All that trouble for 10K lumen more. I think if 60K Lumen was true its SUPER impressive already. If its not and we can mod the original driver to push up to 60K Lumen, heat sink the driver a little better then the light should be complete. Prices would still be relatively cheap VS a complete tear apart. IMO I think its a opportunity that the factory didn't use 21700 this caliber of light.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this light is likely max out from the factory. In theory each 70.2 LED can be driven to 6000 Lumen for short burst which gives us 72K Lumen. Lets call it 70K Lumen. 8 VTC5A + Scylla + a Dual program to operate both throw and flood LED can do it. But then why?! All that trouble for 10K lumen more. I think if 60K Lumen was true its SUPER impressive already. If its not and we can mod the original driver to push up to 60K Lumen, heat sink the driver a little better then the light should be complete. Prices would still be relatively cheap VS a complete tear apart. IMO I think its a opportunity that the factory didn't use 21700 this caliber of light.

Of course not. Reassemble from x65 .. 21700 would be great.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Of course not. Reassemble from x65 .. 21700 would be great.

I dont think so as X70 and X65 have different looks and internals. Different machining & internals = different computer sketches and circuitry.

No "reassemble" of parts Bin from what I can cell.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
***First world problem alert***

Just waiting on my latest VN creation, but I'm about done with USPS first class delivery. The light was mailed "3 day" FC on Oct 3rd. Was supposed to arrive on Sat. Nope. Then yesterday was a fake holiday, so no delivery. Supposed to be delivered today. Nope. Tonorrow? Who knows. And this is the second "3 day" FC delivery that has taken more than a legit week to get to me.

*sigh*

Frustrating when waiting on a new toy and it doesn't arrive when it's scheduled to...

Status
Not open for further replies.