• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2019

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if Vinh ever produced a xhp70.2 zoomie or aspheric? I would like to purchase one just to mess around.

Renegadethreads

Newly Enlightened
I mostly have floods. Imalent DX80 is probably the brightest. This will probably be all I hang onto for throw until we see how LEP comes along.[h=1][/h]

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering if anyone is near Vinh. The next town over has 27" of snow in the last 24 hours

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
Funeral home called and said date is now moved the the 21st on Thursday...

Love you Brother Lots of Hugs from my Family to your Family!!!!! You are have been a great son!! You always honored your father and I know he was Very proud of you! You have been a Bright Shining light in your community and even though its a little dimmer you will come of this Dark time Brighter and stronger than ever!! Lots of Hugs for Mama from Rene and Michelle.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all. Things are fine during the day but at night things gets worse. I have never known such pain before. I remember the first few days my entire body was numbed and tears wont stop. My mom is surprisingly holding up better than me. I am also thankful for everyone's prayers and Phuongs constant comfort. It's very sad to work in a room seeing an empty seat nearby. When things settle I will break down my lab and reset everything for a new vibe. I also plan to move upstair to a room near by moms. Downstairs will be rented out to for additional income.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all. Things are fine during the day but at night things gets worse. I have never known such pain before. I remember the first few days my entire body was numbed and tears wont stop. My mom is surprisingly holding up better than me. I am also thankful for everyone's prayers and Phuongs constant comfort. It's very sad to work in a room seeing an empty seat nearby. When things settle I will break down my lab and reset everything for a new vibe. I also plan to move upstair to a room near by moms. Downstairs will be rented out to for additional income.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are a good person and do lots of good here on this tiny little rock. This is still such a new wound, and one of the deepest someone could suffer. New workspace is a good idea, its good to set your mind on something minor you can complete in tough times. If you're in any manner similar to me, you probably need to focus your intensity and energy into something at all times. Try to let it be into the good memories, and in being productive. Helps me at least.

Your father helped keep the nights a little brighter for all of us. I'm sure he will continue to brighten yours in many ways. I think of him whenever I admire my D25Cvn.

I've had some rather profound experiences after the passing of my Aunt- I was one of the few she wanted to help fill in with her 3 kids. You two seem so connected, I don't think he will ever be too far away from you, Vinh.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You are a good person and do lots of good here on this tiny little rock. This is still such a new wound, and one of the deepest someone could suffer. New workspace is a good idea, its good to set your mind on something minor you can complete in tough times. If you're in any manner similar to me, you probably need to focus your intensity and energy into something at all times. Try to let it be into the good memories, and in being productive. Helps me at least.

Your father helped keep the nights a little brighter for all of us. I'm sure he will continue to brighten yours in many ways. I think of him whenever I admire my D25Cvn.

I've had some rather profound experiences after the passing of my Aunt- I was one of the few she wanted to help fill in with her 3 kids. You two seem so connected, I don't think he will ever be too far away from you, Vinh.

Thank you

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh I am so sorry to hear the news. You and your family are definitely a source of light in the world. Love to you all.

flashaholic1

Enlightened
Hope you're doing better Vinh, time is the healer of all things. I know how difficult it is to lose someone so close, it will take time, and you take all the time you need to heal, be there for your mom, and continue to keep your father in your prayers.

I have been Mia for a while from here, I've been creeping on FB. Finally moved to California with my wife, miss my family back in Nashville, but needed a change of scenery and weather as I was becoming depressed with the Nashville weather and allergies.

Hope everyone here has been well

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got kind of a general question, I've seen tid-bits about this here and there but I haven't been able to find anything directly on the subject. Is there a direct rhyme and reason as to which lights get which driver? Like VNX2/3 are for E-switch lights, where for example do you decide which light gets VN2 vs VN4?

Is it a voltage thing? Clearances/ space thing? Is it specific to a type of swtich? Do more "premium" lights get VN4? Is changing from a VN2 to a VN4 driver possible?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I'm just more curious than anything!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I've got kind of a general question, I've seen tid-bits about this here and there but I haven't been able to find anything directly on the subject. Is there a direct rhyme and reason as to which lights get which driver? Like VNX2/3 are for E-switch lights, where for example do you decide which light gets VN2 vs VN4?

Is it a voltage thing? Clearances/ space thing? Is it specific to a type of swtich? Do more "premium" lights get VN4? Is changing from a VN2 to a VN4 driver possible?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I'm just more curious than anything!

This is kind of tough to answer but in general...

Tiny mechanical switch lights takes VN2 as VN4 doesnt fit
VNX2 is finally available for tiny light that has an E switch
VNX3 and VN4 are good with larger lights that has more space.

But yeah its not as straight forward as this. There are other factors...

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is kind of tough to answer but in general...

Tiny mechanical switch lights takes VN2 as VN4 doesnt fit
VNX2 is finally available for tiny light that has an E switch
VNX3 and VN4 are good with larger lights that has more space.

But yeah its not as straight forward as this. There are other factors...

AH ok interesting, thank you Vinh, that makes sense. I was mostly curious if it were a conscious choice or more one made out of circumstances.

Appreciate the explanation!