• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKV89

Enlightened
Vinh, I'm curious what you think about the tint on the XHP70.2 N2 5A 80CRI and those Oslon Square 90+ CRI. Do you think the Oslon Squares will work in the Genesis or if you might offer them later?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, I'm curious what you think about the tint on the XHP70.2 N2 5A 80CRI I will report on this.

and those Oslon Square 90+ CRI. These LEDs are smaller than XPG foot print so its not easy to center the LEDs. Very time consuming for a triple actually. We will see how it turns out.

Do you think the Oslon Squares will work in the Genesis or if you might offer them later? Mounting these LEDs on a triple took all morning. Not sure I can mass produce with this LED unless there is a correct MCPCB made for it.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is the tint on those Oslon Squares? The SST20 HI CRI variants might be good options as well, since they come from the factory at 95 cri.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Weren't for modding lights I would never get to enjoy these customs.

The triple light has what I think is a polished reflector. Not the typical mirror smooth finished. Very unique. Gives a large hot spot and not much of petals. Kinda like an optics light. LOL Super odd. The little zoomie is the smallest soomie I have ever seen. The throw is cool but the flood is a little pointless. We will see how it does after I do an LED swap. Has a weird LED in it now. May be XPD? The Spy is kinda cool but not very bright. Still its a light that seems to be well thought out and made.

You would think this light takes an 18650 but nope it's 16340. It's crazy thick body housing can literally take a bullet.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam FL12 is helps me get some nice shots with actuate real life colors. Love it!
You can adjust the Kelvin from 3000-5700K
You can adjust the brightness the brightness in 5% step from 5% to 100%
You can also use it as a Power bank to charge your phone
About 1 hour runtime on Max and 21 hours at 5%
780 Lumen!

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I alam
Jetbeam FL12 is helps me get some nice shots with actuate real life colors. Love it!
You can adjust the Kelvin from 3000-5700K
You can adjust the brightness the brightness in 5% step from 5% to 100%
You can also use it as a Power bank to charge your phone
About 1 hour runtime on Max and 21 hours at 5%
780 Lumen!

I almost bought one of these. The light is bright enough to use to take pictures at only 800 lumens?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, I'm curious what you think about the tint on the XHP70.2 N2 5A 80CRI and those Oslon Square 90+ CRI. Do you think the Oslon Squares will work in the Genesis or if you might offer them later?

Just installed. XHP70.2 N2 5A 80CRI. Its pretty good. Here is a shot that I adjusted the WB to as close as what I see in real life.

ven

Flashaholic
The jetbeam is super cool!!!! Really like that for close up stuff.That 70.2 80CRi looks nice as well:)

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all! I haven't been on CPF for a few months - just been busy on trips etc.

Genesis looks awesome.

I'm stoked that there are some new emitters out there - I'm gonna need a new p60 helmet light when daylight savings rolls back and most of our riding is after dark.
My M2500VN died and was my fav with the dedomed MTG2 yellow tint...
I HATED changing the 2 18350s in the dark tho and runtime was bad.

I was just gonna order a direct drive XPL 4000K with some diffusion film and call it a done but what other single cell emitters would you guys suggest?

Prayers for Vinhs mom!! And I hope everyone is doing well!

Also- is everything switching to 20mm cells yet? Haven't seen any cool new 18650s around but just browsed CPF real quick.

I'll post some adventure pics later.

My lights have had A TON of use last few months and no issues to report.

Lots of all night runs with my HL20? VN stuck to a truck set on low as a camp flood.

It still sometimes won't go into low when I cycle thru Modes - just turns barely visible or off on that mode.
Works fine if I just unscrew tail.

Cheerz

ven

Flashaholic
Hey there, glad all is good, i think the genesis looks awesome to. Might be worth waiting for that:)

Pics!!!

SKV89

Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshot. Hope it is MUCH less yellow than the previous XHP70.2 4000k 80CRI from Mouser.

How do you like the tint on the Oslon square?

SKV89

Enlightened
That looks really good, best I've seen yet. Very efficient. Do you have anything like it in 7A3 or so? That should be a warmer ~3000k but not yellow.

Kaidomain sells a 3000k 7A at the highest N4 bin available for 3000k. It is only 1 bin less than the highest P2 bin for 70.2 emitters. Pretty amazing how Kaidomain can get such gems. The 5A tint Vinh tested above was also bought from Kaidomain.
http://kaidomain.com/Cree-XHP70_2-N4-7A-Warm-White-3000K-LED-Emitter?search=xhp70.2

I also bought their 7A 3000k XP-L2 in a P60 pill and the tint is one of the best 3000k I've ever seen. There is a slight yellow egg yolk at the center though but can be eliminated with DC-Fix or frosted optic if used in a multi-emitter TIR light.
http://kaidomain.com/Cree-XP-L2-HD-V4-7A-Warm-White-3000K-LED-Emiitter?search=xp-l2

Patriot

Flashaholic
Everytime I think of the S12 Copper I feel sad. I regret selling all of them. If anyone have one I would trade you a +$200 new light for it.

70.2 direct solder bonded to the copper slug + VNX3 boost driver!!! I am salivating just thinking about it. Heck I would even do CFT90 in it!!!!!

Let's see if we can get that s12 copper into your hands.

email sent. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.